New Morbius Movie Poster From Sony

JayC

Sony today released a new Morbius movie poster.

Daniel Espinosa directs Morbius from a screenplay written by Matt Sazama & Burk Sharpless, based on the Marvel Comics character created by Roy Thomas and Gil Kane in 1971. Morbius stars Jared Leto, Matt Smith, Adria Arjona, Jared Harris, Al Madrigal, and Tyrese Gibson. Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, and Lucas Foster are producing.

Morbius opens in theaters on April 1st, 2022.

morbius-poster.jpg

On 2/9/2022 at 1:50 PM, SpiderS said:

I hate modern movie posters with passion, if something really went for the worse in modern entertainment it's definitely movie posters. 

Don't get me started on this phenomenon , man we had such beautiful posters in the 80's and 90's, how about some actual artwork, posters in the 2000's look like a photoshopped blob, ugh. This poster is remarkably ugly though, it's like they outsourced all movie posters to some kid named movie_kid800 who uses a bootleg photo editor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still holding hope for this movie, I will be going out opening weekend for sure.

Didn't think I noticed Matt Smith before in the earlier trailers they gave him more of a presence in this final trailer, I think he could be a good character, he's Hunger as far as I know, also Jarred Harris is usually really good in roles.

Still not sure what's going on with Micheal Keaton as Vulture(?) but I'm interested in finding out.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, WTF. I saw the movie on opening night in D-Box and I understood 30% of what was going on. Terrible cinematography. Terrible villain. They wasted Adria Arjona. The post-credits scene made no sense whatsoever. I wonder how Sony convinced Marvel to let them gain full creative control over the Vulture. Do not go see the movie.

On 4/3/2022 at 11:12 PM, Hogun said:

OK, WTF. I saw the movie on opening night in D-Box and I understood 30% of what was going on. Terrible cinematography. Terrible villain. They wasted Adria Arjona. The post-credits scene made no sense whatsoever. I wonder how Sony convinced Marvel to let them gain full creative control over the Vulture. Do not go see the movie.

Well, it was either give them control of their Venomverse or lose Spider-man in the MCU. I'm sorry, we can have these horrid movies but losing Tom Holland and the rest would be a crime.

Saw it and it wasn't that bad if you understood it was exactly what it was supposed to be. It was a way to introduce Morbius to the Venomverse for future plans whether it be to set up the Sinister Six or some other project. Simply a set up movie. I don't expect Kraven to be much more than that either. It wasn't the worst modern Marvel movie by any means. I like Leto's portrayal of the character, it just kinda sucks that he seems to be getting a bad gig in every superhero movie he's been in. He's actually a fairly competent actor.

I heard from so many people this movie was pretty rough, but I always like to make my own judgments, I'm going to see it this week, hoping I enjoy it, not having really super high hopes, just hopes it will be at least a movie I will have some fun watching, Always was a huge Morbius fan so I just want to support the fact a character I love and never expected to get a movie got one, I gotta be happy it ever happened regardless of the outcome. I never would have thought in the same month I'd be watching a Moon Knight show and seeing a Morbius movie it's pretty childhood/adulthood dreams come true stuff.

So yeah saw Morbius today, not really very uh....good, it was okay I guess in some aspects, the acting was good, the action was good and some of the effects, Morbius himself looked good, the plot super thin, the character development and weight of any character was thin, the overall concept fairly bland, there was a ton of things in this film that had no explanations for it, it almost felt confusing because so much information was just omitted, it felt a bit outdated at times, almost like it felt like sony in the early 2000's, it kind of at the end of it all felt a bit "why?" and Unnecessary, it felt rushed yet a bit too long, strange feeling, also I won't spoil anything but there is some things in this movie that will make you want to rip yer hair out, if you see it you will know.

• 5 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 2:12 PM, Hogun said:

Saw it on Netflix and I can honestly say I'm glad I didn't spend any money on this. I get the feeling that it looks so choppy and uneven due to all the delays it had. Then there's the out of left field bizarre post credits scene.