Hasbro Marvel Legends Walmart-Collector Con Exclusive Ulik Figure In-Hand First Look And Details

JayC

MCUCollector takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Ulik figure from Hasbro which will be offered ONLINE ONLY during this years Walmart Collector-Con event which takes place on Walmart's website starting on March 24th!

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

00-Ulik-05.jpg

Ulik-01.jpg

Ulik-02.jpg

Ulik-03.jpg

Ulik-04.jpg

Ulik-06.jpg

Ulik-07.jpg

Ulik-08.jpg

Ulik-09.jpg

Ulik-10.jpg

I've got the 1st version of Ulik that came in the 2017 SDCC box set with Bor, Jane Foster Thor, Malekith and Odinson. I'd love to see a side-by-side of the two to determine whether this one is enough of an upgrade to bother with. There are 4 things that stand out to me without the direct side by side:

1) Both head sculpts on the new version are far more expressive than the one on the original, which was honestly quite boring.

2) The second set of hands is a nice touch for him to be able to hold a weapon. I believe the original only has clenched fists.

3) This updated version has some type of neck adornment that the original did not.

4) There were small holes on the front of the shoulders of the original that don't seem to be present on the updated version (or they're filled in).

I think all of those 4 things are great. It's just a matter of whether it's worth the $$$ for the upgrade, or if the prior version is good enough. There's also the matter of being able to get it online during their event. I seem to recall not being able to get something that I wanted last year (Dark Knights Metal Robin 3-pack, maybe?).

On 3/1/2022 at 2:52 PM, Reno said:

I've got the 1st version of Ulik that came in the 2017 SDCC box set with Bor, Jane Foster Thor, Malekith and Odinson. I'd love to see a side-by-side of the two to determine whether this one is enough of an upgrade to bother with. There are 4 things that stand out to me without the direct side by side:

1) Both head sculpts on the new version are far more expressive than the one on the original, which was honestly quite boring.

2) The second set of hands is a nice touch for him to be able to hold a weapon. I believe the original only has clenched fists.

3) This updated version has some type of neck adornment that the original did not.

4) There were small holes on the front of the shoulders of the original that don't seem to be present on the updated version (or they're filled in).

I think all of those 4 things are great. It's just a matter of whether it's worth the $$$ for the upgrade, or if the prior version is good enough. There's also the matter of being able to get it online during their event. I seem to recall not being able to get something that I wanted last year (Dark Knights Metal Robin 3-pack, maybe?).

Watch the video. He does do a side-by-side of this version and the SDCC.

On 3/1/2022 at 9:29 PM, RyanDaly said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do that. I'll admit that I rarely watch the videos and usually depend on the pics, but I'll check it out!

On 3/1/2022 at 9:29 PM, RyanDaly said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll did just that. I'll admit that I rarely watch the videos and usually depend on the pics, so I apologize for the laziness on my part.

After watching the video, I think it's a pretty decent upgrade over the original. I think that price point will determine whether I get this updated version or not. If it's under $40, it's likely worth it to me - if it's more than that then I'll likely pass and keep the original.

Speaking of Walmart exclusive figures, my Doctor Strange arrived today! I remember ordering it and Ajak at the same time. Was it during this Walmart Collector Con last year? It seems like it. I didn't realize that I had originally ordered it that long ago!

I sure hope I get a chance to grab this Ulik! He looks great.

Reno

On 3/2/2022 at 12:36 PM, Reno said:

Speaking of Walmart exclusive figures, my Doctor Strange arrived today! I remember ordering it and Ajak at the same time. Was it during this Walmart Collector Con last year? It seems like it. I didn't realize that I had originally ordered it that long ago!

Yeah, it was a Walmart Con, but it was their NYCC event, which was in early October, so it's actually been less than 5 months.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder that Hasbro's Marvel Legends comic based Ulik figure will be going up for pre-order tomorrow during the Walmart Collector Con event.

According to Walmart's press release, the festivities begin Thursday, March 24 with multiple chances for fans to get their hands on products for the first time starting at 7am, 12pm and 5pm PST over the course of the two-day event.

According to Hasbro, Ulik will only be made available online and not sold at physical Walmart stores. Hasbro has also said this figure will not be available on Walmart Canada tomorrow, but will be made available there at a later time in the year.

On 3/8/2022 at 4:33 AM, Chunkylover said:

He looks fun. I like these big figures. The only thing I don't like is the single jointed elbows. Are double-joints that bad on big figures? I like the alternate head and hands.

Really can't see any design/engineering reason why larger figures can't have double elbows; if they could do it for the likes of the haslab figures the others shouldn't be an issue. I think it was totally unnecessary to deprive the Thing of both biceps swivel and double jointed elbows,

Was this released before as someone else’s exclusive? Or am I just confusing this figures announcement with this release window? I know about the SDCC version, just got it in my mind THIS one has been offered before

either way, my gut says pass. Like Armadillo, this figure looks fantastic, but I’ve no connection to him. While he has fought many Avengers, there isn’t that defining Avengers v Ulik that makes this a must have for me. Or any Villains super team he has joined.  Granted my Thor villains selection is pretty meek... 

i passed on Compound Hulk initially then wrote him off completely when he reached $100 on the secondary market.  But saw Walmart had him in stock again about a month ago  for the original $30 ( maybe $35) and impulse bought him. Wonder if this will happen to me again with Ulik? 

On 3/2/2022 at 12:57 PM, Reno said:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do that. I'll admit that I rarely watch the videos and usually depend on the pics, but I'll check it out!

Yeah that’s burned me before too. Who has time for a video haha?!?! Give me instant gratification with pictures !! 

On 3/23/2022 at 4:17 PM, McHogan said:

Was this released before as someone else’s exclusive? Or am I just confusing this figures announcement with this release window? I know about the SDCC version, just got it in my mind THIS one has been offered before

either way, my gut says pass. Like Armadillo, this figure looks fantastic, but I’ve no connection to him. While he has fought many Avengers, there isn’t that defining Avengers v Ulik that makes this a must have for me. Or any Villains super team he has joined.  Granted my Thor villains selection is pretty meek... 

i passed on Compound Hulk initially then wrote him off completely when he reached $100 on the secondary market.  But saw Walmart had him in stock again about a month ago  for the original $30 ( maybe $35) and impulse bought him. Wonder if this will happen to me again with Ulik? 

This version with the new head has never been offered before. You must be thinking of when it was shown months ago.

On 3/23/2022 at 4:27 PM, McHogan said:

Yeah that’s burned me before too. Who has time for a video haha?!?! Give me instant gratification with pictures !! 

I've always been like that. Rather see pics than videos, read than listen.  There's only so much time in the day.