Marvel Legends Retro Collection Symbiote Spider-Man Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Bluecomet takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Retro Collection Symbiote Spider-Man from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Symbiote_Spider_Man_By_Bluecomet_16.jpg

The 80’s were a high point for redesigned heroes. Rarely since has such a drastic change from the original been so well received and fondly remembered.

during this era Marvel also struck gold with The Captain, Armored Thor and the Silver Centurion to name a few. I honestly cant think  of any other time when so many of my favorite heroes had design changes that I’ve loved as much as these. 

This is why I was looking forward to this suit. Really just missing Armored Thor and I guess a dedicated comic grey Hulk and we would have all classic redesigns 

On 3/24/2022 at 1:18 PM, McHogan said:

"The 80’s were a high point for redesigned heroes. Rarely since has such a drastic change from the original been so well received and fondly remembered....This is why I was looking forward to this suit...."

Yeah, I miss the 80s.

If someone had told me this was the original design for Spider-Man before we got the classic blue & red, I could see it. Its simple, yet dynamic, and evokes a spider a helluva lot more than his actual costume. Now, if I had to only choose one, I'd go with the classic. 

The new body buck is about as perfect for this figure as one can get. Now we just need Iron Spider and then a re-issue of the classic suit, but with the underwebs this time.

Love this figure, I am not surprised this figure is like the best selling Legend of the last few years, seems like I will never get my hands on this for a reasonable price, it's never in stock anywhere, and when it is it's already marked up, I have had no luck with my pre-orders I made at Gamestop, both in Store and Online didn't come through, Amazon has it for pre-order in Canada from Amazon itself for 69.99, It's certainly the most desired figure, the Retro Spidey himself was easier to get then this. It looks amazing I can get why it's got such attention, I at this point have just decided I won't get it, it's not really high priority for me I'd pay scalper prices.

I really wish I could find this dang thing without paying OVER the msrp... I have it on preorder at EE but they went from April to friggin November.. like wut. Its possibly the only way Im going to be able to get him. 

On 3/29/2022 at 11:53 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Love this figure, I am not surprised this figure is like the best selling Legend of the last few years, seems like I will never get my hands on this for a reasonable price, it's never in stock anywhere, and when it is it's already marked up, I have had no luck with my pre-orders I made at Gamestop, both in Store and Online didn't come through, Amazon has it for pre-order in Canada from Amazon itself for 69.99, It's certainly the most desired figure, the Retro Spidey himself was easier to get then this. It looks amazing I can get why it's got such attention, I at this point have just decided I won't get it, it's not really high priority for me I'd pay scalper prices.

I would actually argue that the Retro spidey was JUST as bad.. at least for me. Which I was never able to acquire. 

On 3/30/2022 at 11:32 AM, EvilHayato said:

I really wish I could find this dang thing without paying OVER the msrp... I have it on preorder at EE but they went from April to friggin November.. like wut. Its possibly the only way Im going to be able to get him. 

I would actually argue that the Retro spidey was JUST as bad.. at least for me. Which I was never able to acquire. 

Yeah I didn't have any problem with Retro Spidey, but I did have a feeling I might have gotten lucky, because it certainly seems you are not alone, that might be the most scalped/most wanted figure of the last decade, but this new Black suit seems like it's coming for that spot.

it's insane to think that Hasbro just couldn't make more Spider-Manz , like more more, but I think they did, it's just every tom, dick and jane will be clamouring for a classic spider-man, even if they never owned a legend.

but I'd say good things coming with the 60th anniversary, all of those people who need more classic spidey items in their life probably will be getting them, but I'm sure we will see the same turbo man trampling to get those items.

On 3/30/2022 at 2:34 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

it's insane to think that Hasbro just couldn't make more Spider-Manz , like more more, but I think they did, it's just every tom, dick and jane will be clamouring for a classic spider-man, even if they never owned a legend.

but I'd say good things coming with the 60th anniversary, all of those people who need more classic spidey items in their life probably will be getting them, but I'm sure we will see the same turbo man trampling to get those items.

It took less than an hour for amazon to go out of stock on symbiote and then it never went back to msrp except one other time that I know of and I was too late.. after that they had their resellers selling for double and never any less. I used to think online shopping was the easiest to get the things I wanted as my area is fuuuuulll of scalpers and I just cant deal with doing toy hunting anymore. So with the 60th stuff, Im just as worried. This stuff is preorders, which seems weird that they would "sell out" instead of like what neca does and use it as a stock count of what is to be made. But I understand the system, they all have an allotted amount they are able to sell before even having said product in stock. 

On 3/30/2022 at 1:41 PM, EvilHayato said:

It took less than an hour for amazon to go out of stock on symbiote and then it never went back to msrp except one other time that I know of and I was too late.. after that they had their resellers selling for double and never any less. I used to think online shopping was the easiest to get the things I wanted as my area is fuuuuulll of scalpers and I just cant deal with doing toy hunting anymore. So with the 60th stuff, Im just as worried. This stuff is preorders, which seems weird that they would "sell out" instead of like what neca does and use it as a stock count of what is to be made. But I understand the system, they all have an allotted amount they are able to sell before even having said product in stock. 

I wouldn't stress too much. I think Amazon will get more in stock in the future. Especially since other places like Entertainment Earth are still taking preorders for it.

On 3/31/2022 at 12:47 PM, Emnems80 said:

I wouldn't stress too much. I think Amazon will get more in stock in the future. Especially since other places like Entertainment Earth are still taking preorders for it.

Id hope so as BBTS also has it for preorder for April but it seems like the minute they are up is the minute they sell out. 😕 . Its pretty obnoxious. 

On 3/31/2022 at 9:51 AM, EvilHayato said:

Id hope so as BBTS also has it for preorder for April but it seems like the minute they are up is the minute they sell out. 😕 . Its pretty obnoxious. 

I originally bought three from Amazon and now I wish I bought six! One of the three has a jacked up arm. I've been trying to get at least one more from Target but that's been even more difficult.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:01 AM, Emnems80 said:

I'll probably do that soon or I just may use it for custom fodder. I was just able to snag two more from Pulse recently.

Really hitting me with the jealousy hard with your flex comments. Got 3 here, got another 2 for msrp from their site.. im over here like can i get one for msrp from anywhere? I have to wait til november to get my potentially guaranteed 1. 

On 4/4/2022 at 1:04 PM, EvilHayato said:

Really hitting me with the jealousy hard with your flex comments. Got 3 here, got another 2 for msrp from their site.. im over here like can i get one for msrp from anywhere? I have to wait til november to get my potentially guaranteed 1. 

Yeah I gotta say yeah Eminem80 is flexing on us hard, I don't want to seem petty, but it does feel a bit jabby, keep info like that to one's self I say, like when someone posts on instragram or whatever them buying 3 of a figure, I get it 1 to open, 1 to keep in box, and one for yer aunt, but can you just post 1 pic, keep it to yerself, when you tell everyone you bought 5 figures, it makes the thirsty people go well why can't we have any water?

just sayiiiiinng 😄

On 4/4/2022 at 10:04 AM, EvilHayato said:

On 4/4/2022 at 9:51 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah I gotta say yeah Eminem80 is flexing on us hard, I don't want to seem petty, but it does feel a bit jabby, keep info like that to one's self I say, like when someone posts on instragram or whatever them buying 3 of a figure, I get it 1 to open, 1 to keep in box, and one for yer aunt, but can you just post 1 pic, keep it to yerself, when you tell everyone you bought 5 figures, it makes the thirsty people go well why can't we have any water?

just sayiiiiinng 😄

My apologies, I wasn't trying to rub it in the face of my fellow collectors. I was just trying to show that there's still hope to get the figure.

On 4/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, Emnems80 said:

My apologies, I wasn't trying to rub it in the face of my fellow collectors. I was just trying to show that there's still hope to get the figure.

spacer.png

It's all good, you don't actually need to apologize for doing you, I was being at least 60% jokester, 40% actually jealous

😊

On 4/5/2022 at 12:19 PM, Emnems80 said:

I was being real and super jealous, the struggle is real (for some of us) When you come across another 10, let me and LS know, maybe hook up your fellow collectors 😉 😉 Spread that collector love XD 

• 1 month later...

I am happy to announce that I finally got myself one! EE order I had since I think December or January finally came in. Thankfully it came out sooner than November like it said altho it still says that for any new preorders. This fig is amazing. Far better than the sandman wave, altho Im glad I have both. 

On 5/7/2022 at 7:40 PM, EvilHayato said:

I am happy to announce that I finally got myself one! EE order I had since I think December or January finally came in. Thankfully it came out sooner than November like it said altho it still says that for any new preorders. This fig is amazing. Far better than the sandman wave, altho Im glad I have both. 

Glad you got yourself one!!! 🙌