Thor Love And Thunder Hallmark Ornament Gives New Look At Thor's Costume - Could Marvel Legends Reveals Be Far Behind? (Very Minor Spoilers)

JayC

Images for a new Hallmark ornament from the upcoming Thor: Love And Thunder movie have hit the internet and with it we get a new look at Thor and his new costume.

We've already seen some previous Thor: Love And Thunder product officially revealed including an S.H. Figuarts version of Thor, however this is the first time we are really seeing the new headgear for the outfit other than on a LEGO mini-figure.

Now I have seen indications we may be getting the official reveal for Hasbro's Marvel Legends Thor movie wave as early as tomorrow (3/29). Last time I checked, that was a tentative thing but if not tomorrow then likely soon. We have yet to get the first official trailer for the movie which opens in theaters on July 8, 2022. I don't know if the Marvel Legends wave reveals hinge on the trailer coming out first or not.

On 3/28/2022 at 8:48 AM, tarot said:

Oh so they are going with the armored suit homage this movie. Is an eric masterson thor that far behind?

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a (standard) Masterson Thor pop up as an exclusive (using the 80th Classic Thor mold) somewhere this year.  "Armored" version would seem like something that would pop up in a comic Avengers wave or maybe a comic-based Thor wave if they ever did one of those.

Definitely a nod to his classic armored look, and I definitely, totally hope that (the comic look) is in the works. Any Simonson-era version of Thor and any character from that hallowed story arc are instant purchases for me! Kurse, Skurj, Balder, Beta-Ray Bill, Hela, Sif, the Warriors Three....sigh. That there is a whole lotta Toyetic awesome!

I realize that this is in reference to the MCU wave, but I would so love a comic based Thor wave separate from the movie stuff: Volstagg BAF, Fandral, Hogun, Kurse, Heimdall, Excecutioner, Balder and of course some required version of Thor. That would be fantastic!

That's very bright and antithesis to more muted realistic look Thor had before, I have to see it on the screen to have final opinion but I definitely like design on it's own but would prefer more muted colors, it also worth remembering how often Marvel movies have much different designs in actual movies compared to merchandise that comes out before. 

I don't know how I feel about the gold sleeves..I think the look is better without them, like in one of the leaked posters. I like that the helmet is back, but don't like this particular helmet to be honest (no problem with the design of it). I think they should remove the blue or just go with a different colour alltogether, but then it wouldn't fit in that well with the overall look they're going for (the matching colours of the whole outfit). A silver helmet wouldn't look that bad I guess, but the silver elements on his suit are very minor.  

The more they show of this suit the more I’m torn

first reveal through concept art I hated it

then I saw the SH Figuarts and I’m like “eh, this could be cool”

Hallmark ornament is revealed and I’m back to hating it. 

Seeing it as a nod to the classic Armored look and I kinda dig it. But the colors are more bright.

guess I’ll make the final call once I see Hasbro’s offering. I’ll be getting it either way I suppose

i admit at first i wasn't a big fan of Thor's new look, but this ornament makes it look more amazing than what i can recall, then again i might as well wait to see future promo looks and see if my mind changes or not.