Rumor Report: New Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Figure Coming In 2022

JayC

• 7 months later...

Back in February I first told you how there was going to be a Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo figure released at retail sometime this year. Then Hasbro announced their Pulse-Exclusive Mojo World Boxset version. Well now images have surfaced for that regular retail version which looks like is going to cost $41.99. Its not clear who is the original source for these images or where the figure was found. When more details become available we will be sure to update you. Thanks to Luis for the heads up.

Marvels-Mojo-00.jpg

Marvels-Mojo-01.jpg

Marvels-Mojo-02.jpg

Marvels-Mojo-04.png

Marvels-Mojo-05.jpg

I'd buy that for $42 for sure.  i thought i saw another tag in that aisle (in the IG photo i saw)  that was like $60 and thought that might be the more likely price for this guy solo as that seems more in line with hasbro these days.

i wonder if this "reveal" will cause loads of cancellations on the box set order, just as legender above did.  

from what i read elsewhere the paint apps on the box set version are better than the ones on this guy fwiw

honestly I'm still getting the box set over this. The paint apps are better (their different artist version I know) and I can get an updated Longshot and a better Dazzler as well.

On 9/24/2022 at 7:04 PM, Legender said:

This is a Fu$#&ng insult ... they charged 100 extra for the "exclusive" set! 50US Longshot and 50US another Dazzler?

Canceling my order now! They really taking us for dumb zombies.

it's insulting to give people, who may I add haven't even paid for the box set yet, another option to get this for cheaper?

On 9/24/2022 at 3:34 PM, bashpics99 said:

I'd buy that for $42 for sure.  i thought i saw another tag in that aisle (in the IG photo i saw)  that was like $60 and thought that might be the more likely price for this guy solo as that seems more in line with hasbro these days.

i wonder if this "reveal" will cause loads of cancellations on the box set order, just as legender above did.  

from what i read elsewhere the paint apps on the box set version are better than the ones on this guy fwiw

Are they, though? Has there been an actual photo of the figures from the Pulse site revealed, or are they just the digital render? Because they showed renders of both Gor and Mystique and they turned out to be inaccurate (I'm sure people would get upset if I said "misleading"). But in any event the disclaimer for renders is "final product may vary". 

Hasbro...Where Fans Come First

On 9/25/2022 at 1:11 AM, Atlantis said:

Are they, though? Has there been an actual photo of the figures from the Pulse site revealed, or are they just the digital render? Because they showed renders of both Gor and Mystique and they turned out to be inaccurate (I'm sure people would get upset if I said "misleading"). But in any event the disclaimer for renders is "final product may vary". 

yes there are a few people from asia who got this set (via the Hong Kong Expo) and have posted images of them. They look almost the exact same as the renders.

not to mention they show the figure at SDCC and the Fan expo I mentioned before.

On 9/24/2022 at 7:44 PM, tarot said:

it's insulting to give people, who may I add haven't even paid for the box set yet, another option to get this for cheaper?

Sorry if i was misinterpreted, is insulting from Hasbro to Charge 100 extra to the ones buying the set just for a few lunars (thats the only difference, the shading is in both, I already saw the review from a guy in Asia) and Longshot, lets be honest, no many would be interested in a third Dazzler. 

But I canceled my order and I dont feel insulted anymore, and I'm sure many will do the same and Hasbro will have a few hundreds of boxes in the storage. Everyone happy! 

Another dick move by Hasbro, to let many of us pull the trigger on the set only to have this come out later at a much smaller price. For me it's OK. I wanted Longshot and I love that Dazzler's head sculpt, but for those who bought it just for Mojo it's a kick in the cubes.

I do like the trend of them offering these larger figures as single Deluxe's but it would be nice for Hasbro to let people know the score before they let them get the impression this is the only way they were gonna get that figure. Kinda like the BS they're pulling with the Mephisto figure.

I dunno about anyone else but over the last few months it feels like Hasbro's really doing the comic fandom dirty. Almost like we'll always come back no matter how bad we get burned. Personally I never thought I'd abandon ML, but I'm really at the end of my rope with these guys. Especially after this $120 maximum value Haslab they tried to convince was worth $350.

On 9/24/2022 at 11:13 PM, leokearon said:

It is strange that this is being released before the exclusive gets it's release. Thankfully I had not interest in either set, but it is still a strange move.

No interest here either; certainly not at that price. But their decisions are just chaotic. Its a mixture of ineptitude, greed, and contradictions that make no sense. However the upside on this one is, fans can get it without paying that outrageous amount for the other two figures. 

Seeing this and the price for the solo Mojo just shows that they are overcharging for that Hasbro Pulse exclusive. That set should have been at least a hundred dollars at least with the package art. I am sticking with my ToyBiz Longshot which still holds up. I am mostly done with Legends anyways just keeping an eye out for maybe a Jim Lee Banshee and Excalibur Rachel Summers if they don't screw those up.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:11 PM, Atlantis said:

Atlantis I sometimes think you are too hard on Hasbro, but I have to say I am starting to come over to your way of thinking. Some of the things Hasbro has been doing are just such head scratchers, and other times they feel like Hasbro knows what they are doing and it isn't in our best interest. I have been collecting Legends since Wave 1 of the Toybiz days, and I have turned my entire collection with all of Hasbro's offerings, but I don't need to keep purchasing if they can't give us great offerings at great prices (My collection will still look great, and while there are plenty of characters I would still love to have, there are really only about 20 to 30 absolute must haves that I couldn't say no to).   

Have you ever thought about the things that changed during Covid? Bags at a store were once a cost the company saw as a necessary supply expense, but during Covid they realized they could extend the cost to the consumer (and at the time it was fair because of their reduced sales, but they still charge now even though sales have recovered). Restaurants saw spikes in the cost of supplies (because supply chains got weird, so to some degree it made sense), but those costs have yet to come back down, and the cost of our meals were impacted.  Thinking about how Hasbro has managed their business during all of this. Where was it necessary to make changes, and where have they taken advantage of the opportunity to charge more, while their costs may not have increased, and their sales might not have declined?

Long story endless, I canceled my Mojo preorder, and I will pass on the Haslab unless they care enough to adjust the campaign, which I doubt they will.

Okay now this is a strange turn of events, single packed Mojo, before the release of the Mojoworld 3 pack? and without any announcement, this is going to hurt the sales of that 3 Pack, I'm sure people are cancelling left and right, the 3 pack was extremely expensive, sure it comes with Mojo plus Dazzler and Longshot, but its like 130 bucks....I don't know this puts me on the fence, I may cancel that pack, I really want Longshot, but holy for me in Canada that set was 183 USD, which is crazy I thought that we'd get no chance at a Mojo or Longshot if we didn't buy that....now it has me thinking...do I keep the 3 pack on order, or just go with this and hope for another shot at Longshot....

wow Hasbro is taking many L's this week.

On 9/26/2022 at 1:51 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Okay now this is a strange turn of events, single packed Mojo, before the release of the Mojoworld 3 pack? and without any announcement, this is going to hurt the sales of that 3 Pack, I'm sure people are cancelling left and right, the 3 pack was extremely expensive, sure it comes with Mojo plus Dazzler and Longshot, but its like 130 bucks....I don't know this puts me on the fence, I may cancel that pack, I really want Longshot, but holy for me in Canada that set was 183 USD, which is crazy I thought that we'd get no chance at a Mojo or Longshot if we didn't buy that....now it has me thinking...do I keep the 3 pack on order, or just go with this and hope for another shot at Longshot....

wow Hasbro is taking many L's this week.

I would say Longshot will get a single (maybe Retro card) release down the line probably with a different look (if he has one)

Shown below via ManCave Collectible Reviews is an in-hand look at the new Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo figure from Hasbro which has started showing up at Target stores for $41.99. The figure should be a general release though it's no clear when it might start showing up at places outside Target.

Check out images below.

Mojo-00.jpg

Mojo-01.jpg

Mojo-02.jpg

Mojo-03.jpg

Mojo-04.jpg

Mojo-05.jpg

Mojo-06.jpg

Mojo-07.jpg

I had no idea Mojo was coming out individually boxed, I guess I'm fairly out of the loop. I have to echo the comments from some of the posters here though - why $41 for the largest piece in the set and $130 for Mojo, Longshoot and Dazzler, and "Wolverine". That math does not add up, even if you factor in exclusivity.
I'm already passing on the Haslab offering, and may cancel my exclusive three pack as well. It seems more and more that the Star Wars business model is carrying over to the Marvel Legends line.

On 9/26/2022 at 4:01 PM, Amazing_Spidey said:

I had no idea Mojo was coming out individually boxed, I guess I'm fairly out of the loop. I have to echo the comments from some of the posters here though - why $41 for the largest piece in the set and $130 for Mojo, Longshoot and Dazzler, and "Wolverine". That math does not add up, even if you factor in exclusivity.
I'm already passing on the Haslab offering, and may cancel my exclusive three pack as well. It seems more and more that the Star Wars business model is carrying over to the Marvel Legends line.

Being very charitable and assuming amped-up exclusive pricing for the other figures in the pack, you get $42 for Mojo + $28 for Longshot + $28 for Dazzler + a very generous $15 for lil Wolverine, that still only leaves the combined value at $113.  Mojo in the multipack does have more paint apps than the single-release Mojo, so obviously that should make up for some of the difference, but are a couple more paint apps really worth a whole $17 more?  And again, that's even assuming the two other figures should be $28 each instead of $25, or that Wolverine should be $15 instead of like $12 or $10 (or less).  Basically, it's maybe not as egregious as it initially sounded, but things still don't really add up.