Ariana DeBose To Play Calypso In Sony’s Marvel 'Kraven The Hunter'

Outsiders

Deadline is reporting that Ariana DeBose is set to join Sony Pictures’ Marvel movie Kraven the Hunter, starring Aaron Taylor Johnson in the titular role.  Sources from within say DeBose could be playing Calypso.

The character of Calypso is a voodoo priestess who utilizes magic potions, and besides being an adversary of Spider-Man, she is also the occasional partner and lover of Kraven.

The film is being directed by J.C. Chandor with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach producing. Art Marcum & Matt Holloway and Richard Wenk penned the screenplay. The film will be released theatrically on January 13th, 2023.

DeBose has been Oscar-nominated for the Supporting Actress role in Steven Spielberg’s West Side Story and took home the SAG Award for Supporting Actress, DeBose also has BAFTA and Critics Choice nominations in the same category.

Ariana_DeBose.jpg

On 3/2/2022 at 1:43 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah Okay cool, she looks fine, still don't want a weirdo Kraven movie.

Well at this point, with the lackluster state of the latest MCU movies and Disney+ shows I'm willing to give Sony a shot to take the reigns. I mean it's not like they can do any worse.

On 3/2/2022 at 3:10 PM, monron999 said:

Well at this point, with the lackluster state of the latest MCU movies and Disney+ shows I'm willing to give Sony a shot to take the reigns. I mean it's not like they can do any worse.

I dunno I think they have proven they can do plenty worse.

spacer.png

but that's just my personal opinion

On 3/2/2022 at 2:48 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I dunno I think they have proven they can do plenty worse.

spacer.png

but that's just my personal opinion

Really? I know they've had some stinkers, but I think from the start of Homecoming they've all been more or less solid. I guess some have been critical of the Venom series, but it never promised to be anything it wasn't. It didn't have some deep meaning, some underlying message or some massive artistic value. It was just an alien and a dude kicking ayass and eating people. Seriously, I think that's really what most comic and action fans in general really want from their comic movies. Cool fight scenes, awesome special effects, maybe some bitchin' explosions and maybe a few hit and miss one liners. If you can work some additional elements in there that's cool too, but not at the sacrifice to the quality of the movie. I dunno. I'm just sayin'.