New Daredevil Season 4 Coming To Disney+???

JayC

Rumors are starting to spread that we will be seeing a 4th season of the Charlie Cox Daredevil series likely to air on Disney+.

The first three seasons of Daredevil which originally aired on Netflix will be coming to Disney+ next week on March 18. Now normally I don't report on all these MCU rumors that fly around the net left and right. However someone I know who is connected with Marvel Studios recently mentioned big Daredevil news was coming soon that leads me to think there might be some credibility to this one and why I am bringing it to your attention now. Of course until we get some kind official confirmation from Disney I would still consider this rumor. If or when more details become available on this I will be sure to let you know.

Daredevil.jpg

I f they keep the same tone for D+ then I'd be down for it. I don't wanna doom any lighthearted adaptation, or something that is less grounded and brutal, but I think the Netflix tone  was a good fit and I'd like them to keep going that way. Hell, I'd like everything from Marvel to get a bit more mature, but for now I'd settle with a selection of Marvel's property heading to that direction. 

Guest EUPHORICVIKING

If they do what they did for Hawkeye, I don't want it.

I'm growing out of the kiddish Disney style they've been and adding to Marvel. The finale of Hawkeye left my outlook a little soiled.

Yelena felt super forced, unlikely and unnecessary. Kingpin on netflix was well written, Kingpin in Hawkeye felt like a Joke. (No way does a Kate Bishop in training take out a Wilson Fisk by any other way than Plot induced stupidity.)

With Disney buying up all my favorite franchises is going to have to start adapting it's marketability to Mature Audiences.

While DD was the best show, by far, out of the Netflix crop, partially cuz he actually got a costume, I'm not even remotely interested in the character as he was portrayed in that original run. Sure Charlie Cox was awesome as Matt Murdock, but Daredevil was a chump. In the comics DD is a badass. His radar sense is much more powerful, it gives him full 360 degree awareness, he basically cannot be taken off guard, his sense of touch lets him feel stress and pressure points and lets him feel the wind pushed out in front of objects allowing him to dodge or counter measure. He can discern people by their heartbeat or body heat. He could take on multiple enemies like ninjas and Ultron Clones and take on very little damage. He's actually a real super hero with real powers that let him go toe to toe with enhanced individuals like Captain America and Spider-Man. If I had a nickel for every time someone snuck up BEHIND him on the Netflix show and cracked him over the head with a brick or vase or Elektra or Frank had to save his ayass I'd have like a dollar fitty. Not a lot of money, but you get the point. Dump the Netflix tomato can DD and him as tough and hard as they seem to be doing with Moon Knight and other characters and then you got a show.

Totally expected this, after his appearance in Spider-Man I was sure they'd get started quickly on something new for DD, of course this isn't confirmed I'd be surprised if this wasn't true, I only hope if it is true they don't change the mood and vibe of the show.

On 3/12/2022 at 1:03 PM, ransomz said:

".... Hopefully they can work Jon Bernthal into the MCU too. And Jessica Jones...."

Id love to see Jessica Jones but pass on Bernthal and Colter. I think he ( bernthal) did a good job as the Punisher but I would've like to see a bigger actor in the role. I know a lot of marvel execs were over the moon with him but to me he was about 85% there. The Colter Luke Cage however, was just wrong. A sheriff from Georgia? No no no NO! Luke Cage is Harlem born, steeped in New York. They came up with a far too passive, almost boring character change for him. 

Even if they bring them both back, I'll be fine with it. But that Finn Jones Iron Fist needs to stay away. Far away.

On 3/12/2022 at 6:22 PM, Atlantis said:

Id love to see Jessica Jones but pass on Bernthal and Colter. I think he ( bernthal) did a good job as the Punisher but I would've like to see a bigger actor in the role. I know a lot of marvel execs were over the moon with him but to me he was about 85% there. The Colter Luke Cage however, was just wrong. A sheriff from Georgia? No no no NO! Luke Cage is Harlem born, steeped in New York. They came up with a far too passive, almost boring character change for him. 

Even if they bring them both back, I'll be fine with it. But that Finn Jones Iron Fist needs to stay away. Far away.

I'm good with Bernthal. He's a damn good actor and easily the best guy to play the part yet. It's just that his material sucked (like every other Punisher actor before him). He's 5' 11" and was about 170 lbs on Daredevil and about 180 lbs when doing his own show. I don't need my Punisher to be 6' 5", 230 lbs, and built like a professional wrestler.
I agree with you 100% on Colter and Luke Cage. Mike Colter apparently doesn't want to play Luke Cage anymore, so...great. They can find someone better. And yeah, everything about Finn Jones as Iron Fist was terrible, and he was easily the worst Marvel Netflix lead, so I'd like to believe he's not even on Feige's radar.

Last week we reported how rumors had to begun circulating that a new Disney+ Daredevil series was in the works. Now those initial rumors suggested that the series would be a continuation of the Netflix Daredevil series which now sees all three seasons streaming on Disney+.

Well now IGN points out that the latest issue of Production Weekly – a publication that lists pre-production or in-production projects for film professionals. In the issue there is a section for a show simply referred to as 'Daredevil Reboot'.

The word reboot would suggest that this will not be a straight continuation of the Netflix series picking up where that one left off, which actually makes more sense to me. However Charlie Cox who starred as the blind super hero in the Netflix run will almost definitely continue to play the lead role as the Man Without Fear in this new series. We already have seen Cox reprise the role in Spider-Man: No Way Home as Daredevil's alter-ego Matt Murdock.

Of course when more details become available we will be sure to let you know.

On 3/13/2022 at 7:40 AM, Satam said:

I'm good with Bernthal. He's a damn good actor and easily the best guy to play the part yet. It's just that his material sucked (like every other Punisher actor before him). He's 5' 11" and was about 170 lbs on Daredevil and about 180 lbs when doing his own show. I don't need my Punisher to be 6' 5", 230 lbs, and built like a professional wrestler.
I agree with you 100% on Colter and Luke Cage. Mike Colter apparently doesn't want to play Luke Cage anymore, so...great. They can find someone better. And yeah, everything about Finn Jones as Iron Fist was terrible, and he was easily the worst Marvel Netflix lead, so I'd like to believe he's not even on Feige's radar.

Yeah, man that's how I see it as well. Since they're keeping some guys from the netflix shows like Cox and D'Onofrio, I'd say keeping Bernthal is the next step. And when it comes to the others, again, that's how I see it too. 

On 3/11/2022 at 9:00 PM, SpiderS said:

Maybe they can even do a movie? I think it's about time for Matt to get his second movie that can be actual equal to new Batman movie which is gritty but still is PG-13. And I bet it's going to do better business than Eternals and Shang Chi.

This sounds good... too good to be true probably.

I'm all about anything Daredevil, but why a series? Why not a movie? Just do a 3 part arc like everyone else gets and get some cameos in other movies. I really don't feel like the Affleck movie did all that bad but Kevin Smith just screwed up some major parts like the fact that he taught himself to be a ninja or the fact that he had to bang his club on crap to make his radar work. I think Marvel could do a decent origin story and make him a badass like he is in comics. Seriously, even though it was the best of the Netflix crop it was actually the least watched one (tell me how that BS works out). I'm sure no one would mind if it gets a bit of a small reboot for the betterment of the character and project overall.

I know I'm a minority, but I do wish they'd bring back Coulter and Jones as Luke Cage and Rand. Most of the issues with their shows were in the writing and not so much the actors themselves. Plus, I'd really like Alice Eve's portrayal of Typhoid Mary and would love it if they brought her back as well.

On 3/18/2022 at 10:45 AM, memocromatico said:

I know I'm a minority, but I do wish they'd bring back Coulter and Jones as Luke Cage and Rand. Most of the issues with their shows were in the writing and not so much the actors themselves. Plus, I'd really like Alice Eve's portrayal of Typhoid Mary and would love it if they brought her back as well.

I'm in with Finn Jones, but he needs a better choreographer, but I never got the Cage feeling from Mike Colter, but it's not because his acting skills, but something in him wasn't badass enough, at least for me...

On 3/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, icematta said:

I'm in with Finn Jones, but he needs a better choreographer, but I never got the Cage feeling from Mike Colter, but it's not because his acting skills, but something in him wasn't badass enough, at least for me...

I don't know, I blame the writing mostly. He looks imposing enough. Might be because I'm not that familiar with the comics.  And ditto on the choreographer for Iron Fist, hopefully what they did with Shang-Chi teaches them a lesson.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 8:45 AM, memocromatico said:

" I know I'm a minority, but I do wish they'd bring back ....Jones ...(as) Rand....."

He looked weak, frail and completely out of place as a martial artist, let alone have any resemblance to the comic book Iron Fist. The guy looked as if he never set foot in a gym in his life. Most of his fight scenes were as bad- totally unconvincing. People didn't just "decide" out of the blue to revile his performance. He really was that bad.  Jessica Henwick, on the other hand, brought the heat. 

On 3/29/2022 at 1:58 AM, Atlantis said:

He looked weak, frail and completely out of place as a martial artist, let alone have any resemblance to the comic book Iron Fist. The guy looked as if he never set foot in a gym in his life. Most of his fight scenes were as bad- totally unconvincing. People didn't just "decide" out of the blue to revile his performance. He really was that bad.  Jessica Henwick, on the other hand, brought the heat. 

Agree completely on Henwick. I know it’s because I’m not familiar or attached to Iron Fist in the comics (or at all, I used him next to never in the Ultimate Alliance games), and I understand the dislike for his performance, but I still blame the production and writing more than him. I really liked the Coulter/Jones dynamic on the one Luke Cage episode they were together, and IMHO that was the best we got out of both of them.