Tamashii Nations Teases Tobey And Andrew No Way Home S.H. Figuarts Figures

JayC

Not surprising but Tamashii Nations has released a teaser suggesting they will be bringing us No Way Home versions of Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) & The Amazing Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) S.H. Figuarts figures. Stay-tuned for more details soon.

Spider-Men.jpg

On 2/7/2022 at 8:03 AM, tarot said:

Didn't mafex already do both of these before or am I thinking of figuarts?

On 2/7/2022 at 9:21 AM, SpiderS said:

Mafex Made both Amazing costumes but not Tobey, only Figma has made Tobey figure. Either way this is very exciting  to see

Yeah, they made the ASM suits, but I'd like to see a new version of the ASM2 suit, maybe with an Andrew head sculpt and less metallic colors. And we need a Mafex Tobey.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Tamashii Nations has released these images from their store in Tokyo giving us our first look at their No Way Home Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland Spider-Man S.H. Figuarts figures. They also released a new image of their Let Their Be Carnage Venom S.H. Figuarts figure saying more details will be released in July 27.

SH-Figuarts-No-Way-Home-Spider-Men-01.jpg

SH-Figuarts-No-Way-Home-Spider-Men-02.jpg

SH-Figuarts-No-Way-Home-Spider-Men-03.jpg

SH-Figuarts-No-Way-Home-Spider-Men-04.jpg

SH-Figuarts-Venom.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
We got our first look at the upcoming No Way Home Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield and Tom Holland Spider-Man S.H. Figuarts figures the other week from Tamashii Nations.

Well today they have released some images giving us a better look at the Tobey Maguire Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man one including an unmasked head that will be included. Looks like these will have the upper hand on the Hasbro Marvel Legends ones that won't include unmasked heads. Stay-tuned for more details on this figure to be released soon.

Tobey-01.jpg

Tobey-02.jpg

I'm really excited about the Toby head sculpt, looks real spot on. The issues I have with these are 1. Those hideous hip joints, those are an eyesore. 2. The scale is just too small for my liking. Might overlook these issues and still get it and cancel the Legends 3 pack. Hopefully Hasbro will include head portraits down the line then I'd definitely stick with the Legends.  Decisions, decisions!

For me personally this is the only upside to the SHF, so they're pretty much on par with the Legends now. These will be probably like $50 more than the Legends, out of scale with anything outside of more SHF and have much worse looking joints. I'm still going with Legends despite the unmasked head, I likely wouldn't even display them unmasked. 

The long awaited Spider-Man release is finally here! Featuring swappable head parts, removed masked piece and the all important pointing fingers.
Pre-orders starting August 2nd.

S.H.Figuarts The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man Scheduled Release: January 2023.

The Andrew Garfield Amazing Spider-Man figure will go up for pre-order in early September and the Tom Holland Integrated Suit (Final Battle) figure will go up for pre-order in late September.Spider-Man-00.thumb.jpg.8f1e7f65dfa67e61aa9dd1d5ebe06dfe.jpg

Spider-Man-01.jpg

Spider-Man-02.jpg

Spider-Man-03.jpg

Spider-Man-04.jpg

Dang so Maguire at least is licensing his likeness.. what the F Hasbro?!? Where is my Unmasked Maguire head for the $$$ I paid for that 3 pack?!? This $#/+ needs to stop.. either Hasbro should appreciate us fans and give us the best version immediately or drop prices 

The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man edition features a faithfully accurate facial sculpt. Now you can replicate scenes of him offering advice to his younger counterpart (sold separately), re-creating one of the performances of the century, right on your desktop! You can pre-order this now from our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

I'm all for more articulation but in the case of this figure it heavily ruins overall look of the figure, especially  over complicated extra joints in the legs and crotch, they could have easily used more traditional articulation like most shf figures that have ball jointed legs with hidden thigh swivel, I don't believe that extra small range we get is worth it.