Jump to content

Marvel Legends Disney+ Wave 3 Hawkeye And Kate Bishop Figure Pre-Orders Coming Later Today


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/13/2022 at 3:40 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I totally agree, I would have been content if they just showed us the entire wave when it was appropriate, we didn't need a figure here and a figure there, I know I could have just waited until whatever embargoes were lifted and they just showed us the whole batch of figs whenever that would be.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Indeed. There's not a whole lot that we can do anyway, so yeah it is what it is and let's see how it goes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Figure Report takes a look at Hasbro's new Disney+ Moon Knight Series Marvel Legends Moon Knight And Mr. Knight figures which are part of the Disney+ Infinity Ultron Build-A-Figure wave which we know also includes Hawkeye Series Hawkeye and Kate Bishop. These figures are available for pre-order now at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.
 


The figures shown here are production samples sent out by Hasbro for purposes of review.

00.jpg

Moon-Knight-01.jpg

Moon-Knight-02.jpg

Moon-Knight-03.jpg

Moon-Knight-04.jpg

Moon-Knight-05.jpg

Moon-Knight-06.jpg

Moon-Knight-07.jpg

Moon-Knight-08.jpg

Moon-Knight-09.jpg

Moon-Knight-10.jpg

Moon-Knight-11.jpg

Moon-Knight-12.jpg

Moon-Knight-13.jpg

Moon-Knight-14.jpg

Moon-Knight-15.jpg

Moon-Knight-16.jpg

Moon-Knight-17.jpg

Moon-Knight-18.jpg

Moon-Knight-19.jpg

Moon-Knight-20.jpg

Moon-Knight-21.jpg

Moon-Knight-22.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2022 at 2:44 PM, memocromatico said:

Not to diss on anyone, but… the Figure Report have 5 videos on YT… shouldn’t they have sent them to someone with more exposure or a more consistent uploading rate? Do they do something else that I don’t know of? Am I missing out on something?

The guy doing the review actually worked on the Disney+ Moon Knight series which I am sure is why they sent him the figures, not that Hasbro really bases who they send these products to based on size of subscribers. The guy could have 5 followers but sites like this one which reach over 10k people daily will cover it because its news and Hasbro knows that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/12/2022 at 1:51 PM, JohnF said:

What's the pont of having someone review a figure that's still about a year away, according to the official date? As if this whole slowly revealing the figures throughout spring that you can't get your hands on anytime soon or even preorder the whole wave thing isn't frustrating enough, now they're gonna have someone review two of the figures. For what? So that we don't forget to preorder or lose interest in the figures? In my opinion this only makes this whole weird and kinda unorthodox situation even worse. Get the whole thing up for preorders when it's all prepared, like usual, and we won't lose our interest. 

I think you miss the point of what a review is supposed to be. A review should give you a detailed look at the figure so you can decide whether you want to buy it or not or pre-order or not. Why would you be frustrated in being given as much info as possible on something so you can make an informed decision on whether you should spend your money on it or not.  The show the figure is based on is running right now so they are revealing the product to go with that show as opposed to months after the show aired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunate that they stuck with the smaller mold, then again this is the D+ figure based on Issac. What's really wrong is that the suited figure is so much slighter than the costumed one. This is supposed to be the same guy, yet its not. Its far too scrawny and short in comparison. They really could've done better here. Also was hoping the Moon Knight would be a bit brighter than this worn gray. Still, look like nice figures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2022 at 10:41 AM, JayC said:

I think you miss the point of what a review is supposed to be. A review should give you a detailed look at the figure so you can decide whether you want to buy it or not or pre-order or not. Why would you be frustrated in being given as much info as possible on something so you can make an informed decision on whether you should spend your money on it or not.  The show the figure is based on is running right now so they are revealing the product to go with that show as opposed to months after the show aired.

JayC respectfully dropping facts. You love to see it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2022 at 9:41 AM, JayC said:

I think you miss the point of what a review is supposed to be. A review should give you a detailed look at the figure so you can decide whether you want to buy it or not or pre-order or not. Why would you be frustrated in being given as much info as possible on something so you can make an informed decision on whether you should spend your money on it or not.  The show the figure is based on is running right now so they are revealing the product to go with that show as opposed to months after the show aired.

Yes, and thank God for that cuz it makes it perfectly clear that Hasbro has no intention of putting that scrawny, spaghetti limbed suited buck to bed any time soon. So glad that the BAF, or anything What If? is catching my attention at this point, that way I can cherry pick the hell outta this wave. I was actually thinking of buying the Mr. Knight figure simply for the head sculpt and putting it on a proper buck (Happy Hogan), but after trying that with other suited figures (suck as Loki, Mobius, Arcade and Hood), I've realized that along with those older suit bucks being so tiny, but any character done on those bucks also have tiny head sculpts in order to make them look somewhat accurate so they are just not all that compatible with the Hogan buck. So for the most part, it still sucks to be a suited character in ML. Maybe, just maybe I'll pick it up on clearance, and I guarantee it will go to clearance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just do not have the words for how much I love this Moon Knight costume design. It is literally the only Live-Action look that I've preferred over the comic original e-v-e-rrrrrrr!!! I don't know enough about the Mr Knight aspect of MK, but I'm getting that figure just for those freaking SWEET looking billy-clubs!!! This is going a long way to salving the the spiritual/emotional burn-scar I felt from Hasbro not sending comic MK northwards. Really looking forward to these man!! I like this reviewer too, seems a kindred spirit and it really showed that he was having a lot of fun with the figures. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m coming around on Moon Mummy and Mr Knight is very cool. 

But just watched episode 3.. man are they deviating from the source material.. not knocking as I know this is what the MCU does..but.. guess I’ve got to wrap my head around some aspects of that episode 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2022 at 11:09 PM, McHogan said:

I’m coming around on Moon Mummy and Mr Knight is very cool. 

But just watched episode 3.. man are they deviating from the source material.. not knocking as I know this is what the MCU does..but.. guess I’ve got to wrap my head around some aspects of that episode 

I noticed this as well. Particularly with how bad they are butchering Mr. Knight as a character. I don't like what they've done to him, at all. He's such a useless goofball and an emotional and verbal mess. They took a complete 180 on him. I also don't like what they've done to Khonshu. They've made him into an unlikeable prick and they make no effort to win you over to him. I'm enjoying the show overall, but it's hilarious to me how badly they are treating certain characters.

I'm not as familiar with the comics, particularly before Warren Ellis' run, but what are you referring to as deviating?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2022 at 9:16 AM, Archaengel said:

I noticed this as well. Particularly with how bad they are butchering Mr. Knight as a character. I don't like what they've done to him, at all. He's such a useless goofball and an emotional and verbal mess. They took a complete 180 on him. I also don't like what they've done to Khonshu. They've made him into an unlikeable prick and they make no effort to win you over to him. I'm enjoying the show overall, but it's hilarious to me how badly they are treating certain characters.

I'm not as familiar with the comics, particularly before Warren Ellis' run, but what are you referring to as deviating?

 

I don't mind a little side deviation but being this is a topic about the action figures and not the show I ask everyone to try and refrain from discussing specific show plot points here cause that will likely move the discussion into spoiler territory. There are topics about the show itself on here so if you want to talk more about the show itself I ask you take those comments to one of those threads.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/14/2022 at 3:32 AM, JayC said:

I def like the regular Moon Knight figure, the Mr. Knight seems less interesting to me, both in the show and here. If I end up getting the whole wave for the Ultron then obviously I will have to get it as well but otherwise I think its an easy pass for me.

The more I look at it, and compare it in context to other work, Mr. Knight is just an obvious slap-dash job. They have a larger suited mold now, so why not use that. If they had enough time to do this mummy Moon Knight, surely they had time for the other.

This is just the state of Hasbro Legends now. Only do 80-85% effort and results, but watch people drool and fawn over "best figure ever". In the beginning I was pretty impressed but right now.....not so much. Just feels like wasted potential. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2022 at 10:36 AM, JayC said:

The guy doing the review actually worked on the Disney+ Moon Knight series which I am sure is why they sent him the figures, not that Hasbro really bases who they send these products to based on size of subscribers. The guy could have 5 followers but sites like this one which reach over 10k people daily will cover it because its news and Hasbro knows that.

LOL, actually not just worked on the show but is the brother of Oscar Isaac. I bet not only did Hasbro send him the figures, he probably actually gets to keep em unlike most who have to send them back to Hasbro after reviewing.

 

DisneyPlus-Moon-Knight-And-Mr-Knight-Marvel-Legends 9.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No wonder Moon Knight won’t come with a BAF piece, that figure is gonna sell. Mr Knight on the other hand, I like it, but man… I understand wave budgeting and all that, but that figure is really getting the shortest baton. I’m holding out on that one for a bit longer until I see the rest of the wave and decide if I’m building the BaF or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/15/2022 at 9:35 AM, memocromatico said:

".... Mr Knight on the other hand, I like it, but man… I understand wave budgeting and all that, but that figure is really getting the shortest baton..."

That really bothers me, because if budgeting is the excuse for doing sub-par figures in a wave (and they have said this before), then maybe cut the wave from 7 figures to 6 or something, along those lines?

I view this Mr. Knight figure almost like Psycho-Man. There's a figure that isn't a top-tier character, and an outfit that really has no re-use potential; essentially a one and done. And boy did they do him. Perfect, perfect right off the page.

They could've devoted at least as much time/money into Mr. Knight though, because while he's unique to the D+ MCU, the suited body could be used for many other characters. IF they did him right that is, and here, they just didn't .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/13/2022 at 5:41 PM, JayC said:

I think you miss the point of what a review is supposed to be. A review should give you a detailed look at the figure so you can decide whether you want to buy it or not or pre-order or not. Why would you be frustrated in being given as much info as possible on something so you can make an informed decision on whether you should spend your money on it or not.  The show the figure is based on is running right now so they are revealing the product to go with that show as opposed to months after the show aired.

The show is running now, but the figure is part of a wave and they've been handling this wave in a weird fashion so far. And yes it is because it (this reveal) has to go with the show that is currently airing, but I wouldn't mind it had they shown us the entire wave after everything is out there. My issue is with the slow buildup and the separate preorders here and there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

This is just something I realized recently, but except for Vistron, I don't think we will be getting any more What if...? figure in the third D+ wave. Think about it, if they were going to add them, wouldn't they have revealed them already? I mean, unlike the rest of the wave, there are no spoilers for them. They don't have to hold back on revealing them like they did with the Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk figure and could have just revealed them when they revealed Vistron.

I know there is a second series coming but that will not be until late in the year if it comes out at all this year. Not to mention they probably will have another wave for that (and Secret Invasion).

TLDR: No I don't think the third wave will have What If figures, just one or 2 from Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 1:48 AM, tarot said:

This is just something I realized recently, but except for Vistron, I don't think we will be getting any more What if...? figure in the third D+ wave. Think about it, if they were going to add them, wouldn't they have revealed them already? I mean, unlike the rest of the wave, there are no spoilers for them. They don't have to hold back on revealing them like they did with the Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk figure and could have just revealed them when they revealed Vistron.

I know there is a second series coming but that will not be until late in the year if it comes out at all this year. Not to mention they probably will have another wave for that (and Secret Invasion).

TLDR: No I don't think the third wave will have What If figures, just one or 2 from Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk.

You do have a point. On the other hand, they could just be trying to focus on hyping the new shows first and just reveal the What If figure at the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/15/2022 at 10:18 AM, leokearon said:

You do have a point. On the other hand, they could just be trying to focus on hyping the new shows first and just reveal the What If figure at the end.

I think something like that could indeed be happening. Or maybe they want to keep us guessing, keep some mystery around it, I don't know. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE