Marvel Select Shop Disney Comic Based Moon Knight Figure Coming April 4th

JayC

In celebration of the new Disney+ Moon Knight series premiering today, ShopDisney has begun promoting that they will be opening pre-orders starting on April 4 for a new exclusive Marvel Select 7" Comic Based Moon Knight figure from Diamond Select Toys.

Now I used the word new loosely here as this is pretty much the same Marvel Select Moon Knight figure that DST originally released back in 2006.

From the teaser image released which you can see below of the updated figure, it looks like the mask will now be white as opposed to black and the moon crescent symbol on the chest and the trim on the gloves is now gold instead of white. His crescent shaped boomerang is also now gold instead of white and don't know if the Khonshu diorama piece that was included with the original figure will also be included with this new version. We should get more details on April 4 when it goes up on the ShopDisney website.

Marvel-Select-ShopDisney-Moon-Knight.jpg

i thought it was amusing that DST was re-releasing figures, but now it seems like a hack job, the same sculpt from 2006, nah that's too ancient, there are tons of things about this figure that are so outdated and just ugly aesthetically, bad balljoint hips, too much sculpt work that looks way too much like it reflects the year it came out, they should have just tried to make something new, we know DST can do so much better, and have been really putting out some nice figures as of recent, this is not a nice figure anymore. Happy though for people who might want this. 

Really weird theyd just re release a 15+ year old figure that wasnt even that good to begin with imo to cater to the new mcu release. The statue is far better than the figure. This was not at a prime of marvel select so their aesthetics are all sorts of out wack. This is a clear phoned in cash grab hype train release. 

I had the original Select figure when it was first released and really liked it back then, ended up selling it and have often regretted it. I've always said that I would buy it again if they re-released it, so I'm looking forward to seeing more of this new one next week. Right now I'm still using the old Toy Biz "variant" version in my display because I never found the Walgreens version and passed on that "modern" version that Hasbro did in the MCU Vulture BAF wave. I'm not into MCU figures unless they've never made a comic version but I'm also looking forward to seeing what Hasbro does in their Disney+ line. Honestly I'd rather they just re-release the walgreens version or a slight re-deco on retro card though.

Update: now that we've got more images of the figure, I'll be passing on this and hoping that Hasbro does something better. I'd still buy the original Select version if they re-released it though (with the Khonshu statue).

With the Moon Knight TV show making its debut on Disney+, Marvel Select has decided to revisit a long-lost figure in the Marvel Select line. Their Moon Knight figure has not been offered in over a decade, but now he will make his triumphant return to shelves thanks to ShopDisney.com!

Standing approximately 7 inches tall and featuring approximately 16 points of articulation, this exclusive release of Moon Knight comes with a diorama base featuring the doorway to the temple of the Egyptian moon god Khonshu. He also comes with two moon-shaped throwing knives, and comes packaged in the Select action figure packaging with side-panel artwork.

Moon Knight joins a selection of Marvel Select figures exclusive to ShopDisney.com, including Hawkeye, Loki, Taskmaster, the Winter Soldier and No Way Home Spider-Man.

As we reported earlier today this figure is expect to be available by April 4.

MarvelSelectMoonKnightPackage1.jpg

MoonKnightGrey.jpg

MoonKnightProfile.jpg

MoonKnightTomb.jpg

When I first saw MCU Moon Knight Marvel Select figure popped in my head right away and I guess I wasn't the only one, there's obvious  similarity between these two, so I guess it does make sense they are repainting him in MCU style, just like they did with Hawkeye, there's no doubt it's lazy move but this MS Moon Knight was pretty good sculpt for its time and had even cooler sculpted  diorama, articulation did suck a lot but recent MS figures only differ from him with ab articulation. 

Select has been trolling fans for a while now. Lazy repaints and the “re-release” of the Watcher figure that I’ve been waiting for in pre-sake at Dorkside for months. At this point I’m doubting Watcher ever gets out