Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Hobgoblin Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Bluecomet takes a look at the new Spider-Man Marvel Legends Retro Collection Hobgoblin from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_01.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_02.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_03.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_04.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_05.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_06.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_07.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_08.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_09.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_10.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_11.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_12.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_13.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_14.jpg

Spider_Man_Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Hobgoblin_By_Bluecomet_15.jpg

I do not think it is worth the purchase. Even for those who do not own the original Space Venom version. A complete quick and cheap cash grab on Hasbro's part. I always prefer quality over quantity and in this case. I prefer paying more for the Space Venom version than this cheap imitation.

On 3/24/2022 at 4:42 AM, Hogun said:

I do not think it is worth the purchase. Even for those who do not own the original Space Venom version. A complete quick and cheap cash grab on Hasbro's part. I always prefer quality over quantity and in this case. I prefer paying more for the Space Venom version than this cheap imitation.

Agreed, this figure is the weakest Hasbro release this year.  And it's damn shame for Hobgoblin, who is one of the most visually interesting Spidey villains and look nothing like comics or animated series version. Maybe they can give us better Hobgoblin in possible VHS series. But damn how hard can it be to give us this Headsculpt.....

spacer.png

On 3/23/2022 at 8:58 PM, SpiderS said:

Agreed, this figure is the weakest Hasbro release this year.  And it's damn shame for Hobgoblin, who is one of the most visually interesting Spidey villains and look nothing like comics or animated series version. Maybe they can give us better Hobgoblin in possible VHS series. But damn how hard can it be to give us this Headsculpt.....

spacer.png

Cant be too hard when Toybiz gave us a perfect headsculpt 10+ years ago. Sheer perfection outside of the dated limbs/articulation. 

ToyBiz – Spider-Man Classics Hobgoblin

Got this thing for the classic colors only. On sale for sure. Gotta love Gamestop for some of those sales, and really low minimums for free shipping. If this had been the only Hobgoblin they did it would have been find, but the previous effort is better. What's really weird about this one is that it has somehow been slimmed down for a strange reason. It's the same mold. It has the same detail. It's just quite a bit thinner than the first one, which is totally backwards of how it should have been if they were going for the classic Hobgoblin. When he was being drawn by the likes of John Romita, Sal Buscema and Mike Zeck, even though his physical statistics are around the same as Spider-Man's, he was drawn a bit larger and broader. It's like they should have switch the body molds and paint apps. Not sure what the whole point of scaling the Goblin mold down is about, unless it's purely to cut down on material costs. But seriously, how much material is that gonna really save? Leave it to Hasbro to make sense of senseless decisions.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:29 AM, monron999 said:

Got this thing for the classic colors only. On sale for sure. Gotta love Gamestop for some of those sales, and really low minimums for free shipping. If this had been the only Hobgoblin they did it would have been find, but the previous effort is better. What's really weird about this one is that it has somehow been slimmed down for a strange reason. It's the same mold. It has the same detail. It's just quite a bit thinner than the first one, which is totally backwards of how it should have been if they were going for the classic Hobgoblin. When he was being drawn by the likes of John Romita, Sal Buscema and Mike Zeck, even though his physical statistics are around the same as Spider-Man's, he was drawn a bit larger and broader. It's like they should have switch the body molds and paint apps. Not sure what the whole point of scaling the Goblin mold down is about, unless it's purely to cut down on material costs. But seriously, how much material is that gonna really save? Leave it to Hasbro to make sense of senseless decisions.

Not quite the same mold. They took out the scales which bulk the arms and legs up more which is why you see this one being slimmer. also different boots and different wrist bands. And alot less detail in general. 

On 3/24/2022 at 9:44 AM, EvilHayato said:

Not quite the same mold. They took out the scales which bulk the arms and legs up more which is why you see this one being slimmer. also different boots and different wrist bands. And alot less detail in general. 

I did not notice that. Thanks. There you go, really there is little reason for this thing to exist at all if not just for the more classic colors. The storage bin it is.

Yeah I can't say I love this Hobgoblin there is a ton to be desired here, the previous version was so much better, this one's colors are too bright and jarring, is it supposed to be animated is it supposed to be comic, it's a weird mishmash, I can't decide where I really stand on this figure, I like it because it's Hobgoblin, but don't like it because I think it's only an okay release, I however Played Hasbro's game and bought it, I never had ever gotten a decent chance at the previous version I never saw it in a retail store, and it's aftermarket prices are insanity, so I just settled with this, I'm trying to like it, but it;s hard.