Marvel Legends Quasar Available On Walgreens Website

JayC

On 2/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, MonsterChris said:

Got him!  Thank you!!

Limit one per customer, too.  Thanks for doing something to fight the pirates!

I do wish it was limited to 2, so then I could get free shipping, and then have 2 chances to get one with a decent paint job. Still, better to limit to 1 than to NOT limit it at all. I got some Legos and toilet paper to bring it up above the free shipping limit, though, so that's cool- fingers crossed I don't get a cross-eyed Quasar.

Got this figure a while back at Ebgames/Gamestop. As much as I like it, I'm really hoping they do another one with his more up-to-date costume.

On 2/18/2022 at 11:41 AM, RyanDaly said:

Had him ready to order and after all this time I realized... I don't really want this version of Quasar. No FOMO this time. 

I guess this is what we can expect, Walgreens exclusives to go up on the website nine months after they're supposed to be in stores. I guess we can hope to get Baron Zemo for Christmas now.

Not likely. We still have to wait for Binary.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:49 PM, MonsterChris said:

Got him!  Thank you!!

Limit one per customer, too.  Thanks for doing something to fight the pirates!

You can actually order more than one, just gotta do separate purchases. I just ordered two, and did them as store pickup to save $ on shipping.

NOVA went up in early Oct and Binary will likely be listed before Zemo. Whether they take as long to list Binary as they did Quasar is not known but I wouldn't hold my breath it will be soon. Jigsaw has yet to see release anywhere yet but almost def will hit everywhere else but here first and we may find out on Monday during the live-stream what the next Walgreens exclusive will be after Jigsaw.

I finally ordered both Quasar and Zemo from Robotkingdom. The cost of shipping sucks but I was tired of waiting. I don't care that much about Binary so I will be fine waiting for Walgreens on that one.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:20 PM, monron999 said:

Not likely. We still have to wait for Binary.

Hasbro has been offering some of the Target, Wal-Mart, and Amazon exclusive items on Hasbro Pulse- maybe it's something in their agreement with Walgreen's, but I don't know why they can't do the same with the Walgreen's exclusives- they have been some of the toughest to consistently get, and the release dates have been all over the place, impossible to predict. There's also a 6" Star Wars Clone Trooper figure that was supposed to be available many months ago that still hasn't shown up. I think that Zemo and Jigsaw are going to be high-demand figures- I'm really hoping they can do SOMETHING to improve the situation before they are released.

Thank you so much for the heads up!! This is one of my most wanted figures in a while and the ebay listings are all around $50 or more... I ended up paying $30.36 after shipping and sales tax but that's much less than I ended up paying for any of Obsidian Surfer, Emma, the Cuckoos, female new mutants or Nova on the secondary market!! I do hope they continue listing these exclusives on their website, even if it is long after they're supposed to be out in stores. I literally go to Walgreens for no other reason that to check on these exclusives, I always worry that the staff is going to think that I'm there to shoplift because I always walk in, walk up one aisle, walk right back with nothing and leave. LOL!

On 2/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, Reno said:

I always worry that the staff is going to think that I'm there to shoplift because I always walk in, walk up one aisle, walk right back with nothing and leave. LOL!

This is how I feel whenever I go toy hunting anywhere anymore. I never find diddly anymore. Kind of why I just stick to online and even then its like if you arent fast enough you are screwed. 

Crap. The fact that you could order 2 figures and get free shipping was what made it worth the wait. Now paying $38 after tax and shipping I might has well have just ordered them for $40 months ago off the secondary market. I'm glad they're trying to stop the scalpers, but seriously, is limiting it to 1 versus 2 doing it all that much good? You're still pissing off the consumer, you're just doing it in a different way.

On 2/18/2022 at 1:39 PM, Reno said:

I literally go to Walgreens for no other reason that to check on these exclusives, I always worry that the staff is going to think that I'm there to shoplift because I always walk in, walk up one aisle, walk right back with nothing and leave. LOL!

On 2/18/2022 at 1:45 PM, EvilHayato said:

This is how I feel whenever I go toy hunting anywhere anymore. I never find diddly anymore. Kind of why I just stick to online and even then its like if you arent fast enough you are screwed. 

I used to be so self-conscious about this as well, thinking to myself about trying to not look like a shoplifter and then fearing that trying not to made me look more like a shoplifter.

...And then I turned 40 last year and a magical thing happened: I almost completely stopped caring what anyone else thinks about me.  Especially strangers.  I feel like I could go about my day wearing a giant hot dog costume and I would forget I even had it on by lunch.  I think when I turn 80 I'll probably stop caring enough to actually start shoplifting!  😝

I highly recommend getting old.

On 2/18/2022 at 2:30 PM, monron999 said:

Crap. The fact that you could order 2 figures and get free shipping was what made it worth the wait. Now paying $38 after tax and shipping I might has well have just ordered them for $40 months ago off the secondary market. I'm glad they're trying to stop the scalpers, but seriously, is limiting it to 1 versus 2 doing it all that much good? You're still pissing off the consumer, you're just doing it in a different way.

I was actually thinking the same thing, and then I remembered Walgreens sells a little of everything. So I ordered some Cheeze-It’s for my kids (we’re running low), and some shampoo/body wash. Got free shipping and I didn’t have to remember to get those the next time I go to the grocery store.

On 2/18/2022 at 1:24 PM, GarimusPrime said:

You can actually order more than one, just gotta do separate purchases. I just ordered two, and did them as store pickup to save $ on shipping.

I did the same thing, one under my wife’s Walgreens account and  one under mine

so done chasing Walgreens exclusives I don’t mind double dipping on shipping. I also ordered Zemo off Zavi US for just a few dollars more than one of these Quasars. 

glad to finally get this guy, was sooo tempted as recent as this past week to order overseas. Glad I waited

On 2/19/2022 at 8:51 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Everybody's talking about the version they wish they got I hope we get Avril Kincaid Quasar next

and super happy that you guys in the US finally got a chance at getting this figure.

I wouldn't mind Avril getting a figure

On 2/18/2022 at 1:26 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Hasbro has been offering some of the Target, Wal-Mart, and Amazon exclusive items on Hasbro Pulse- maybe it's something in their agreement with Walgreen's, but I don't know why they can't do the same with the Walgreen's exclusives- they have been some of the toughest to consistently get, and the release dates have been all over the place, impossible to predict. There's also a 6" Star Wars Clone Trooper figure that was supposed to be available many months ago that still hasn't shown up. I think that Zemo and Jigsaw are going to be high-demand figures- I'm really hoping they can do SOMETHING to improve the situation before they are released.

They do offer at least one Walgreens exclusive on rare occasions on Pulse, from the Lightning Collection, it's weird that there's no Legends offerings though.