Disney+ Ms. Marvel Trailer And Premier Date Of June 8

JayC

okay while it does look great, they are screwing up not only her powers but how she got them?! I get they don't want to bring in the Inhumans but for feck sake, magic bracelets?! Could they have just had some kind of experimental gas being release in her vicinity?  

Kamala is one of the best character Marvel has made in a long time but this is really taking the biscuit.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:22 AM, tarot said:

okay while it does look great, they are screwing up not only her powers but how she got them?! I get they don't want to bring in the Inhumans but for feck sake, magic bracelets?! Could they have just had some kind of experimental gas being release in her vicinity?  

Kamala is one of the best character Marvel has made in a long time but this is really taking the biscuit.

Looks like she found Quasars Quantum Bands

I'm with the "Quantum Bands" theory.  The powerset seems pretty similar.  She's basically a more sparkly Green Lantern.

Or maybe they've merged the Nega-Bands and Quantum Bands into the same thing.  Who knows?

Honestly not sure how I feel about the trailer.  Production wise it looks good but it really didn't feel like Kamala to me.  The full show may well end up changing my mind but so far this feels to me like the "least accurate" thing Marvel's done so far.  Maybe not necessarily a bad thing in the long run but it was not the best first impression for me personally.

It looks/feels the most "Disney" of anything Marvel's done so far.  I don't mean that in an entirely derogatory way, but it definitely has Nickelodeon/Disney YA show vibes.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:11 PM, leokearon said:

Yeah, I was thinking they could be a version of Quasar's bands.

Now her MCU Marvel Legends figure will have Fireball effects.

they usually don't give the same effects as the comic book ones (the other way around yes) so if she does they will be new.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:59 PM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

This is already giving me vibes this is geared for toddlers. Probably will be as unimpressive as the ending of Hawkeye or the whole book of boba.

Toddlers? so racial and religious issues are something Toddlers watch? Damn kid are advance for their age.

On 3/15/2022 at 6:02 PM, tarot said:

Toddlers? so racial and religious issues are something Toddlers watch? Damn kid are advance for their age.

I'll say. When I was a toddler, I was watching Bosco with Tongue Twisting aliens and magic doors that only went to Dublin Zoo

On 3/15/2022 at 12:59 PM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

This is already giving me vibes this is geared for toddlers. Probably will be as unimpressive as the ending of Hawkeye or the whole book of boba.

I wouldn't say toddlers, but as the comic is clearly geared towards the younger audience, I wouldn't be surprised if this show leaned that direction.

On 3/15/2022 at 6:17 PM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

Jumping to the end with out even asking a questions, like always huh @tarot

I'm talking about the adolescent lighting, the weak angles they are using to shoot, the lack of adult visuals,  the Junior high feel, the script, we already see a bunch High school drama. 

If you're going to be ignorant enough to assume something with out a question, I will surely tell you this show looks dumb and childish.

The series is geared towards teens. Ms. Marvel has always been one for younger audience. 

Also the style they are going for looks an awful like how Sony did the Spider-verse.

On 3/15/2022 at 6:33 PM, EUPHORICVIKING said:

LOL, what are you talking about? Spider-verse was animated, this is a live action movie... You read what i said but you didn't comprehend.

Yes, I am an adult and the X-men animated series seems more adult than this. When I said this looks like it's for toddlers I mean Disney is going to make something serious then take all seriousness away with a stupid half-witted joke two seconds later. It doesn't  seem like the stakes will ever actually feel high. That is what I'm saying. Comic books in general are geared toward kids, young teens and adults... I was reading Turok well before I was in Junior high.

You seem to have a problem with me for some reason but whatever. You probably won't listen to me anyway. This is gears toward teens and young adult.

Kamala is a very popular character for young people. that is why Disney is making it the way they are. The comic she is in have always been more light hearted and fun. Sure they may deal with the issue I mention above but they were never the main focus of the series. She is just a fun character and fun stories. She's comic fan. She is a superhero who just happens to be muslim. Why would they make a more mature show of something that is not gear toward mature audience?

I’m not sure I like the change of her powers/origin… but maybe, MAYBE, they’re giving this origin story to her to have her lose them, and THEN obtain her inhuman abilities? Maybe all within the same show. Who know, they always throw curved balls. I like the way it looks tho, the lighting and coloring looks appropriately contemporary.

Okay, the bracelet thing--assuming that's where her power comes from in the series-- looks like a mystical artifact, but the fact that Kamala described it as feeling "cosmic" makes me hopeful that it's something like the Quantum or Nega-Bands that other posters have said. Actually, I would be happy if they kept it all in the family and revealed that the bands were something Mar-Vell was tinkering with before the Tesseract. That would connect Kamala to Mar-Vell, which adds more substance to when Ms. Marvel meets Carol Danvers in THE MARVELS. 

On 3/15/2022 at 2:49 PM, memocromatico said:

I’m not sure I like the change of her powers/origin… but maybe, MAYBE, they’re giving this origin story to her to have her lose them, and THEN obtain her inhuman abilities? Maybe all within the same show. Who know, they always throw curved balls. I like the way it looks tho, the lighting and coloring looks appropriately contemporary.

I like this idea. Maybe the bands are the ones Quasar eventually wields but maybe they effect everyone differently. In Kamala's case it first unlocks then boosts her natural abilities and when she loses them or she removes them, a la Shang Chi's rings, her powers revert to their original state.

In reality I think this was done so the effects could be done on the cheap. I'm no expert in special effects but it seams the hard light looking constructs would be a lot easier to pull off than her powers as they appear in the book. Basically making her powers extend outward from her body than making it actually look like part of her body.

On 3/15/2022 at 11:14 PM, tarot said:

Okay after taking the last few hours breathing, I have calmed down and am down with the Quantum/Nega-Band idea. It ties in with Mar-Vell and could lead to Quasar being brought in at some point. 

Also given Kamala is a massive Carol fan, it would make more sense for her to have energy based powers like Carol (and Monica, given they are all going to be in the same movie as the Marvels)

I get why they changed her powers, it's one thing on the pages of comic book and animation and all another on the live action screen, thats why Mr. Fantastic always looked weird af in all the movies and something tells me they won't use much of Mr, Fantastic powers in new F4 movie, giving such power to a small girl would be even more weird looking especially for both older and the more young girl audience  that show/character  is geared to as role model.  As for her origin change Disney got X-Men back so nobody cares for Inhumans anymore. 

• 4 weeks later...