Hasbro Fan-Monday Live-Stream For February Coverage

JayC

On 2/21/2022 at 7:28 PM, leokearon said:

So people are theorising that the beaker is something to do with No Way Home Doc Ock. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know 

Oh definately not. He never used a beaker in any of the movies. It just people thinking too much into them saying they will be making more figures for that movie.

Blue Marvel, Controller, Quake and Speedball are all must haves for me. I'll pick up Rhino, Thor, USAgent and Viper too (BAF parts for those last 3). I'll definitely pass on that Iron Man, FF Spidey and Storm though. I can't imagine that I'll want enough of the Disney+ wave to bother with Infinity Ultron either.

So Rhino is a fan channel exclusive? I haven't watched the video yet because I'm at work, did they say where he would be sold? Is that like Gamestop or where?

On 2/21/2022 at 7:37 PM, Reno said:

Blue Marvel, Controller, Quake and Speedball are all must haves for me. I'll pick up Rhino, Thor, USAgent and Viper too (BAF parts for those last 3). I'll definitely pass on that Iron Man, FF Spidey and Storm though. 

So Rhino is a fan channel exclusive? I haven't watched the video yet because I'm at work, did they say where he would be sold? Is that like Gamestop or where?

Fan Channel mean any etailer or speciality stores that have Marvel Legends. Basically not walmart and Target.

On 2/21/2022 at 2:37 PM, Reno said:

Blue Marvel, Controller, Quake and Speedball are all must haves for me. I'll pick up Rhino, Thor, USAgent and Viper too (BAF parts for those last 3). I'll definitely pass on that Iron Man, FF Spidey and Storm though. I can't imagine that I'll want enough of the Disney+ wave to bother with Infinity Ultron either.

Basically what Tarot said:  You'll be able to get them at online toy stores (BBTS, Hasbro Pulse, and Entertainment Earth, among others), and Gamestop.  They'll probably eventually show up on Amazon as well but it's usually "third party" and at a markup there.  They're not usually sold directly through Amazon, and as noted, won't show up at Wal-Mart and Target.

Ok..Other than Ultron, Iron man and Thor...I have to have everything shown!! I can't afford this hobby much longer!!  

Controller looks like he stepped out of the Marvel Handbook from the 80's!!!  Some serious " Articulated Art" 

Viper/ Madam Hydra is such a vast improvement over the original. 

Storm is AWESOME!! My 90's nostalgia is going crazy! Bring on Morph and Jean!! ( not in her Phoenix costume please!)

Rhino!! Please and thank you!

All around a great showing in my humble opinion!

On 2/21/2022 at 12:17 PM, Hogun said:

Who is the controller and why does he get a figure before me and my friends?

The other guys pretty much covered this, but even with his growth factor the Thanos buck is still way too big. But asking Hasbro to be scale accurate is like asking the desert to not be dry. You get what you get. At this point I'm just happy with any new character as long as it looks cool.

Something I'd like to point out is the Controller was a participant in the original Armor Wars and with the Disney+ show not too far out I can't help but think this was great timing by Hasbro for once. I'm hoping this is a sign that Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man (Gremlin), who were also participants in the story arch, are on their way soon. Maybe an oversized card Firepower could make a showing, though I don't think he would qualify as retro as he's never been done before.

On 2/21/2022 at 10:28 AM, leokearon said:

So people are theorising that the beaker is something to do with No Way Home Doc Ock. I haven't seen the movie so I don't know 

The beaker is pretty blah as teases go. It can be used for lab coat Mr. Fantastic, Dr. Pym, Dr. Doom, Beast, or really any kind of scientist-based character out there, and Marvel's got a LOT of them. Dr. Connors/the Lizard also comes to mind. 

On 2/14/2022 at 7:14 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro's Ryan, Dan, and Dwight are back for another Marvel Legends live-stream. Among other things I expect they will be officially revealing the Marvel Legends all-comic wave that will include USAgent, Speedball, Iron Man, Thor, Madame Hydra, Quake and Blue Marvel. These should be going up for pre-order at all major retailers including our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth by 1pm ET. We will be updating below with images and info of all the new products announced.

My wallet will sure be happy with this wave because overall I'm passing on these. 

I'm glad to see Blue Marvel showing, but I really wanted his first appearance look; yes he's a ret-conned character but he's a retro type and thats the costume I wanted to see. Not sure about those blast effects (lol) and not sure where his white hair-at-the-temples went. Otherwise he looks good. 

Just goes down from there. I don't know who that is but Madame Hydra, she aint. She's supposed to be around 5'9", 140lbs. Body is totally wrong. Face is totally wrong. They could at least have used the Rogue body buck from the 2 pack. Hard pass! Really was hoping they would do her justice and of course....they blew it. 

USAgent is nothing more than a repaint with an odd face expression. Coming back to disappointing female figures, they give us Maria/Quake on that scrawny body buck but worse, she comes with a gun... but no holster? What is the point of that white harness or the ammo packs if there's no holster?? If this is gonna be the SHIELD troop builder base they're way off. Fans have complained long enough about this. Maybe I'll pick up the Thor. 

Wow. The Avengers wave is one of the strongest I've seen in a while. I called Quake having an alternate Maria Hill head so I'm glad to see they went for it. Blue Marvel and Thor look amazing; a Cates Thor is exactly what I was hoping for when this assortment leaked last year. Not really feeling modern Iron Man but the figure itself looks well executed. 

Kudos to the team. 

Last year, when they talked about the HasLab Galactus, they said there would be at least one more figure this year to go along with Galactus. We all speculated that meant one or more heralds, with the consensus being Herald Thor and/or Firelord.

Now that we've gotten confirmation on Thor: Herald of Galactus, do we still think there is a chance of Firelord coming this year, or is that a pipe dream?

On 2/21/2022 at 8:44 PM, RyanDaly said:

Last year, when they talked about the HasLab Galactus, they said there would be at least one more figure this year to go along with Galactus. We all speculated that meant one or more heralds, with the consensus being Herald Thor and/or Firelord.

Now that we've gotten confirmation on Thor: Herald of Galactus, do we still think there is a chance of Firelord coming this year, or is that a pipe dream?

he is listed for the 20th line.

On 2/21/2022 at 2:44 PM, RyanDaly said:

Firelord was in one of the recent leaks for this year's 20th anniversary figs. Make of that what you will.

I was under the assumption that Viper/Madam Hydra had a visibly scarred face and that's why she wore her hair down on one side. Was I mistaken? Is Viper a different character altogether?  My only exposure to the Viper character was in the X-Men and New Mutants stories back in the 80's. 

Viper_(Ophelia_Sarkissian_-_circa_1988).png

On 2/21/2022 at 9:31 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I was under the assumption that Viper/Madam Hydra had a visibly scarred face and that's why she wore her hair down on one side. Was I mistaken? Is Viper a different character altogether?  My only exposure to the Viper character was in the X-Men and New Mutants stories back in the 80's. 

Viper_(Ophelia_Sarkissian_-_circa_1988).png

she has been cure after she had a squid tentacle head..................how that sentence is actually true is just weird.

I'm happy with these reveals. Only two figures interest me, but they interest me a lot.

The Model 70 Iron Man was a great choice, and I'm glad that Hasbro made it fairly quick. Normally, they take their sweet time to make a figure out of any character's new costume that by the time that figure comes out, the character has already moved on. And even though I'm not interested in Thor, the same for him. With these two figures and the House of X wave, I'm happy to see Hasbro make topical figures faster. However, I'm a bit disappointed in the colors of the suit. It would have been neat if the red was darker and the gold less saturated so it matched the coloring of the armor in Iron Man's book. I also think this was a big missed opportunity not to do the faceplate like a Doctor Doom figure. One of the defining traits of this armor is that Tony's eyes can be visible behind the slits, so it would have been neat if that was the case.

The other figure I'm interested in is the Controller. I've been waiting for this one ever since Hasbro made that classic Thanos. Kind of a bummer Iron Man is the BAF-less figure of this wave, since that means I'll have to track down all of the pieces loose.

As revealed during Hasbro's live-stream earlier today, YouTubers erivera94 and ToyBro will be posting reviews of the newly announced Marvel Legends Iron Man (Model 70) an Speedball figures which are part of the Iron Man Controller Build-A-Figure wave. Hasbro sent each one a production sample of the figure to review.

As a teaser for those reviews each on has posted a in-hand image of the figures they will be reviewing. Erivera94 is reviewing Iron Man and ToyBro is reviewing Speedball. Both figures along with the rest of the wave will be going up for pre-order tomorrow (2/22) at 1pm ET at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth

Iron-Man-Model-70.jpg

Speed-Ball.jpg

On 2/21/2022 at 3:41 PM, Nessex said:

Man... Speedball gets no balls?
Reusing the Kirby krackle from Ultron of the shoulder piece from Sunspot would have at least given a nod to his powers. 
Guess they're planning a 3-pack with him in the near future 🤷‍♀️

That and the fact that he's on the wrong buck. Again, they misused the Sunfire buck. Robbie Baldwin is not that ripped. He's a wiry skinny kid, a teenager as this version. He shoulda been done on the Pizza Spidey mold. Hasbro is driving me nuts with this Sunfire mold. Yes, it's great, yes it has butterfly joint, but no, NO it is not a direct replacement for the "skinny" mold. I don't understand why so many people have a problem with the Pizza Spidey mold anyway. Sure, it's a bit older, but it's got great posability, it's got butterflies, it's got great detail and it still applies to so many characters. Yes, the feet are a bit large, but that's such an easy thing to fix.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:46 PM, monron999 said:

That and the fact that he's on the wrong buck. Again, they misused the Sunfire buck. Robbie Baldwin is not that ripped. He's a wiry skinny kid, a teenager as this version. He shoulda been done on the Pizza Spidey mold. Hasbro is driving me nuts with this Sunfire mold. Yes, it's great, yes it has butterfly joint, but no, NO it is not a direct replacement for the "skinny" mold. I don't understand why so many people have a problem with the Pizza Spidey mold anyway. Sure, it's a bit older, but it's got great posability, it's got butterflies, it's got great detail and it still applies to so many characters. Yes, the feet are a bit large, but that's such an easy thing to fix.

The only thing I hated about that pizza spidey mold is how rail thin it looked in its side profile. It looked fine outside of that.. maybe a little too tall as well. They really love overusing their reuse of molds. I actually like the bucky cap for regular sized males. Sunfire mold is too bulky and not my favorite in proportions.. like those giant azz calves that one of their sculptors loves to do on their forms. And the feet on Sunfires mold are pretty massive, I like them but they are just too dang long. (bucky caps were too small so I guess we went the other way). But its hasbro, size or build accuracy isnt their priority clearly. Whatever they can reuse. 

On 2/21/2022 at 12:23 PM, Satam said:

Right? We can get three figures of Reed Richards with white/gray at his temples, but with Adam, they just seem to have forgotten about it.

It makes no sense. They even got it right for the Nick Fury (Captain A wave, Giant-Man BAF) figure. So how on earth did they blow this?

This is the kind of thing that drives me absolutely nuts with these guys.