Hasbro Teases Marvel Legends X-Men: Animated Series Jean Grey Figure

JayC

On 3/22/2022 at 5:22 PM, tarot said:

as far as I can tell, the only thing they changed besides the cell shading, is swapping the hairs around. After the last four I suppose there was much to change for this except maybe added effect pieces. 

Wasn't that supposed to have been the original way the figure was supposed to be, but then they changed to faces prior to the three packs release.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, leokearon said:

Wasn't that supposed to have been the original way the figure was supposed to be, but then they changed to faces prior to the three packs release.

Good point, completely forgot about that.

Also were people really expecting this to be more than just a straight repaint? I mean the LT version was basically only given the ponytail head to represent this version. They aren't going to do much more for something they did already.

As for the price, while expected because they are all rising, I have to agree this is way too much for what is essentially a figure in a paper wrap in a cardboard box (same as the Army Builders). Is paying the artist for the work and the cell shading really costing that much?

On 3/23/2022 at 4:34 AM, Hogun said:

No psychic effects. No new heads and it is more expensive. Why even bother, Hasbro?

I was disappointed too..box art shows her psychic effect. With that price point, I agree they should have added it like what they did for wolverine and Jubilee..there was accessories..this one was straight out repaint from love triangle 3 pack. Just my opinion though, I'm sure others will see this as a great opportunity to get her which is ok.

On 3/23/2022 at 5:27 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Just like I expected, except the paint deco is worse, I hope nobody thought any of these figures would be anything but a new paint job 99% of the time.

spacer.png

I agree, at least jubilee and Wolverine got accessories .. this one none, the headsculpt is no better or did not change to match animated series look.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:11 PM, Bluecomet said:

I agree, at least jubilee and Wolverine got accessories .. this one none, the headsculpt is no better or did not change to match animated series look.

Yeah but as usual only a select figure or two get anything new, but ultimately this is just a way to re-release old figures with a gimmick, and it's fine, tons of people are interested in these, the whole concept on paper and in reality is an easy pass for me, but I don't think I expected any of these to be new figures and not just re-decos.

with all that being said I'd likely buy a Professor X if they made one, only because I don't have a Prof X 🥲, so many reasons why that happened hA.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:17 PM, RyanDaly said:

Is it me, or are these facial paints/sculpts not good? They're not retro Sue Storm bad, but they look pretty bad to me. Also, they don't really look like Jean from the cartoon. Wasn't that the point?

Yeah they are the same heads with new colors as the Love Triangle Jean, but these images make these faces a bit worse, but I think that's just images, since the face in promo images on the LT Jean looked this shruggable, but Yeah no, like I said above this isn't actually about anything animated other then cell shading and new boxes, it's just a vessel for re-releases. so It all looks par for the course.

On 3/22/2022 at 3:24 PM, tarot said:

if Prof X comes in the safari suit, it would be an tempting buy from me.

Yeah that's the hope for me, but he needs a hover chair or a wheel chair at least, I don't just want a savage land cured able to stand Xavier.

no chair I'd likely not be sold.

I dont really know what I was thinking with this but this mold... its just so boring. They somehow made it more unappealing imo. And with an added up on the price, with nothing really new outside of the paint work, which also doesnt really look that great, just doesnt seem worth it. I guess I ll just stick with my phoenix until they inevitably re-re-release her again with a more fitting head and regular paint apps and be $40 with maybe a new effect piece. Happy for those that love it, not my bag. 

On 3/22/2022 at 11:51 PM, monron999 said:

Is anyone else starting to suspect Hasbro and Marvel moved so quickly to complete the Jim Lee era X-Men so they could easily transition to this cartoon tie-in?

What Hasbro making figures, so they can reuse the mold? Perish the thought

I was on the fence for this as I love this series having grown up watching the show (like a lot of other collectors here). Seeing the in hand reviews of Sinister and Wolverine started to push me to give in. The Storm looks ok and I was about to commit, that is until I saw this Jean Grey. Totally killed it for me to go in on this line.