Rumor Report: New Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo Figure Coming In 2022

JayC

On 9/28/2022 at 12:57 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

I wonder if this boxed set will eventually end up at EB Games Canada (now AKA Gamestop Canada) a la the Hellfire Club set.

that would be pretty sweet, but I wouldn't put my chips on it, that whole Hascon stuff coming to EB Canada was like a 1 off, and the HFC set barely hit many EB;s it was in very few numbers, some got lucky, if you want that 3 pack (cough 4 pack) I'd say don't not buy it if you really want it from Pulse just to hope it might hit EB...we can never forget the great event of Walgreens Moonknight.

I learned my Deluxe Figure lesson with MODOK by paying the full price and then watching it drop to $30 over the next few months.  Every other deluxe figure has seen similar action since then.  When it hits $30, I'll pick it up.  Or even a little less.  

Hasbro seems to think that "inflation" means everyone has a bunch of additional, disposable income.  We don't.  And the demand isn't enough to justify these 40% price hikes over 1 year.  

The Marvel Legends Deluxe Mojo figure has already gone up for pre-order on the Amazon website.

The price is currently listed as $55 there which is more than what we had seen it cost at Target stores where the figure first started showing up at. Amazon lists the release date as tomorrow (10/1) which is when the figure is supposed to officially be made available everywhere.

Mojo-01.jpg

Mojo-02.jpg

Mojo-03.jpg

Mojo-04.jpg

Mojo-05.jpg

Mojo-06.jpg

Mojo-07.jpg

Mojo-08.jpg

Mojo-09.jpg

Mojo-10.jpg

On 10/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, Reno said:

I wish Target would list it on their website for that $41.99 price. Amazon and BBTS are both over $55. I know that I'll never see it at my local store. They still haven't gotten in any Spider-Man 60th stuff....

I read somewhere a theory that the $42 is somehow leftover in their system from when MODOK went on clearance. with a reset coming i wonder if that would change the price to something closer to the $55 that everyone else is charging. iow feels like a fluke but kudos to those who've managed to take advantage, at least while it lasts

I was conflicted about whether to keep my pre-order for the boxset, but when I looked and saw that it was $132 then I just couldn't justify that difference between that and the combined $80 for the stand-alone Mojo and Longshot figures. For some reason I thought that I remembered it being like $25 less than that. I already have both of the other Dazzler figures that Hasbro has made and I have no interest in that Wolverine or any of the special packaging. The decision really ended up being a no-brainer for me.

Yeah I think that even though this figure is actually lacking deco and paint hits, and is clearly the inferior version of Mojo compared to the box set version, I still like this figure, and with the recent announcement of a single packed Longshot (which I actually like more), it was a no brainer to cancel that box set, I think Hasbro shot themselves a bit in the foot with the whole Box set, because intricate packaging, Dazzler (which I like, but I also am fine with the current dazzler) and a Baby Wolvie statue is not worth the extra bucks, and it's quite a lot of extra bucks, I'm sure most people already cancelled that Box set, However if they had got the box out prior to these new reveals, we would have already payed that price, because before Mojo and Longshot got shown on there own I was fine buying that Box set because I figured I'd have no where else to get those 2.

I think I’m just gonna wait for all hell to freeze over to see if the mojoworld set goes on sale. I’d be happy with either Mojo *but* I love me my outback so I would really like to get that Dazzler and Longshot from the set. And don’t gotta sweat over Longshot’s satchel since I can just use the toybiz one probably.