Hot Toys Teases Spider-Man: No Way Home 1/6 Electro Figure

JayC

While his portrayal in this movie was a hundred times better than the previous version, both visually and dialog wise, I feel Electro was miscast from the jump. His story is that he was some insignificant, slight 90 pound weakling with a deadbeat dad and abandonment issues and a helicopter mom who couldn't get any respect, so of course, they cast a good looking, fit, stylish and charismatic actor to play the role. Yeah, you can spit shine and slick his hair down and have him try to fake and overbite and slumped posture and dress him in windbreakers and vests all you want. I wasn't buying it and I think the general consensus was that no one else really did either. This unfortunate miscast and the terrible, ridiculous, laughable casting and design of the Rhino most likely compounded the issues and reasoning of why the 3rd movie wasn't given the green light.

This figure looks amazing though, as what's usually expected from Hot Toys, but also as usual, just a bit more than I'm willing to pay for.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:41 AM, monron999 said:

This unfortunate miscast and the terrible, ridiculous, laughable casting and design of the Rhino most likely compounded the issues and reasoning of why the 3rd movie wasn't given the green light.

I heard about a party where the President of Sony requested Andrew and he never went, that and the under performing box office...

On 3/30/2022 at 10:39 PM, icematta said:

I heard about a party where the President of Sony requested Andrew and he never went, that and the under performing box office...

Yeah, that among many other issues. But, as I said, I think a large part of it underperforming at the box office was that it was cast so poorly.

Something tells me with the way NWH brought in the dollars, Garfield wouldn't make the mistake of ghosting Sony again.

On 3/31/2022 at 7:30 AM, monron999 said:

Yeah, that among many other issues. But, as I said, I think a large part of it underperforming at the box office was that it was cast so poorly.

Something tells me with the way NWH brought in the dollars, Garfield wouldn't make the mistake of ghosting Sony again.

I really loved the chemistry between Andrew and Emma, one of the highlights for me in the movies, but the rest of the cast was out of place, but maybe it wasn't the actors, but the script...

On 4/1/2022 at 12:36 AM, icematta said:

I really loved the chemistry between Andrew and Emma, one of the highlights for me in the movies, but the rest of the cast was out of place, but maybe it wasn't the actors, but the script...

Agreed. In fact, I will say I think Garfield is the best Peter Parker and Emma really sold it as Gwen. The rest of the cast, while not bad actors. almost seemed like they were just thrown in as place holders and then never properly cast. Seriously, Dane DeHaan as Harry Osborn? Harry Styles maybe. To be honest, if they needed Jamie Foxx's star power they could have cast him as Alistair Smythe or even Norman Osborn and given those characters a more prominent role. On the flip, they coulda cast either of the actors who played Smythe or Harry as Electro and I think it woulda ended up better in the end. Maybe something along the line of Electro being the current threat, but Smythe pulling he strings behind the scenes and setting him up as the bigger threat in part 3.

• 4 weeks later...
Electro is back, and he’s stronger than ever. Jamie Foxx returns as classic Spidey villain Electro, last seen in The Amazing Spider-Man 2, opposite the web-slinger played by Andrew Garfield. In Spider-Man: No Way Home, Tom Holland’s Peter Parker accidentally cracks open the Multiverse via a Doctor Strange-spell gone horribly wrong and finds himself face to face with this new foe, Electro.

Adding variety to your Spider-Man: No Way Home collection, Hot Toys is thrilled to present the power boosted Electro as 1/6th scale collectible figure inspired by his new look.

Meticulously crafted based on Electro’s appearance in the movie, the movie-accurate figure features a newly developed head sculpt of Max Dillon a.k.a. Electro with stunning likeness; a detail recreation of his practical outfit with real-like cables; lightning effect accessories including a star-shaped mask inspired by his original design from comic pages; and a figure stand.

Ellectro-01.jpg

Ellectro-02.jpg

Ellectro-03.jpg

Ellectro-04.jpg

Ellectro-05.jpg

Ellectro-06.jpg

Ellectro-07.jpg

Ellectro-08.jpg

Ellectro-09.jpg

Ellectro-10.jpg

Ellectro-11.jpg

Ellectro-12.jpg