Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Shocker Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Bluecomet takes a look at the new Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Shocker from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Marvels_Shocker_By_Bluecomet_12.jpg

It's an improvement, but also a step back, while this is obviously a much better buck and overall mold, and it's new which is a plus, this figure just lacks that gusto without the painted quilting, literally baffles me why they couldn't have hit those quilting lines with some black paint, if that was the case this would have been easily a purchase to replace my previous Shocker, but the lazy no effort there really made me ultimately say no, I still do like the Sandman wave shocker and I decided to just stick with that.

On 3/15/2022 at 5:24 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"It's an improvement, but also a step back, while this is obviously a much better buck and overall mold, and it's new which is a plus, this figure just lacks that gusto without the painted quilting, literally baffles me why they couldn't have hit those quilting lines with some black paint...the lazy no effort there really made me ultimately say no..."

I hear and understand what you're saying here. The bottom line is, Hasbro Legends has been skimping on accurate detailing for some time now but at the same time steadily raising the price. Collectors are gonna get wise to that fact that continuing to pay for lazy work will just keep lazy work coming in. This figure is a good example- great figure, but always missing one or two areas that don't seem so bad, till you see how long they've been in business, how much they should know better, how they've done other figures perfectly off the page, and how high they're trying to jack these prices. I passed on "anniversary" Cap, Iron Man (no intent to get Hulk), Binary, Madame Hydra and Dr. Strange just to name a few all because of this.

Not only should they have darkened in those lines ( cheaped out on Spider-Man too!) but its WAY past time they did some new effects. Using these energy circles for Shocker is just as bad as using those silly "fire balls" for characters who never manifested their powers like that either.