Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Series Iron Man Video Review And Images

Outsiders

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Series Iron Man from Hasbro.   This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_00.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_21.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_22.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_23.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_24.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_25.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_26.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_27.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_28.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_29.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_30.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_31.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_32.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_33.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_34.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_35.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_36.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_37.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_38.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_39.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_40.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_41.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_42.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_43.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_44.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_45.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_46.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_47.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_48.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_49.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_50.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_51.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_52.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_53.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_54.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_55.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_56.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_57.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_58.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_59.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_60.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_61.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_62.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_63.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_64.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_65.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_66.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_67.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_68.jpg

Marvel_Legends_20th_Anniversary_Series_Iron_Man_By_ShartimusPrime_69.jpg

Agreed, easy pass. Too much money for an inaccurate figure. They got the first appearance of the red and gold armor's helmet right (except you can't see his eyes which was a main feature of why he designed it that way in the first place); too bad it doesn't have the "visor" articulation, but I get it. And it didn't have hip pods. That's correct. But it doesn't have the slanted line/vents on the chest plate, the diodes aren't in the right place, there's no antenna on the shoulder, the back vents aren't there and the belt buckle is supposed to be yellow. Frankly I'd rather pass on this and wait for them to make the thing correctly. If they never do, that's fine with me. Charging this much more money for something that is so clearly slapped together isn't justified.  How about revisiting the Silver Centurion figure and making it correct?

It looks fine, but nothing I want, I am perfectly happy with the 80th IM, I actually would rather have the metallic paints, the face sculpt is meh I wouldn't even display him without the helmet, now if this figure came with a bottle of bourbon hahaha.

I honestly just can't believe within a year span we got almost 2 of the same figures, and Hasbro thinks we need to be buying em all, the Shang Chi wave figure was good enough, they should have just left that and waited some time and gave us something more accurate.

Personally for me this beats 80, it has that very Kirby Avengers look thanks to great head sculpt that makes it more visually interesting than previous version.   Only issue is price point and the size of Unmasked head that is way too oversized, no way unmasked head should be as wide as helmeted one, which makes it worthless for any costumed Tony head swap. 

On 3/12/2022 at 12:16 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"....I honestly just can't believe within a year span we got almost 2 of the same figures, and Hasbro thinks we need to be buying em all, the Shang Chi wave figure was good enough, they should have just left that and waited some time and gave us something more accurate..."

Exactly, well put. They already did the classic Iron Man so if they were going to do an homage to Toy Biz's first run, that's already done. Therefore, they should have either done the FA Red & Gold armor, with the flip-down "horned" face shield, antenna, radiating lines etc. or, since they're saying this is 20 years of Legends, do the MK I/II all gold variant. 

On 3/12/2022 at 11:59 PM, Atlantis said:

Exactly, well put. They already did the classic Iron Man so if they were going to do an homage to Toy Biz's first run, that's already done. Therefore, they should have either done the FA Red & Gold armor, with the flip-down "horned" face shield, antenna, radiating lines etc. or, since they're saying this is 20 years of Legends, do the MK I/II all gold variant. 

I was saying when they announced this figure, this figure should have been the MK 1, I know that it wasn't the figure released in the first wave of Legends 20 years ago, but it would have been perfect for this line regardless it's not like Hasbro doesn't fudge the lines anyways, but giving us a nice accurate comic MK 1 would have been excellent and people would have likely all jumped on it, but no they gave us this...

I love ironman armors but this one doesnt really matter to me. The jacked price tag also doesnt help its appeal. Im happy with my 80th and the other armors I have. Pretty disappointing. With this first wave of marvel legends anniversary, I was really hoping for a remake of the original lineup and not just random weird iterations of the same characters from wave 1 of toybiz run. I m so confused as to what the point was to even have them all be the same characters but so drastically different looking. 

On 3/13/2022 at 6:16 AM, EvilHayato said:

"...I was really hoping for a remake of the original lineup and not just random weird iterations of the same characters from wave 1 of toybiz run. I m so confused as to what the point was to even have them all be the same characters but so drastically different looking..."

Right! They claim its an "anniversary" or "celebration" of the Toybiz run but then come up with bizarre interpretations of the waves. Use the same body, stick on a different head, chuck in a postcard, then jack up the price and try to market it as something special. 

If they wanna look back 15-20 years ago at action figures, take a look at DC Universe Classics. Whereas Toybiz was doing 20-30+ points of articulation, Mattel wasn't near that. No double elbow/knee action here, and it stunk that you couldn't get Superman's head to turn up for a flying pose. But Mattel also wasn't giving Man wonky gibbon arms that dragged on the floor, or big knobby ball joints, either.

When those figures were made, you knew who they were. None of this Dr. Strange miscolored emblem nonsense. The female figures (which were not the best) still had legs that looked like they belonged on a woman, not these skinny, warped things Hasbro's been using. The figures looked the way the DC comics presented them, not somebody's "interpretation" (which really is just code for sloppy, lazy work). It still blows my mind that anyone thought that a marvel legends head of a guy with graphite gray hair and white eyebrows, could pass for Quicksilver. And don't get me started on that Sabertooth or Hulk. Its baffling that they're doing this and jacking up the price, but also that some fans are totally fine with it and will defend it.