Rumor Report: It's The 20th Anniversary Of Marvel Legends, What Can We Expect To See?

JayC

On 5/28/2022 at 6:58 PM, leokearon said:

If it is another Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider, then it can be an update of the Exploding Ghost Rider 

df69ph3-9b6bea74-1b5c-495e-a103-68ad91c7

Well, dwight did say he always wanted to make a retro version of the Ghost Rider line at some point. Given that this MAY (note how I say may) be the last year of them this could be his only choice.

A new Ghost Rider rumour is good news to me, I really hope it's a Dan Ketch figure, I have been hoping for that for years, although I'd really take anything as long as it's Ghost Rider and classic, I think it seems sad that this may not come with a Bike, but I'll take it, if so pretty please Hasbro do give us a full wave of Retro carded Ghost Rider figures, this would be a dream come true.

On 5/28/2022 at 11:46 PM, tarot said:

Well, dwight did say he always wanted to make a retro version of the Ghost Rider line at some point. Given that this MAY (note how I say may) be the last year of them this could be his only choice.

With the move to plastic free packaging, you could be right. 

As much as I want Dan, he needs his bike. Still I would go for new version of Cyborg Blaze, Exploding Ghost Rider, Zarathos and Outcast

So if Hasbro is just going to repaint Beast, let's hope at least, if they aren't going to scale him down that it's on the more Perez looking headsculpt that came on the gray version. Be a nice way to pay a small tribute to George. 

While I'd rather see a Ketch version of Ghost Rider ( I was lucky to get both versions of Blaze ) I really need. REYES version for my Avengers collection.  It kinda makes more sense that it be Reyes as in the Avengers comics he isn't ALWAYS in his car. Ketch wouldn't look right on Blaze's bike 

I was on the fence with the WarMachine repaint. Less accessories,  no Rhodey head.. but dang if those colors don't look sharp. 

Firelord is one I've decided to buy. To me, another classic character we may not get another shot at. 

Thankfully the rest are mostly passes. This new price point is killing me. I'm actually dreading the next MCU anniversary sets ( whenever they inevitably get announced) those suckers are going to be ridiculously expensive 

On 5/29/2022 at 7:50 PM, SpiderS said:

I would absolutely love retro style packaging for Ghost Rider but the thing is it would limit the possibility of Motorcycle unless they replicate figure and cycle box fro legends scale.

They could easily do it, given they have the Ultimate Riders. Also imagine how cool it would be to see something like this on the shelves.

df6d7d1-05181293-5200-4f6e-a52c-e0c7dfe9

The idea of a new Ghost Rider certainly gets the interest up, but I'm less enthused about this news. Because even if it happens, the idea winds up being a huge disappointment compared to the reality.

Hasbro isn't even hiding this anymore- they are deliberately cranking out substandard (or questionable) versions of figures instead of the correct, definitive one,  so they make a  "better" (and even more expensive) version of the figure sometime later. I can only imagine how much they're gonna want to charge for a new Ghost Rider and motorcyle set....they will laugh at the $50.00 mark. Wouldn't surprise me if they're gonna want double this time around.

On 5/30/2022 at 10:50 AM, leokearon said:

They could easily do it, given they have the Ultimate Riders. Also imagine how cool it would be to see something like this on the shelves.

df6d7d1-05181293-5200-4f6e-a52c-e0c7dfe9

For sure, it would be really cool but I also want blister cards that fit with existing retro lines too so I hope they make BlackHeart, Vengeance, Blaze human form and of course Mephisto.

On 5/31/2022 at 5:57 PM, SpiderS said:

For sure, it would be really cool but I also want blister cards that fit with existing retro lines too so I hope they make BlackHeart, Vengeance, Blaze human form and of course Mephisto.

We should get both, some figures and the bike set, just like the actual line

On 5/31/2022 at 8:57 AM, SpiderS said:

".... I hope they make .....of course Mephisto...."

Mephisto is way overdue. I remember when people on the forum would ask for him and then get smacked with "they'll never make him, he's the devil, Disney/China/Hasbro/church lady won't allow it!!" but at the same time Hasbro was cranking out the likes of Hob Goblin, Red Goblin, Black Heart, Ghost Rider, etc. Then Surtur came out which thankfully silenced that unfounded viewpoint. Only thing now is, they might put him on the Pizza Spidey mold! lol

On 6/1/2022 at 9:25 AM, Atlantis said:

Mephisto is way overdue. I remember when people on the forum would ask for him and then get smacked with "they'll never make him, he's the devil, Disney/China/Hasbro/church lady won't allow it!!" but at the same time Hasbro was cranking out the likes of Hob Goblin, Red Goblin, Black Heart, Ghost Rider, etc. Then Surtur came out which thankfully silenced that unfounded viewpoint. Only thing now is, they might put him on the Pizza Spidey mold! lol

When did Hasbro did Blackheart?

On 6/1/2022 at 7:55 PM, leokearon said:

When did Hasbro did Blackheart?

I think movie line for that Nick Cage movie. 

Either way Mephisto is just red he has no horns and tail, Red guy from Cow and Chicken and Hellboy look more like the devil than Mephisto. I really hope they go with a reworked Knull body and not a standard ML body.

• 2 months later...

I first started telling you back in February about Hasbro's plans for celebrating the Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary this year. How we would be getting the initial four figures of Captain America, Classic Iron Man, Hulk and Toad which would come in the special Toy Biz tribute packaging and then there would be 8 more figures released to help celebrate this momentous occasion.

In my original reporting back in February I told you the 8 remaining figures would include the following:

- Captain America (Another One)
- War Machine
- Scorpion
- Firelord
- 6" Sentinel
- Blue Beast
- Apocalypse
- Unknown Spider-Man Item

The Unknown Spider-Man Item at the time ended up being the Spider-Man Retro Cardback Rhino figure. Then in May I brought you an update to this story suggesting I was incorrect about there being a second Captain America figure in this assortment. That instead it was looking like we would be getting some kind of Ghost Rider figure instead.

Well it looks like my update in May about Ghost Rider was INCORRECT. It looks like my initial information of there being a second version of Captain America being released is what we are going to end up getting. I am not able to tell you which version of Cap it will be, but I will tell you that it WILL NOT be a new Bucky Cap and that it's a version of Captain America that we have never gotten in the 6" Marvel Legends line before. I will also tell you all should be revealed by the end of the month. I try my best to be as accurate as possible with these Rumor Reports, but the reason why we do emphasize "Rumor" until officially confirmed by Hasbro is because things can change or I can be wrong.

As for Ghost Rider, while I feel confident in telling you that he is not going to be part of these 8 figures, I can't say definitively we won't get any Ghost Rider figures on Retro Cardbacks at some point. So for now all I can say for sure on Ghost Rider is, UNKNOWN!

The 7 other figures along with the initial 4 Toy Biz Tribute figures are currently in stock or available for pre-order at our sponsors Entertainment Earth and BigBadToyStore.com.

F3475: Yellow 5 - Rhino
F3444: Yellow 6 - Firelord
F3445: Yellow 7 - Sentinel
F3446: Yellow 8 - Apocalypse
F3447: Yellow 9 - Beast
F3448: Yellow 10 - War Machine
F3449: Yellow 11 - Scorpion
F3450: Yellow 12 - Captain America V2???

00.jpg

01.jpg

Toad-02.jpg

Iron-Man-02.jpg

Hulk-02.jpg

Sentinel-02.jpg

War-Machine-02.jpg

Captain-America-02.jpg

Beast-02.jpg

Firelord-02.jpg

Apocalypse-02.jpg

Rhino-02.jpg