Rumor Report: It's The 20th Anniversary Of Marvel Legends, What Can We Expect To See?

JayC

UPDATE: Yesterday I told you about what we can likely expect from Hasbro for their Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary plans this year, but after doing some more checking I discovered I got confused on some of the pricing on these. Sorry between the overall price increases coming to the line this year and being these involve things like higher priced sub-line figures, larger deluxe figures and so fourth its a little confusing. So keep in mind there is some level of speculation here but as best I can tell this is how its all going to break down.

The initial 4 figures we know 100% are coming from Hasbro this year are the Captain America, Classic Iron Man, Hulk and Toad. These are in the Toy Biz tribute packaging with diorama pieces and priced higher than your standard Marvel Legends figures. Hulk being a larger figure is priced even higher than Cap, Iron Man and Toad.

Now the remaining 8 figures I told you about yesterday which have NOT been officially confirmed by Hasbro still stands based on the info I have seen as follows:

- Captain America (Another One)
- War Machine
- Scorpion
- Firelord
- Sentinel
- Blue Beast
- Apocalypse
- Unknown Spider-Man Item

So after doing some additional checking, from what I can tell the Blue Beast is being priced at the same price as the initial Cap, Iron Man and Toad figures. So that higher sub-line price but as a regular sized figure as opposed to a larger one like Hulk. This makes me think Beast will come in that Toy Biz tribute packaging or maybe regular packaging but have a diorama piece like the initial four.

Captain America V2, War Machine and Scorpion appear to be priced at the current standard size regular Marvel Legends price of $23 each as opposed to the higher sub-line price. This makes me think these will all be regular sized figures in basic packaging as opposed to the Toy Biz tribute packaging. Possibly with an added 20th Anniversary logo added to the package. They also likely would not have the added diorama pieces like with the initial 4. That's all speculation on my part, but again based on the prices I have seen, that is my best guess.

Firelord and Sentinel are priced at the new 2022 standard figure size regular release price of $24.99 each. That leads me to believe they will be standard sized figures coming in fairly standard like packaging later in the year after the general price hikes goes into effect.

Apocalypse looks like will be priced as a larger figure but as a regular release. so again in regular like packaging as opposed to Toy Biz tribute packaging.

The final Spider-Man item which still remains the biggest mystery looks like will be priced around $35-$39 price range. So cheaper than the $50 price I quoted yesterday. This price might fit a 2-Pack with say a larger and smaller figure. Perhaps this will be the Peni Parker SP//DR 2 pack

I originally thought was going to be part of the Spider-Man 60th Anniversary line. That is purely a guess on my part but would fit the info I have available at this time.

So there you have it, sorry for the confusion and of course for good reason, until Hasbro officially confirms these we will treat these as RUMOR.

Last year Hasbro officially announced a new Marvel Legends sub-line that would be celebrating Marvel Legends turning 20 years old this year. Hasbro has already officially announced the first 4 figures in this sub-line as being Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk and Toad, the first 3 of which you can purchase at our sponsors Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.com.

Now while Hasbro has only confirmed the first four figures and we still await images for Toad, I can tell you there should be at least 8 more figures being released in this sub-line throughout 2022.

Credit to Youtuber rektangular to be the first to come across info on a number of these additional 8 figures, but now I have additional info I have seen for myself to share with you on them. Of course until Hasbro officially confirms these we will treat them as RUMOR.

So based on the info I have seen the names of the remaining 8 figures are as follows:

- Captain America (Another One)
- War Machine
- Scorpion
- Firelord
- Sentinel
- Blue Beast
- Apocalypse
- Unknown Spider-Man Item

Now besides the names, it appears War Machine, Scorpion and Captain America (V2) will have the same MSRP price point as the first Captain America and Classic Iron Man figures that are starting to see release now. The prices seemingly go up a little for Sentinel and Firelord which I think is reflecting the overall price increases going into effect on the line this year.

The MSRP for Beast and Apocalypse are in line with the Hulk figure and likely because of their increased size making them more deluxe like.

I have no idea how the second Captain America will differ from the first. It could be another version of Steve Rogers or perhaps it will be something like an updated Bucky Cap.

I have no idea how Beast, Scoripion and Apocalypse will differ from the previous versions we have recently gotten in the line.

Firelord which is something the Hasbro brand team hinted at last year during the Galactus Haslab campaign should be a completely new figure like Toad. When I say completely new I mean figures we have never gotten before from Hasbro.

Since War Machine is reflecting a price point of a normal size figure and not a deluxe one like the last War Machine we got in the line, I am speculating this might be mainly a repaint of the Modular Iron Man figure that was released in the last Iron Man wave.

Sentinel also shares the price point of a normal size figure, so that one is a complete mystery to me on what it could be based on. It's definitely NOT a re-issue of the Haslab Sentinel, and while I have seen speculation perhaps its a Marvel vs Capcom version, I would think that would put the figure more in that Deluxe price range like Hulk, Beast and Apocalypse. So we will have to wait and see what exactly that is going to be.

The final item which indications are that it is Spider-Man related and perhaps even more specifically tied to the "Into The Spider-Verse" movie is the biggest unknown for me. All I can really tell you is it seems to share a price point with the Mega Deluxe figures, which is around $50. Now as I have previously reported, I have seen indications we will be getting a Into The Spider-Verse Peni Parker and SP//DR 2 pack which could fit that price point. However based on the info I have seen previously that was something being released under the Spider-Man 60th Anniversary line, not the Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary one. The only other possible Into The Spider-Verse related character I could think of that would possibly fit the $50 price point is a Kingpin figure. I can't say for sure it will be related to Into The Spider-Verse, so a lot of unknowns on this figure and at this point I would treat with the most grain of salt.

Of course as I mentioned before, until Hasbro officially confirms any of these, we will treat them all as RUMOR for now. Images below are for reference only.

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary.jpg

Sweet! Thanks Jay!

Firelord....Mais Oui!! Yes please! Major major major check off my bucket list! Same with Blue Beast. If the Apocalypse is a re-re-release of the BAF as a deluxe, then I'm all over that....and Force-willing he'd come with a neutral expression or his more character appropriate grin! 🤞

Toad, yes, Scorpion (classic version?...pretty please!) Cap...whatever, I'm happy with what I have. War Machine...ditto, the recent deluxe version is just such a boss.

Agreed about the Sentinel though! That is very interesting indeed! Can't wait to see what that's all about!

Firelord is a VERY welcome addition to the line- it just seems odd that he would be in the 20th. anniversary line, since there has never been a Legends Firelord figure, by either company, and I thought the anniversary line was supposed to be all updates of previously-released figures...? He would seem to be a good choice for a Fan Channel retro card release, but hopefully being in the anniversary line means we will get a bunch of firey accessories and/or a cool display stand. Disappointed to not see a Danny Ketch Ghost Rider listed, as that is the ToyBiz figure I would MOST like to see updated by Hasbro. For Cap, Bucky Cap would be a GREAT choice. Bucky Cap and Golden Age Cap are the two previous Caps most in need of updates, IMO. Of course, if they update GA Cap, an updated GA Bucky would be necessary (and maybe a Hammond Human Torch... please, Hasbro...?).

I'm betting War Machine is just the deluxe minus a bunch of accessories and maybe with the silver bits painted white.  Though I'd be down for a "modern" comic War Machine.  Not so much a Marvel v. Capcom version unless it comes with a PROTON....CANNON!!!! 

A Jazzed up Blue Beast with multiple head and handsculpts, glasses, labcoat and maybe some science-y accessories could definitely be cool.

I'd love a new Bucky Cap.  Golden Age Steve would be acceptable though (the old one is pretty dang rough).  But I wouldn't be entirely surprised if it was Ultimate Cap.

Firelord is an awesome choice, though honestly I'm surprised to find him here rather than a fan-channel FF retro card exclusive.

Not sure what a new Scorpion is going to offer, though I suppose it's been a few years since the last release so a repaint/re-offering isn't entirely out of line.

Not super-interested in a "retro" Apocalypse but I guess I can wait and see what they come up with.  Honestly wouldn't be ENTIRELY surprised if they threw a curve and did HoX Apocalypse.

I'm kinda baffled on the Sentinel.  Unless it's a properly-colored re-release of Omega Sentinel or a carded release of one of the figures packed in with the HasLab Sentinel.

Interesting news... curious to see how it plays out. Firelord doesn't make sense for the 20th Anniversary line because he has never been produced.  Anything Spiderman related seem more appropriate for the Spiderman specific sub lines (as they have been mostly for the life of Legends). Apocalypse is always a good idea (and I imagine there are many who missed the BAF a few years back). BEAST - this is the one I am most excited about, and didn't think we would get! I know I am in the minority here, but I think the last release (while impressive with all of the articulation improvements) was missing a lot (Figures should never come with only a screaming head, the color was a bit much and had nearly no wash effects, and while I doubt they will fix this, the ankles and feet were just sort of off). The Dark Beast figure was a much better version (and the face on the head sculpt is much closer to what I would love to see in terms of scale and personality). Cap makes sense if it is Bucky Cap, but War Machine was just done (and very well) so another one while we still have Angel, Power-man, Iron Fist, Beta Ray Bill (classic), Ghost Rider, Blackheart, Ant-Man, Daredevil, and Namor to get the re-do treatment is just odd. 

I still think this line up of apparent 20th Anniversary figures are weird and don't make sense, most of those figures were not even in the original ToyBiz line. Seems super strange that this line isn't actually a tribute to the early toybiz years, I guess it's just an overall celebration of Marvel Legends being 20 years old, and only the first 4 figures or a few maybe are in the tribute to the Toybiz figures.

wildest part of all of this is not one female figure...😕

anyways a few of these sound like buys Firelord yes!, Deluxe Apocalypse yes!, smaller sentinel Yes!

On 2/12/2022 at 7:48 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Seems super strange that this line isn't actually a tribute to the early toybiz years, I guess it's just an overall celebration of Marvel Legends being 20 years old, and only the first 4 figures or a few maybe are in the tribute to the Toybiz figures.

Yes that is it . It just like the 80th Marvel anniversary, which celebrated Marvel as a whole not just the wwii days, the 20th xmen movie anniversary, celebrating xmen, the 10th and infinity saga.

This 20th line is celebrate Marvel legends as a whole.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:24 PM, tarot said:

Yes that is it . It just like the 80th Marvel anniversary, which celebrated Marvel as a whole not just the wwii days, the 20th xmen movie anniversary, celebrating xmen, the 10th and infinity saga.

This 20th line is celebrate Marvel legends as a whole.

Yeah it's making sense now, and it seems pretty par for the course, since the other yearly sub programs all were pretty loose.

I'm a bit bummed out because I was hoping it would be a full toybiz tribute line, actually just mostly sad we are not getting a Dan Ketch Ghost Rider and Blackheart.

but weird no females, that's gotta be a mistake.

I know a lot of people are confused by the figures coming out in this sub line that were not part of the original Toybiz Marvel Legends, but it was reported originally that not all the characters were going to be from the original line. Still, I get it, seems a little odd. But if it means we get Firelord, another originally Thor related antagonist, I'm happy. I am also intrigued by a new Scorpion, since I enjoy the character more than most heroes. Maybe a new head sculpt with his original mask - a long, rounded edges rectangle open to just his eyes. Or maybe it will go the way of the old Spider-man Classics, where they repainted the first figure in a much darker, more metallic paint. It wouldn't hurt if his tail could shoot venom blasts like the SC's did either. I'm also with those who keep mentioning Beta Ray Bill's original costume. If we don't get a comic version in the Love & Thunder movie wave, this would be the next logical place. An original red or blue costume Angel or Hawkeye with his sky cycle would be great too - remember the Legendary Riders Wave from TB?! Well, looking forward to being surprised by more reveals.

For the Lucasfilm Anniversary year, although all of the releases across the Black Series were Anniversary themed; they still came presented in appropriate sub-line branding/packaging (eg. There was a Phantom Menace sub-line on cardbacks representing those, a Clone Wars set on Clone Wars cardbacks etc) - 

It would be sensible if these were the same. 

So- Some Toybiz cardbacks, Scorpion, rightly, on the retro Spidey cardback, Apocalypse and blue Beast part of the animated sub-line... Etc... 

All of these then make much more sense: released to celebrate 20 years, but still on appropriately branded packaging, but with the excuse to up charge them. 

On 2/12/2022 at 10:48 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"I still think this line up of apparent 20th Anniversary figures are weird and don't make sense, most of those figures were not even in the original ToyBiz line. Seems super strange that this line isn't actually a tribute to the early toybiz years, I guess it's just an overall celebration of Marvel Legends being 20 years old, and only the first 4 figures or a few maybe are in the tribute to the Toybiz figures...."

I agree....the heading "20th Anniversary" is just a title. It really has very little to do with toybiz or anything else, considering how they have slapped together figures that not only weren't in the original run (Firelord), but of the figures that were there, they've come up with inaccurate and bizarre renditions (Iron Man with the 60s first appearance helmet, but 80s Tony Stark head and 20s repulsor blasts).

I have no idea what version of Cap they could do unless its his WW II first appearance; I would rather have seen that for a Golden Age themed wave or box set, but there you go. The Beast is just too big, but I highly doubt they're gonna do a more accurate version, so likely it'll be the look when he first appeared in Amazing Adventures, or the head used on the "retro" grey variant released in 2020, just painted blue this time. I hope he doesnt have that smile (he will though 'cause they're cheap lol). But instead of rehashing figures they've already done, this would have been a chance to get some figures like ( Firelord ) not seen yet. I'm not taking this list as anything but rumor at this point. 

On 2/12/2022 at 3:37 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

but weird no females, that's gotta be a mistake.

No mistake, comrade!

o7XWVuVg.thumb.jpg.a85e9b3af088bee008344801464583bb.jpg

On 2/12/2022 at 4:36 PM, Hogun said:

That Blue Beast better come with a ton of accessories if he is going to be sold at the same price point as Apocalypse.

A lab coat with the switch-out arms routine would be nice, but the way things have been going lately, they may just include a new head or two and put it out at that Hulk price point.  (And boy, do I hate saying that.)

You know what I'm pulling for on the Sentinel?  A 10"-12" first appearance number.  If done well, I would have to get at least three!

Sentinels_from_X-Men_Vol_1_14_002.thumb.webp.3c10e92037fadf897c9efbe91132e974.webp