ML Custom Classic Iron Fist!!

Lucid_Silverback

The recipe is pretty straightforward.  The body is Hasbro's Hydra agent from the Mandroid BAF wave, the head is the bandana-wearing Punisher head from the Walgreens exclusive --whittled down and resculpted, with the flowing tails extricated and repositioned. The hands are from Shang Chi, and the belt tails are from the original Iron Fist figure.

The collar itself is actually cut from the lid from a 30oz container of Temptations cat snacks, chicken flavor.  Wait.  What?

Anyway, I included a couple WIP shots for anyone interested.  Check it out...

20220325_114736.jpg

20220325_114650.jpg

20220325_114230.jpg

20220325_114151.jpg

20220325_212234.jpg

20220306_184954.jpg

20220314_095146.jpg

Outstanding! I've hoped that they would use the exact head from the Dr. Strange Dormammu wave (7 years ago) because its perfect, but this one looks amazing too! Love that collar too. And the special effect is where Hasbro should be going; the ball of flame thing just isn't how Iron Fist's powers manifest. Hasbro.....take notes!!

On 3/27/2022 at 4:57 AM, SpiderS said:

That looks sweet! Good job! Makes me sad that Hasbro still couldn't figure out how to do decent Iron Fist, maybe with new body mold of Vulcan we will get good one.

I'm thinking keep the head from the last Iron Fist they did;  he should go on the Spider-Man/ Shang-Chi mold. Use the metallic green they did for the vintage Vision but make it darker like @Lucid_Silverback did here. What a great job this is.

This is the one we need. The classic Iron Fist with the popped collar is the one we've been missing since the current ML series began. While I don't think the previous versions are bad, and I'm a big fan of the Pizza Spidey buck, I think it was just a little small. We need this version on either the Bucky Cap buck (it's still a great looking buck) or the new Vulcan buck, with a buncha extra hand sculpts like the white version from the Odin BAF wave. Or at the very least, they can make it where those hands included with that figure are compatible with a new one. That being said, I have no doubt that if and when they do get around to doing this version it will be on the already played out Sunfire buck. After waiting all this time for it I hope they at least get it to be half way as good as this one looks. I'm hoping that there's some kind of Power Man & Iron Fist two pack in the works some time in the near future. It's way past time to make that happen. Add to that that we need a modern Power Man. Every one they've done to this point has been as an exclusive. That has to have been a complete oversight, doesn't it. Now that we've gotten a suitable replacement for the Hyperion buck it would be a perfect time for a general release for Luke Cage.

Also, I love the way @Lucid_Silverbackshares pics and details on the process. Most customizers keep their secrets close to their vest. I love to see the different methods people use to get various results. Thanks for that.

• 1 year later...

Out of the blue today, thinking about Gil Kane's work and the special effect he so often used (created?). If Kirby had the "Kirby Krackle" then Gil had this swirling, "chemical" trail and its odd it hasn't made it to 3d plastic form yet. John Byrne is probably who most people associate with Iron Fist and well they should, but Gil Kane was his first artist and his style set the stage for him. 

With the recent release of Power Man I know a lot of fans expect Iron Fist to be next; I hope they won't jack up his torso to accommodate the collar of his outfit. The ab crunch will still be fine.