Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Comic Based Doc Ock And Silk 2-Pack Revealed

JayC

That's a fantastic upgrade for Silk. This new webbing hand looks a thousand times better than the tacky thing the Fan Vote version (and Julia Carpenter) came with. And that headsculpt is also great, Silk finally looks Korean. Setting aside the pinless body since Hasbro was barely getting started with them back then, this is what the Fan Vote release should have looked like.

Silk never looked better. Beautiful head sculpt. But then again the first two were beautiful as well. They just didn't have quite the right look. I like the Shriek buck. It's head and shoulders above that spindly Kate Bishop buck. I just hope they intend on making some other new female bucks for women of all sizes and fitness level. But as a start this buck is great as the standard female buck.

Oh man I really want this for Doc Ock, damn I'm going to have to get this, need the Ock, not really the Silk, but it is beautiful and a better body. Guess I'm getting this, will put the long hair silk head on this figure, perfect Silk.

but Hah on making that Silk fan vote seem all so pointless, wish we got the Sif now instead, darn.

Love the Silk on the new body, I'm getting this set for sure, but several things about it disappoint me. While I like Silk being on the new body and with the fantastic new head and web effect, we just got this costume recently, so it would have been great for this to have been the webbing costume. Regardless, I am going to get this because my fan vote Silk was left on card.

Doc Ock is another story, that figure hasn't been out for years and it's gone up a lot in price, but I'm still disappointed with this one a bit. I would have loved bendy wires in these tentacles, but it's not so much that as it is the medium he's being released. I wanted him on the retro card, and with his inclusion here, that seems pretty unlikely now.

Great to see Silk upgraded on that new body, gives me hope that maybe Elektra will be next one to get these sweet pinless double joints, I also hope they include that absolutely fantastic unmasked head sculpt previous Silks had, which are super hard to find for normal price. Doc Ock is fine but obviously bendable tentacles would rock, maybe some day we will get it.   

I hate to tell people who are thinking of putting the long hair version on this but Cindy moon has been sport the bobcut since she got her ongoing series making it her default look.

https://images.app.goo.gl/W889RuRdv6Gv3aM9A

https://images.app.goo.gl/v5ymxoGhbu9auhaL9

https://images.app.goo.gl/FBPzQ68FMPdenq6L7

Nice set but I have both figures and im good with my Doc Ock and am not as big of a fan of Silk to need an updated version of her, still im curious with what accesories theyll come, Im betting Cindy will come with the both previous heads and hands and Doc will probably come with a couple extra hands.

On 3/17/2022 at 8:25 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Has Silk ever interacted with 70s/80s Doc Ock, or is this just a completely random pairing of figures? They do look good.

I don't even think the era's are even a part of the equation. I think Hasbro just sometimes puts out a product that they just think they could have done better. In Silk's case it's actually 2, but I think simply cuz they have to do some kind of theme context they do it in a multipack that maybe has just some loose tie-in. One might harken back to the Psylocke/Phantomex/Nimrod multipack. It's just an added bonus that they get us to pay pretty much full price for figures that just take minor paint and deco and maybe a new head sculpt for them to do again.

It's funny, that new head sculpt for Doc Ock reminds me of the head sculpt they did on the Toybiz Retro Hulk figure. Something about the crazy oversized mouth and scowl.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:25 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Has Silk ever interacted with 70s/80s Doc Ock, or is this just a completely random pairing of figures? They do look good.

Not sure what the price point of this two pack is, but considering what they've been doing recently its gonna be up there. And in order for me to even consider paying that, there needs to be something other than repaints. It wouldn't matter if the characters were randomly chosen or not. Red Wolf and Dr. Spectrum? I'm down. Equinox and Deathbird? Holla at ya boy. As long as they're ACCURATE you can take my money. But half-hashin' it ain't gonna cut it.

This 2 pack looks nice, especially Silk, but I already have a Silk and a Doc Ock that fits my tastes. Not incredibly attached to Silk as a character and with higher prices, just not worth the purchase for me. 

The newly announced Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Comic Based Doc Ock And Silk 2-Pack from Hasbro is now available for pre-order on the Amazon website.

- MARVEL COMICS-INSPIRED DESIGN: Fans, collectors, and kids alike can enjoy this 6-inch scale 60th Anniversary Marvel’s Silk and Doctor Octopus 2-pack inspired by the characters’ appearances in Marvel Comics!s.

- CLASSIC DOC OCK: This 6-inch Doctor Octopus figure features deco and inspired by his classic Marvel comics appearance, his iconic tentacles, and alternate head and hand accessories!

- SILKEN WEBSLINGER: This 6-inch Marvel’s Silk features the deco inspired by the character’s classic Marvel comics costume, and includes alternate masked head and alternate hands accessories!

SPIDER-MAN 60th ANNIVERSARY FIGURES: Look for other Hasbro Marvel Legends Series figures celebrating 60 amazing years of Spider-Man! (Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

Dan Yun just tweeted the 2pk might be a little late going up for pre-order so stay-tuned.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg