Marvel Netflix Based Shows Leaving Streaming Service In March

JayC

I couldn't give a rodent's derriere about any of these guys except Charlie Cox. They could and probably should recast everyone else. John Bernthal was serviceable as Punisher, but I woulda hoped for a bigger guy, like the one who's currently playing Reacher on Amazon Prime. Mike Coulter as Cage would be a distant third. Kristin Ritter as Jessica Jones would be a depressing fourth. You could literally replace Finn Jones with a ball peen hammer stuffed in a latex glove full of lemon custard duct taped to a lawn chair and probably wind up with a better show. On second thought, Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing and Simone Missick as Misty Knight were pretty good too. Place them at second and third and move the others back accordingly. I'm still firm on the ball peen hammer, though

On 2/23/2022 at 12:36 PM, Ironspider428 said:

With them coming to D+ now, I'm hoping that gives Hasbro an excuse to rerelease some of those figures and maybe give us new ones. Iron Fist and Colleen were never widely available and are currently going for $150+ apiece on the aftermarket now, plus I've always wanted more characters from the shows. Kingpin, Kilgrave, Jigsaw, Stick, Misty, suited Matt, just to name a few.

I was really hoping the BAF for the newest Disney+ wave was gonna be Kingpin, I know we'll get him eventually though.

On 2/24/2022 at 10:25 PM, tarot said:

Which is part of disney+. There aren't a different app or anything.

It doesn't look like that's correct. This is right off their site:

Star+ is a standalone general entertainment and sports streaming service in Latin America. It is complementary to, but independent from Disney+ in the region. The service is the home for exclusive premieres of general entertainment TV series and movies from The Walt Disney Company’s content studios, including Disney Television Studios, FX, 20th Century Studios, Star Original Productions, National Geographic Original Productions and more, and the streaming service for live sports from ESPN, the most respected and renowned brand for sports fans in the region.

From dramas to comedies, including all seasons of The Simpsons, and thrillers for adults, Star+ also features exclusive original programming from the Star general entertainment brand, along with a collection of regional original productions from Latin America.

On March 16, Disney+ will add more Marvel live-action series titles to its expansive content offering in the U.S., Canada, U.K., Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand with the addition of “Daredevil,” “Jessica Jones,” “Luke Cage,” “Iron Fist,” “The Defenders,” and “The Punisher,” plus “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” in the U.S., giving fans access to more from the Marvel collection, all in one place. With the addition of these titles, Disney+ will concurrently release an update to its Parental Controls in the U.S. that will prompt all subscribers to update their settings.

“Disney+ has served as the home for some of the most beloved brands in the industry, and the addition of these live-action shows brings more from the Marvel brand together, all in one place,” said Michael Paull, President of Disney Streaming. “We have experienced great success with an expanded content offering on Disney+ across our global markets and are excited to continue that here in the U.S. as well by offering our consumers not only great content with the new Marvel additions, but also a set of features that help ensure a viewing experience most suitable for them and their family.

These Marvel series will also be available across all other Disney+ markets later this year.

Netflix.jpg

On 2/24/2022 at 9:25 PM, tarot said:

Which is part of disney+. There aren't a different app or anything.

They are different apps, they are available independently of each other and as a combo (called cleverly combo+). Trust me, I’m paying, lol. 

On 2/23/2022 at 9:39 PM, icematta said:

Are they going to censor them???

That's the big question. That shot of Fisk smashing the guy's head in the car door was pretty shocking in its brutality. The Punisher had plenty of blood too, something absent from most Marvel movies. The fact that they're updating their parental controls suggests they may not edit the shows, but we'll see.

On 3/1/2022 at 6:36 PM, ransomz said:

That's the big question. That shot of Fisk smashing the guy's head in the car door was pretty shocking in its brutality. The Punisher had plenty of blood too, something absent from most Marvel movies. The fact that they're updating their parental controls suggests they may not edit the shows, but we'll see.

Yeah, and all the scenes in Jessica Jones and Luke Cage of s*x, I had to make a quick resume and show only certain scenes and episodes so my kids could understand Charlie's Cameo in Spideman...

But it makes more sense to have all those shows in D+ instead of Hulu or Star+, but in Latinamerica they have Logan, and both movies of Deadpool in Star+, if the new parental control works as intended they might even move all the content to only one platform...

On 3/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, tarot said:

I am as well and there are not. I live in Ireland and they are one app.

Huh, that's funny, different countries different businesses. I mean, I shouldn't be surprised, but I am. In Mexico they're 2 different apps. Bigger paycheck for them, I guess. I'm so envious of you only having to pay a single app.

For those that didn't read it no they are not censoring it. They said that they are updating their parental controls for the show.

I mean for god sake if eternals can have a sex scene and be allowed for everyone then you shouldn't be surprised that they don't censor these for the 18+ section

This is welcome news. Both for those of us who saw these on Net for the first time, and for those who probably heard about the shows, but didn't get the chance. And for Moon Knight, I don't see how they can do the show justice without having it rated at least around the Jessica Jones/Daredevil level.