Rumor Report: It's The 20th Anniversary Of Marvel Legends, What Can We Expect To See?

JayC

On 3/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, Ironspider428 said:

I will be so happy if Scorpion turns out to be the 2019 figure repainted like the old TB figure on the retro cardback. Otherwise, not much else here interests me. I might consider a sentinel if it’s basically a mini version of the Haslab or something.

I actually hope Scorpion is on a different bigger build but have that same color scheme that im used to. (never liked the armored look and painted face). But will take what I can get. Main reason I avoided the first release. I hope the sentinel is a drone sentinel OR the exact look of the xmen children of the atom/MvC2 capcom game series version. 

I'm really looking forward to the Firelord and Toad reveals. I expect those are locks that I'll want to add to my collection, they'd have to be really bad for me to not want them.

From the 20th Toy Biz tribute, I definitely plan on getting the Hulk because I never got the 80th - and possibly Cap (keep going back and forth). Will skip Iron Man.

I'm personally expecting Apocalypse to be a deluxe re-release or perhaps slight retool/repaint of the BAF, which I would definitely get because I missed out on it before. I'm still using the Toy Biz one in my display although I did get the AOA deluxe version. I'll definitely be getting Rhino on the retro card. Missed his BAF also.

I'm wondering if the 6" Sentinel figure might be a HasLab army builder? I'd likely buy a couple of those. Although I still haven't gotten around to opening my 3 HasLab Sentinels and accompanying figures.

I'm kind of expecting the Beast and Scorpion figures to be reissues/retools/repaints on the retro card. I'll likely skip those and the other Cap and War Machine figures would likely have to be something special for me to have any interest in them.

So in summary, I'm most excited for the reveals of Apocalypse, Firelord, "mini" Sentinel and Toad.

On 3/9/2022 at 10:04 AM, EvilHayato said:

I actually hope Scorpion is on a different bigger build but have that same color scheme that im used to. (never liked the armored look and painted face). But will take what I can get. Main reason I avoided the first release. I hope the sentinel is a drone sentinel OR the exact look of the xmen children of the atom/MvC2 capcom game series version. 

A bigger buck would be nice for Scorpion, but no way they're going to design a completely new one for him after just 3 years, especially since that one was specifically designed for him. Then again, I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

It's not a bad selection of upcoming figures/characters, but it's disappointing that they're not doing anything more that is directly tied to the 20th. anniversary of Marvel Legends. I hope Toad is amazing, because the 3 figures we've seen so far that actually celebrate the anniversary range from just-OK (Captain America) to awful (Hulk). I was really hoping for them to revisit some more ToyBiz and early Hasbro figures in dire need of upgrades. Oh well. At least these upcoming not-anniversary figures sound like good choices on Hasbro's part.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:11 PM, Ironspider428 said:

A bigger buck would be nice for Scorpion, but no way they're going to design a completely new one for him after just 3 years, especially since that one was specifically designed for him. Then again, I could be wrong. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yeah I know its wishful thinking and we know how Hasbro operates. I skipped the first one merely due to the fact that I knew they would redo him without the face mask paint and metallic detail so Im good if they just redo him altogether. Altho with that price hike and lack of a baf part, Id hope they add something with him at least. Hasbro is lazy with alot of releases so I really dont think theyd redo him since hes not as high a demand or popular of a character. 

On 3/9/2022 at 8:04 AM, EvilHayato said:

"I actually hope Scorpion is on a different bigger build but have that same color scheme that im used to. (never liked the armored look and painted face). But will take what I can get. Main reason I avoided the first release...."

See, I'm just the opposite....I wanted the Scorpion in his original outfit and there, the lower part of the face was covered up like a balaclava (although I think Ditko was just trying to be different with the mask). So I was very happy with the end result. Maybe what they should've done was include an alt head. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

Firelord, Toad and Blue Beast!

With the Price point getting higher, I'm gonna be cherry picking figs more. Hasbro needs to give us more sculpted details and more paint. And honestly If they stopped doing BAF's and started giving us better figures, with multiple heads, hands and effects I would be happy about it.

On 3/10/2022 at 3:51 AM, Atlantis said:

See, I'm just the opposite....I wanted the Scorpion in his original outfit and there, the lower part of the face was covered up like a balaclava (although I think Ditko was just trying to be different with the mask). So I was very happy with the end result. Maybe what they should've done was include an alt head. 

I only read some spidey comics with him in it that I can vaguely recall. I think most of my memory of him is based on the animated show so im more familiar with that version. I think for forever I always assumed that was the version in the comics and maybe there were some parts where it was but i am ignorant to it. 

On 3/10/2022 at 7:24 AM, EvilHayato said:

I only read some spidey comics with him in it that I can vaguely recall. I think most of my memory of him is based on the animated show so im more familiar with that version. I think for forever I always assumed that was the version in the comics and maybe there were some parts where it was but i am ignorant to it. 

That happens. I mean for most fans these days, they see him with Mary Jane as a fixture in his life, but I associate him with Gwen....Mary Jane was a rebound. The animated show didn't catch my attention, but I know there are loads of fans out there who want that version of Doc Ock, Vulture, etc. I think its safe to say Hasbro will be doing those soon.

But I want comic book Tarantula before 2023.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, Atlantis said:

That happens. I mean for most fans these days, they see him with Mary Jane as a fixture in his life, but I associate him with Gwen....Mary Jane was a rebound. The animated show didn't catch my attention, but I know there are loads of fans out there who want that version of Doc Ock, Vulture, etc. I think its safe to say Hasbro will be doing those soon.

But I want comic book Tarantula before 2023.

Ive always been a mish mash of comics and cartoons i grew up with. Its funny, I dont actually want that doc ock but i know there are tons that want him especially since the last one released was a few years ago now. I also dont want that vulture, vulture was always an old man in a weird looking feather costume to me.. not an armored young person. 

On 3/11/2022 at 3:48 AM, EvilHayato said:

Ive always been a mish mash of comics and cartoons i grew up with. Its funny, I dont actually want that doc ock but i know there are tons that want him especially since the last one released was a few years ago now. I also dont want that vulture, vulture was always an old man in a weird looking feather costume to me.. not an armored young person. 

Well the vulture was de-aged and had the same look in the comics

• 2 months later...

Back in February we first reported to you details for Hasbro's 20th Anniversary Marvel Legends subline coming this year which would include the initial 4 Toy Biz tribute package figures of Captain America, Iron Man, Hulk and Toad along with 8 additional figures that would have regular or more normal retro cardback type packaging.

While so far my track record with that report has been pretty good, I did admittedly get one of those wrong. Initially I did not have Rhino listed which ended up being one of the 8 figures. Firelord, Sentinel and War Machine however have now all been confirmed and we have seen hints of a lab coat which I believe will go with the Beast figure. We still await confirmation of the Scorpion figure which should be on a Spider-Man Retro Cardback and Apocalypse. Both Beast and Apocalypse I believe will be on X-Men Retro Cardbacks.

The final figure I originally told you would be part of the 8 was a second Captain America figure, and the reason I bring you this report is because I am now seeing indications that was incorrect. The figure I thought was going to be a second Captain America is now actually looking to be a new Ghost Rider figure. I can't tell you specifically what version of Ghost Rider but it does appear to have a normal figure price which means no motorcycle or car. I also believe this figure will come on a Toy Biz Ghost Rider Retro Cardback since all the other figures in this subline seem to be on retro cardback. So this is how the assortment appears to break down.

F3475: Yellow 5 - Rhino
F3444: Yellow 6 - Firelord
F3445: Yellow 7 - Sentinel
F3446: Yellow 8 - Apocalypse
F3447: Yellow 9 - Beast
F3448: Yellow 10 - War Machine
F3449: Yellow 11 - Scorpion
F3450: Yellow 12 - Ghost Rider

War Machine was the first figure from Hasbro to be featured on an Iron Man Retro Cardback but I don't think it will be the last. The same goes for Ghost Rider. Of course until Hasbro confirms all of this we will treat this as RUMOR.

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-20th-Anniversary-14.jpg

On 5/28/2022 at 9:53 AM, NotNamed said:

Have they explicitly said that Sentinel is one of the 12? It seems weird that he'd be included since he's one of the 3.75 5POA figures and none of the rest are.

"They" havent said anything about the 12 period and I doubt they will, but yes I am pretty sure the Sentinel is the one from the listings.

I'll always be about some more GR love but the fact that he'll be on retro card and also comes with no vehicle indicates it'll be another Johnny Blaze version as they've already done his bike. This is disappointing as we have seen neither hide nor hair of either Ketch or Reyes versions. We sure as hell got a bow legged lame version of the even lamer Castle GR, but I'm not sure anyone really asked for that one and the execution, with those weird hip joints, was actually more retro in design than anything that's appeared in any retro line so far. Pure storage bin ammo. I promised myself to never preorder another Riders set (or any set) unseen again. Makes you appreciate those early reviews more and more these days.