Amazon Exclusive Marvel Legends Comic Based Doc Ock And Silk 2-Pack Revealed

JayC

On 3/17/2022 at 12:36 PM, EraserMachine said:

Thanks! It wasn't showing up under "Marvel Legends Silk," or even just "Marvel Legends."

Anybody found this on UK Amazon yet? (Or are we doing the usual: Hoping on a random time when it still doesn't show up in the search results, so you have to scour everywhere you can imagine for a link with a mysterious code, crossing your fingers it's still there or you get the chance to be notified of the minute and a half it's added again? Lol) 

$56 for this 2-pack. Yikes! I still bit though. I've long regretted not picking up the Doc Ock from the Lizard series and am still using the Toy Biz version. I have the first Silk figure release, skipped the 2nd. This one looks like a clear upgrade. Not coming out until October though....

On 3/17/2022 at 5:42 PM, PSPS13 said:

Anybody found this on UK Amazon yet? (Or are we doing the usual: Hoping on a random time when it still doesn't show up in the search results, so you have to scour everywhere you can imagine for a link with a mysterious code, crossing your fingers it's still there or you get the chance to be notified of the minute and a half it's added again? Lol) 

Just order it from the us side. It will save you alot of headaches 

On 3/17/2022 at 6:03 PM, tarot said:

Just order it from the us side. It will save you alot of headaches 

Certainly saves some hassle, but increases others- ie. one that my circumstances make non-negotiable: cost. Here, postage is free with Prime- from across the sea, the base/unit price is lower, but by the time I pay postage and duty/import charges- just makes this unmanageable. International orders are just becoming untenable, especially with all costs up before shipping's even taken into account (and the UK being in one of the worst economic messes, globally, means I'm hanging onto collecting by a thread, now). Thanks, though- in better circumstances it'd be a fine solution. 

On 3/17/2022 at 9:48 AM, Reno said:

$56 for this 2-pack. Yikes! I still bit though. I've long regretted not picking up the Doc Ock from the Lizard series and am still using the Toy Biz version.

Thats about the only real justification I could see for getting this, anyone who missed the previous Doc Ock.

I don't think 56 is too much for this considering each figure cost between 23 to 25. There is also the case that Ock would have been considered a deluxe nowadays. Lastly its part of an anniversary line, and they usually run higher then a normal ml. 

Not saying its not dare but the math works for it.

On 3/17/2022 at 4:05 PM, tarot said:

I don't think 56 is too much for this considering each figure cost between 23 to 25. There is also the case that Ock would have been considered a deluxe nowadays. Lastly its part of an anniversary line, and they usually run higher then a normal ml. 

Not saying its not dare but the math works for it.

Except even at $25 each that should only be $50. I mean if you want it I wouldnt hesitate over $5 but still.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:56 PM, tarot said:

yes but like I said it is also part of an anniversary line and they are usually more expensive especially with the special packaging.

Hasbro charging premiums for a sticker that says "Spider-Man 60th anniversary"

Wait what?? Doc Ock / Silk 2 pack?!? I was posting on this site at around 9pm ( half an hour before this thread was posted it turns out) and just jumped on after work today and this was posted and sold out before I ever heard about it haha GD that was quick

ie be super annoyed with Hasbro if I gave a crap about either figure but man, what a blink and missed it release!!

Ok, I crunched the numbers lol. Back in 2018 when the anniversary lines started, normal releases were 20, single anniversary figures were 25, 2-packs were 50. Nowadays, normal releases are 25, if we use the same system as 2018/19/20, we would get anniversary figures at 31.25 and 2-packs at 62.50. You can complain about the overall price hike all you want, but this 2-pack is nonetheless significantly less than it "should" be, given the separate anniversary line increase.