Rumor Report: It's The 20th Anniversary Of Marvel Legends, What Can We Expect To See?

JayC

On 8/13/2022 at 2:40 PM, tarot said:

I thinking isiah Bradley / the truth cap. I mean there is a big backing for him to be made into a figure. 

I'd take that, I'd rather that, most importantly it would be a new character, I don't need more Steve at this point. I hope that you are right.

Ha! Well the cheapest thing for them to do is the heroes reborn Cap, which is just making the mask/mask symbol different. Or the "celestial" Cap. And then expect you to pay $35.00+ for it. 

The only other Cap versions I can think of that haven't been done before would be Bradley Cap, Exo armor Cap (much more retooling there to do it correctly, but they could cut corners there like they did for that Iron Man), the 70s Nomad, or do something really out there like the 70s tv movies Cap. 

I remember way back when Legends first launched under Toybiz and they said the line would be focused on Iconic Characters in their Iconic Looks. I wish they would bring back a little more of that focus. I think with all their competing priorities (Comic, MCU, Disney+, Deluxe, Exclusives, Hadlab) they have actually done a pretty spectacular job, but I would appreciate a little more attention to the classics  (Paul Harding’s 1970’s designs would be a dream).

My heart says it's Nomad but my head says we're looking at Super Patriot (Walker) as Captain America. Maybe some swap heads and a torch sword.

There's just not been all that many significant changes to the Cap outfit that I think qualify a an actual different t version. Some collars or boot straps, maybe some different belt pouches, but nothing I can see that would be of any reasonable notoriety. Of course, if they wanna take another crack at a more modern Cap I wouldn't baulk cuz I'm still of the opinion that the last one was too small, and compared to any Cap on the Reaper or Reaper derived mold it is clearly too small. Of course that might be my toy OCD kicking in, but they could and should do better.

By the by, I'm still pretty pissed they but the 6'5" Molten Man on that damn Sunfire buck.

On 8/13/2022 at 4:56 PM, Biggbubb said:

An Armored Cap would be awesome!

Even better would be a MC2 American Dream!CDDCD876-986A-4061-842C-4AD37F1DD024.thumb.jpeg.e724d97d8422ddf79e4a3740b235be31.jpeg

Yes This would be the one for me, but I kinda think they wouldn't dub it a Captain America if it was an American Dream, But I can hope

Also what About Captain America 2099 , I'd run to get that one. or Danielle Cage Cap.

On 8/14/2022 at 2:01 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yes This would be the one for me, but I kinda think they wouldn't dub it a Captain America if it was an American Dream, But I can hope

IF they were actually to make a female buck like this I could support it, but they have yet to do so. I just can't and won't spend any more $ on weak and incaccurate figures anymore. Its a shame because they have been doing a really great job on the faces (  yes, I know the Sue Richards was awful, but otherwise many of their female head sculpts have been fantastic...no pun intended). 

On 8/16/2022 at 2:55 AM, Atlantis said:

IF they were actually to make a female buck like this I could support it, but they have yet to do so. I just can't and won't spend any more $ on weak and incaccurate figures anymore. Its a shame because they have been doing a really great job on the faces (  yes, I know the Sue Richards was awful, but otherwise many of their female head sculpts have been fantastic...no pun intended). 

Yeah I feel you on that, I have been standing strong with everyone saying we need a diverse stable of female bucks, so many inaccurate female figures on the wrong buck, but I have some faith in the future since they stated that the Shriek buck was going to be one they planned on making basically the Bucky Cap of the ladies figures, if they did an American Dream on the shriek buck I'd be pleased, but I'm also a sucker for a female figure and I buy em all really, since it's my biggest collection next to symbiotes, the ladies of Marvel, but I do agree they need more variety and let's hope they see that through.

On 8/15/2022 at 11:03 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"Yeah I feel you on that, I have been standing strong with everyone saying we need a diverse stable of female bucks, so many inaccurate female figures on the wrong buck, but I have some faith in the future since they stated that the Shriek buck was going to be one they planned on making basically the Bucky Cap of the ladies figures...."

May have been their stated plan but sure hasn't been executed. Or, they're sure taking their time on it. Binary, Madame Hydra, Invisible Woman, for examples- all of them wasted opportunity. I'm especially ticked at MH because she's been wanted for a long time and desperately needed a re-do. I've said this before, but they need to revisit virtually all of the female figures; there needs to be as much articulation and body diversity as the male figures, and they need to scale properly. At any rate I too hope they get it together; an accurate buck would go a long way on your American Dream,

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Isaiah Bradley is a must for our ML collections, and they will do one sooner or later. The thing is they better do the damn thing right and do their research. I swear if they put the damn thing on that ridiculous Sunfire buck I will loose my isht. The Reaper buck at the least or maybe even the Herc buck. He is a bit larger than Cap but the Reaper buck will work.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:09 PM, monron999 said:

Yes, Isaiah Bradley is a must for our ML collections, and they will do one sooner or later. The thing is they better do the damn thing right and do their research. I swear if they put the damn thing on that ridiculous Sunfire buck I will loose my isht. The Reaper buck at the least or maybe even the Herc buck. He is a bit larger than Cap but the Reaper buck will work.

They wouldn't use the Sunfire buck. I think it's more likely they'll put Isaiah on the older Wolf Cap buck than anything else.

On 2/12/2022 at 11:24 AM, tarot said:

Yes that is it . It just like the 80th Marvel anniversary, which celebrated Marvel as a whole not just the wwii days, the 20th xmen movie anniversary, celebrating xmen, the 10th and infinity saga.

This 20th line is celebrate Marvel legends as a whole.

I was really hoping that with the 80th anniversary, they would have made the original characters that kicked it all off from Timely. Without them there'd be no Marvel.  The Sub-Mariner, original Human Torch, and Captain America. Just baffling that the golden age figures aren't done. Then there's Bucky, whose first figure was, frankly, awful, and really needs an update. And they could showcase more golden age characters like the original Vision, along with the Destroyer, Blazing Skull, Miss America, the Whizzer, and Red Raven, by doing a limited box set run on Hasbro Pulse or something like that. Baron Blood, Warrior Woman, U-Man, Tiger Man, Spit Fire....the 80th anniversary is the perfect theme to do these figures.

On 8/30/2022 at 3:39 AM, Hogun said:

I heard that Marvel is having legal issues with Robert Morales' estate, the man who created Isaiah Bradley. So, if Marvel can/has resolved their dispute with the family, then I would love to see an Isaiah Bradley Marvel Legend.

Don't believe that. People used to say the same thing about nightcrawler and others. Marvel has the full rights to the characters.