Rumor Report: It's The 20th Anniversary Of Marvel Legends, What Can We Expect To See?

JayC

On 2/12/2022 at 2:31 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

I'd rather get the Beast in the VHS line.

No, no, no. Like a lot of people, I missed out on the first release of the new Beast, have no desire for the grey version, and love my Dark Beast. We need a definitive comic blue Beast with multiple heads and possibly a lab coat with swappable arms ala Mr. Fantastic. The VHS Beast will no doubt come if that line sells, but I much prefer a definitive wide-release comic Beast first.

This is such a random instance of characters for this 20th line. Like others have mentioned, I too thought this line was more toybiz focused than the line but totally understandable that its not since its not 20 years of toybiz afterall. I think just that first set confused alot of us since it was alllll toybiz focused with "bases" etc. This whole selection is weird tho. No females, a few characters that were either never made legends or ones that were made but price point suggesting they are larger or with more things or smaller like the sentinels case. Also I was assuming scorpion would be placed in a retro spidey line with the matte green and mouth/nose showing version (Which is the version ive been waiting for). War machine is a super weird choice like others said he was already done masterfully. Only thing I can think of is that rumor of an mvc war machine which could either be the modular iron man in black and blue or the deluxe. But thats still a weird thing to include in a 20th anniversary of ML. Then you get a SECOND captain america already after one has just barely out? Even if its a different version, super odd choice. Firelord is optimal since hes never been done but is peculiar to be included here as his first figure. Sentinel, as much as im excited, is also weird. Like I would love either an mvc sentinel or a stock army builder one but both again dont make sense in an anniversary line. Also for that price point, he would be too small to be an mvc one... but if it is, i would be far too excited. Blue beast I was assuming was going to be pushed to the VHS line same with apocalypse but a reissue/re-release/remix of both would be understandable as those are highly sought after. Despite my puzzled approach here, alot of these Id be very much interested in if true. 

On 2/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, EvilHayato said:

"...This is such a random instance of characters for this 20th line. Like others have mentioned, I too thought this line was more toybiz focused than the line but totally understandable that its not since its not 20 years of toybiz afterall. I think just that first set confused alot of us since it was alllll toybiz focused with "bases" etc. This whole selection is weird tho. No females, a few characters that were either never made legends...."

Right! Like I said, the "20th anniversary" tagline is basically meaningless to these people. If they're gonna do 8 random figures though, why not choose characters we haven't seen before, or at least variations we never got?

• Blue Marvel
  • classic and/or safari jacket Wonder Man
  • Equinox
  • classic Ms. Marvel
  • Red Wolf
  • Namorita
  • Count Nefaria
  • Dr. Spectrum

Now that being said, we need to bear in mind that the list is rumor- its not confirmed. Even if it is, there's nothing saying that we won't get some different figures down the line. But I sure hope these hasbro guys start using more of the Marvel mythos, because they've only skimmed the surface.

The only one I've been interested is Toad and they haven't even shown him yet. I'd be happy to pre-buy him, sight unseen. The Blue Beast rumor is interesting. The figure they did recently was pretty good but not great. Funnily the Dark Beast was great and it was pretty much the same figure. I wish they'd hurry up and show us Toad. Holding out doesn't increase my interest in the figure. I suspect they're just being sadistic.

On 2/12/2022 at 3:36 PM, ransomz said:

The only one I've been interested is Toad and they haven't even shown him yet. I'd be happy to pre-buy him, sight unseen.

I can't really understand a sentiment like that. The Toad toybiz broke easily, the head couldn't bend, and over all the thing had about 10 points of articulation total. Very poorly done. But buying it sight unseen, wow. I can only imagine the shoddy work these guys today would try to get away with, while still charging outrageous amounts. Given what they've already done with the other figures from that first wave, I don't have high hopes for this Toad. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

On 2/12/2022 at 7:23 PM, Atlantis said:

I can't really understand a sentiment like that. The Toad toybiz broke easily, the head couldn't bend, and over all the thing had about 10 points of articulation total. Very poorly done. But buying it sight unseen, wow. I can only imagine the shoddy work these guys today would try to get away with, while still charging outrageous amounts. Given what they've already done with the other figures from that first wave, I don't have high hopes for this Toad. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

Yeah... I'm 99% sure I'm going to want Toad, but I don't want to pre-order any Hasbro product without at least seeing a good-quality digital "sculpt." 

On 2/13/2022 at 12:30 AM, Atlantis said:

Right! Like I said, the "20th anniversary" tagline is basically meaningless to these people. If they're gonna do 8 random figures though, why not choose characters we haven't seen before, or at least variations we never got?

• Blue Marvel
  • classic and/or safari jacket Wonder Man
  • Equinox
  • classic Ms. Marvel
  • Red Wolf
  • Namorita
  • Count Nefaria
  • Dr. Spectrum

Now that being said, we need to bear in mind that the list is rumor- its not confirmed. Even if it is, there's nothing saying that we won't get some different figures down the line. But I sure hope these hasbro guys start using more of the Marvel mythos, because they've only skimmed the surface.

Yeah, it seems strange to be calling it an anniversary line and just throwing in random characters. Clearly seems more like a money grabbing stunt.

On 2/12/2022 at 4:57 PM, MonsterChris said:

No mistake, comrade!

o7XWVuVg.thumb.jpg.a85e9b3af088bee008344801464583bb.jpg

A lab coat with the switch-out arms routine would be nice, but the way things have been going lately, they may just include a new head or two and put it out at that Hulk price point.  (And boy, do I hate saying that.)

You know what I'm pulling for on the Sentinel?  A 10"-12" first appearance number.  If done well, I would have to get at least three!

Sentinels_from_X-Men_Vol_1_14_002.thumb.webp.3c10e92037fadf897c9efbe91132e974.webp

spacer.png

I can't be okay with not having one lady in this mix. I need my Marvel ladies.

spacer.png

On 2/13/2022 at 1:35 AM, Emnems80 said:

" I for one would also love a new classic Ms. Marvel since I never got a chance to get the original release..."

Classic Ms. Marvel never was released. There was a 4" version for the old marvel universe line, but not the 6". There was a prototype, but never one that made it to retail. 

UPDATE: Yesterday I told you about what we can likely expect from Hasbro for their Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary plans this year, but after doing some more checking I discovered I got confused on some of the pricing on these. Sorry between the overall price increases coming to the line this year and being these involve things like higher priced sub-line figures, larger deluxe figures and so fourth its a little confusing. So keep in mind there is some level of speculation here but as best I can tell this is how its all going to break down.

The initial 4 figures we know 100% are coming from Hasbro this year are the Captain America, Classic Iron Man, Hulk and Toad. These are in the Toy Biz tribute packaging with diorama pieces and priced higher than your standard Marvel Legends figures. Hulk being a larger figure is priced even higher than Cap, Iron Man and Toad.

Now the remaining 8 figures I told you about yesterday which have NOT been officially confirmed by Hasbro still stands based on the info I have seen as follows:

- Captain America (Another One)
- War Machine
- Scorpion
- Firelord
- Sentinel
- Blue Beast
- Apocalypse
- Unknown Spider-Man Item

So after doing some additional checking, from what I can tell the Blue Beast is being priced at the same price as the initial Cap, Iron Man and Toad figures. So that higher sub-line price but as a regular sized figure as opposed to a larger one like Hulk. This makes me think Beast will come in that Toy Biz tribute packaging or maybe regular packaging but have a diorama piece like the initial four.

Captain America V2, War Machine and Scorpion appear to be priced at the current standard size regular Marvel Legends price of $23 each as opposed to the higher sub-line price. This makes me think these will all be regular sized figures in basic packaging as opposed to the Toy Biz tribute packaging. Possibly with an added 20th Anniversary logo added to the package. They also likely would not have the added diorama pieces like with the initial 4. That's all speculation on my part, but again based on the prices I have seen, that is my best guess.

Firelord and Sentinel are priced at the new 2022 standard figure size regular release price of $24.99 each. That leads me to believe they will be standard sized figures coming in fairly standard like packaging later in the year after the general price hikes goes into effect.

Apocalypse looks like will be priced as a larger figure but as a regular release. so again in regular like packaging as opposed to Toy Biz tribute packaging.

The final Spider-Man item which still remains the biggest mystery looks like will be priced around $35-$39 price range. So cheaper than the $50 price I quoted yesterday. This price might fit a 2-Pack with say a larger and smaller figure. Perhaps this will be the Peni Parker SP//DR 2 pack

I originally thought was going to be part of the Spider-Man 60th Anniversary line. That is purely a guess on my part but would fit the info I have available at this time.

So there you have it, sorry for the confusion and of course for good reason, until Hasbro officially confirms these we will treat these as RUMOR.

On 2/13/2022 at 4:01 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I can't be okay with not having one lady in this mix. I need my Marvel ladies.

Well, only because I'm fully inoculated against cooties will I agree.  I think this would be a great place to release either She-Hulk in one of her classic uniforms (Avengers, Fantastic Four), Crystal, or Sersi.  Those three feel like the most outstanding to me at the moment.  

On 2/13/2022 at 10:27 AM, MonsterChris said:

Well, only because I'm fully inoculated against cooties will I agree.  I think this would be a great place to release either She-Hulk in one of her classic uniforms (Avengers, Fantastic Four), Crystal, or Sersi.  Those three feel like the most outstanding to me at the moment.  

Agreed it's the perfect place for some Classic Ladies I'm on board with  Crystal, yeah Sersi would be cool, I was dreaming up maybe we'd get a chance at Titania, re-do Ms. Marvel (Warbird), Monica Captain Marvel, Re-do Dark Phoenix, New Red She Hulk.

On 2/13/2022 at 3:46 AM, Emnems80 said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I said classic I was referring to the black suit Warbird costume.

Her original classic outfit (with the scarf) was around 1976, she got the black suit (scarf becomes sash) in 1978, but she didn't start calling herself "Warbird" until 1998. At any rate, that figure came out in a 3 pack with Cap and Radioactive Man back around 2014 (?) and yes, it would be great if they would re-release it. They did that for Rogue (they're on the same buck) so who knows. 

On 2/13/2022 at 7:55 PM, ransomz said:

As for classic ladies, I'm still waiting for Moondragon and Deathbird.

Oh for sure, Moondragon and Deathbird are a must, they are pretty high on my list of ladies, but I'm still pretty dissapointed the Multiverse of Madness didn't give us a Comic Clea, she's in that movie right? right? I kinda doubt we will see a second Dr. Strange 2 wave, but maybe..Yeah I'd probably just be fine if they even gave us an MCU version, I'd still buy it.

come on Hasbroz, we got a Bad Guys wave, can we get a all ladies wave? once upon a time we got a 6 pack... you can be cool again.

Really odd selection. And one I'm not very excited by, if I'm honest. Not actually that sad, though, personally. The last few anniversary waves have hit my account too hard, and with price rises now: I'll appreciate the break (plus the Spidey selection sounds like it'll take too much of my money as it is).

Hope Scorpion is on the retro card back, though. Would be such a shame for Spidey classic characters to be otherwise, now; especially re-releases/re-dos. 

On 2/13/2022 at 4:46 AM, Emnems80 said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. When I said classic I was referring to the black suit Warbird costume.

I never got that figure either so I'd want a new one. She'd be in my X-Villains shelf lol Would be awesome if she came with second head like this:

61e95604e4743961cd9bbb8c20c23b55.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
Last month we brought you a "Rumor Report" for figures coming in 2022 that are part of Hasbro's Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary celebration offerings.

The first four confirmed figures being offered which come in special Toy Biz tribute packaging and have Toy Biz like diorama stands includes Captain America, Classic Iron Man, Hulk and Toad. Three of those 4 figures which do have higher prices than normal Marvel Legends figures are available for pre-order now at places like our sponsors Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.com. We are still waiting on Hasbro to show off the Toad figure and make it available for pre-order.

As for the remaining 8 figures coming in 2022, It looks like those will just be normal offerings with normal 2022 Marvel Legends prices. One of the figures being offered is in fact the new Rhino figure which was officially revealed in the last Hasbro live-stream and available for pre-order now with a $40 price. The figure comes in standard Spider-Man Retro cardback packaging and nowhere does it mention anything about the Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary.

This leads me to believe we will see the other rumored figures follow suit. I don't know if all of them will come on Retro Cardbacks or if it will be a mixe of retro and normal packaging, but I am not expecting anything noting the 20th Anniversary on them. I believe these may all be Fan-Channel exclusives which basically means being released primarily at comic and specialty shops. Note when I originally reported on these figures last month I did not have Rhino listed. Rhino ended up being the one I was most unsure about knowing it was Spider-Man based but thinking it might be related to something from Into The Spider-Verse. So this based on what I have seen is how the 8 figures breakdown. Most having the new standard Marvel Legends MSRP of $24.99. Apocalypse is a deluxe type figure so will be a bit more. I am also not 100% sure on the Beast figure price and whether it will be a normal price or larger figure price. Again, other than Rhino, Apocalypse and maybe Beast, the others should be normal size and normal priced figures. So this is how things break down:

F3475: Yellow 5 - Rhino
F3444: Yellow 6 - Firelord
F3445: Yellow 7 - Sentinel
F3446: Yellow 8 - Apocalypse
F3447: Yellow 9 - Beast
F3448: Yellow 10 - War Machine
F3449: Yellow 11 - Scorpion
F3450: Yellow 12 - Captain America V2

Note these are all going to be individual released figures and not part of a wave. The figures will sporadically go up for pre-orders throughout 2022. The images below are for reference only and the actual figures may differ. At this time I only have names

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-Update.jpg