Hasbro Fan-Monday Live-Stream For February Coverage

JayC

My thoughts:

Rhino: Yes. All the yes. Very good, Hasbro, and fan channel? Excellent. Thank you for that.

Stealth FF: Looks fine, but we better get the regular version too. Hopefully it’s a PS5 Miles situation.

D+ Wave 3: INFINITY ULTRON!!!! Hell yeah!!! Totally called that as the next BAF. Hopefully that means we get the rest of the GotMV in this wave, we still need Gamora, Thor and Widow.

Storm: She’s fine. No interest, but the cell shading looks decent on this one at least.

Avengers wave: Looks good, but I’m skipping this entire wave. Very glad for anyone who wanted these figures, they all seem to be pretty high quality.

Beaker(?): Maybe this is for the Ned set too lol. Science lab backdrop or something. Otherwise I have no idea what this is for. 

Overall not a bad reveal day at all. I was really hoping for that Ned set but we’ll get that eventually.

Not bad, just wish the pre-orders were opening today.  

• Rhino was the highlight.  I still think the base is too big, but the figure looks so excellent, I'll just overlook that.  Might need to sell off the old BAF before its completely undesirable.  
  • Stealth FF Spidey is fine, put him in a wave with a strong BAF and I'll get him.  
  • No interest in the D+ stuff outside of the eventual Moon Knight figure.  Another BAF from What If is welcomed in the money saving department.  
  • Animated Storm, just like the previous releases, is one where the deco and style are appreciated, but I'm glad for another chance to easily pass on this one.  
  • Avengers wave is another mixed bag, it's not that the waves haven't been good this year, but there's been a lot of figures that are not high priorities with the price increase.  That said, Speedball and Quake are definitely on my list of to gets.  Madame Hydra, Thor, and Blue Marvel, maybe.  
  • Beaker could be for anyone, so I'm not sure yet, but I'm glad to have an accessory like that out there.  

This is probably the most underwhelming Iron Man armor yet. Speedball is an absolute need. Viper is meh. USAgent looks good, and he'll probably be bought upon first sighting, I just wish his costume was gray instead of black, or that he had a different costume altogether (Force Works, Maximum Security) since I already have the Epic Heroes version (one open, one mint in box). I like Thor, but not a fan of the Tiara head. I'll probably swap it out with a classic winged helmet head, so it more closely resembles the current comics. Quake/Maria Hill always looked like the same person anyway, (both very generic looking) so having both heads is appropriate, but I suppose she makes a good female SHIELD builder. Blue Marvel looks okay, I'm just not a big fan of retcon characters (Blue Marvel, Sentry, etc). And  lastly, Controller. Fairly obscure character, and a disappointing repaint of Thanos. However, I'm glad that I'm not super excited about the BAF. That means I can be more selective with my wallet.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:39 AM, RyanDaly said:

I'm happy that I totally called Quake would have swappable Maria Hill head so you can troop-build female S.H.l.E.L.D. agents. 

Yeah, kinda. I guess. As long as you're cool with all female agents sharing a face. Then again, it seems like they already think all female characters have the same body type, so that's no stretch. Seriously, how hard would it have been to scale down a male agent helmeted head sculpt to include?

On 2/14/2022 at 12:43 PM, tru48082 said:

Can somebody get in contact with either Dwight, Ryan or Dan and have them address this Walgreens debacle on Monday?

Actually they have mentioned it in a previous stream, inasmuch as they're aware of the problem and "hope" it will be resolved.

But while they may be Legends' "front men"/faces for now, they don't have much power to do anything about it.

Frankly I'd prefer reviewers not even bother reviewing these wg exclusives since the majority of us can't get them. I've never seen any of these in the wild (not since Emma) and am done searching. Not wasting my time or money on something they won't make available.

I hear you, and its frustrating, and its really baffling why its gone on for as long as it has. HOWEVER ... So far Nova and Quasar have shown up on the wg site, and are there now. So maybe things are turning around. 

On 2/21/2022 at 12:48 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Some decent reveals. I really wish that USAgent had a head without an "I just smelled a fart" facial expression. 

Agreed! Lol, it's almost as bad as cranky old man Guardian.

On 2/21/2022 at 1:17 PM, Hogun said:

Who is the controller and why does he get a figure before me and my friends?

Old-school enemy of Captain Mar-vell and servant of Thanos. 

Any how, yeah, that was ok'ish. Rhino was really the only highlight for me. They really blew it with Madame Hydra though; why in the name of Galactus would they use the Cate Bishop body, which most fans now seem to dislike, instead of the brand new Shriek body??? And those stupid flaccid handguns they keep regurgitating; they could have at least included the versions they used for Paladin, which had a thicker barrel. Grumble, grumble $***%$#! Major points lost with me on that one.

Controller is dope! Happy about it, but bittersweet because only two figures at best are appealing to me. If anyone doesn't want the BAF, hit me up, because I'd happily buy it from you!

And when did Thor become a Vanyar Elf? It looks.........kinda dope!! I just may get that figure! 

On 2/21/2022 at 9:17 AM, Hogun said:

The Controller started out as an Iron Man villain and soon became a main foe of Captain Marvel. He created these "slave discs" he attaches to the base of the skull so he can control others; there's a kind of wi-fi , that lets him drain cerebral energy from them to power his exoskeleton. Back in the day he was more a Captain Marvel foe, and I would've expected him to be in a Mar-Vell wave. But hasbro had other plans it seems. And yeah, I do think Warriors Three should've been here before now!

On 2/21/2022 at 5:54 PM, monron999 said:

it seems like they already think all female characters have the same body type, so that's no stretch. 

How is it any different for the Skrull, Ninja, Shield agent etc? They all share the same body type. I'm pretty sure Hasbro made it so you can fit other heads on there. Also I'm pretty sure this is just the first one and they will release it as one of their Army Builders for Pulse. 

Speaking of which, is there any news about the next Army Builder?

On 2/21/2022 at 12:17 PM, Hogun said:

He is a very old Iron Man villain, debuting before the first volume of his title was even two years old. He is later closely associated with Thanos and his first attempt to take over the universe. He is currently in Iron Man and a lacky for Korvac as he trys to become a god again. He 'controls' people, takes over their will, and grows stronger and larger as a result. He is around 6 foot per Marvel, but given his growth factor, the Thanos buck is really not too much of a stretch. He has been on my long list of classic villains for many years, and when they released Thanos, I hoped we would be seeing him soon. I wonder if the Iron Man Retro Wave rumor, reported elsewhere, was in fact this wave, since it has both an Iron Man and the BAF is one of his villains. I personally wouldn't mind a whole additional IM wave to come yet this year though.

As far as the rest of the reveals, I am most satisfied with JayC's long alluded to comic Avengers Wave. Blue Marvel, Speedball and Quake are all welcome first-timers. I will get Viper/Madame Hydra, Iron Man and Thor since I definitely want to build The Controller.  I had to look up that IM Mark 70 armor and it is apparently a recent one, being used during the Knull invasion of earth. Thor is my guy, but I am a little reticent about the mold. I sit here with my 80th Anniversary classic Thor, and find this 'Legolas' Thor rather small in muscle mass. Perhaps it is just the angles used in the pics, but he seems kinda wimpy looking. We will see. I have the old Rhino BAF, but may get this one with those head sculpts and the big arm pin holes filled in- those were very off-putting. What If? Ultron/Vistron is a nice addition to the D+ line, and it looks like I will be getting whichever D+ figures build him. Storm and FF Spider-man I will pass on and while I would like to see Toad, he will most likely be shown during the Fan First in March.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:02 PM, Jormungand said:

If that's the version Fortnite is using, sure. But he first debuted in Donny Cates Thor #1 of the current Thor run.

The thing is in the Fortnite tie-in comic, it is around then that the Marvel Heroes were summon to the Fortnite universe. All the adventures happen in between all the panels in the comics.