Marvel Legends Disney+ Moon Knight Figure Reveal Coming Tomorrow (4/1)?

JayC

On 4/1/2022 at 10:19 AM, Ironspider428 said:

"...I absolutely adore this design for Marc and they NAILED it with this figure. Personally I've always been a fan of the more complex designs for his suit, like I far prefer the modern ML Moon Knight to the Walgreens one..."

I don't think Hasbro Legends got enough credit for doing the "modern" Moon Knight (Spider-Man Homecoming wave) outfit as well as they did. While I always prefer classic over almost anything else, they did a fantastic job of making it accurate to the (then) current comics; the forearm/shin "moon" armor plates weren't just painted on, and they didn't cheap out on that chest plate armor either. I can't think of any other character that has those particular costume accessories, so they did it knowing they couldn't re-use, but they spent the time and money anyway. 

On 4/1/2022 at 3:30 PM, Psychosomatic said:

This figure looks great and all, but it sure would be nice to see a TOAD figure right about now.

Oh c’mon! Let us enjoy the rain of MCU after the drought of years past! Hahaha (seriously, tho, where’s toad?)

On 4/1/2022 at 10:24 AM, Air-Walker said:

Oh Wow!! Nice!!! I'd say this is the first time I've liked a Live-action design over a comic design! Definitely going to pick this up!

Only live-action design I've liked better than the original was the Black Panther's outfit; they utilized Vibranium strips to his gloves and boots where as the comics just had those vertical lines which always made me think of socks. The motif they're using for this Moon Knight really looks good.

This costume reimagination, for the small streaming screen, is nice. Incorporating a mummified motif really was clever and translates much better than the white comic jumpsuit ever would. If changes to the comic characters costumes, ethnicities and even gender, continues as it has, I wouldn't be disappointed seeing this version of MK in the comics.

On 4/1/2022 at 6:36 PM, Atlantis said:

Only live-action design I've liked better than the original was the Black Panther's outfit; they utilized Vibranium strips to his gloves and boots where as the comics just had those vertical lines which always made me think of socks. The motif they're using for this Moon Knight really looks good.

I both forgot about and agree about BP's live-action look too! And yeah, I remember as a kid not being terribly impressed with the grey socks, lol. But yeah, as for MK, just loving this look. Love the 'Mummy' vibe they gave it; a really nice way to distinguish him from Batman even more.

On 4/1/2022 at 3:24 PM, Jormungand said:

"This costume reimagination...translates much better than the white comic jumpsuit ever would. If changes to the comic characters costumes, ethnicities and even gender, continues as it has, I wouldn't be disappointed seeing this version of MK in the comics...."

I couldn't go for that. The comics are the comics, the movies are the movies; the movies work best when they stick to the source material as closely and practically as possible.

The D+ Moon Knight costume works because it hides the fact that Issac has nothing like the build he should have, to accurately portray the character from the comics. Don't need to be 6' 2", 225lbs of solid muscle when you're all wrapped up in bandages.  It also fits in well with the public's perceived view and ideas of "Egypt", the basis for the character's powers. But I certainly wouldn't want to see it take over the comic version, nor is it necessary to change ethnicities and genders in the comics. I hated not seeing Thor's iconic helmet in the movies; how could they possibly do that. Its like Captain America without his shield. Also made no sense because its not like it obscures Hemsworth's face. Sadly the comics have been leaving out the helmet too but it looks like its coming back, and that's a good thing.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:09 PM, Atlantis said:

I couldn't go for that. The comics are the comics, the movies are the movies; the movies work best when they stick to the source material as closely and practically as possible.

The D+ Moon Knight costume works because it hides the fact that Issac has nothing like the build he should have, to accurately portray the character from the comics. Don't need to be 6' 2", 225lbs of solid muscle when you're all wrapped up in bandages.  It also fits in well with the public's perceived view and ideas of "Egypt", the basis for the character's powers. But I certainly wouldn't want to see it take over the comic version, nor is it necessary to change ethnicities and genders in the comics. I hated not seeing Thor's iconic helmet in the movies; how could they possibly do that. Its like Captain America without his shield. Also made no sense because its not like it obscures Hemsworth's face. Sadly the comics have been leaving out the helmet too but it looks like its coming back, and that's a good thing.

Oh, you can bet your bottom dollar it's coming to the comics. Just like the recent "re-imagining" of the Ten Rings. Todays comic writers have zero creativity, no originality and even less talent. Regardless of how much admiration and affirmation they get from the Twitter crowd, those ain't the people who buy comics. Basically if they were actually any good at their jobs they'd already be working in movies, and the good ones already are. And, as it's been pointed out, the main drivers on pushing comics and characters to follow the movies and shows come from the editors and higher ups, cuz that's where the money is and the exposure, so it makes sense, but again, if the writers had been any good in the first place and been able to sell books and boost numbers, the change might not be necessary. Believe me, if there were no clones or symbiotes or the MCU the writer's idea tank would be running on fumes full time.

I wouldn't be opposed to a sub-line of comics based on the characters as they are portrayed in the MCU. Seriously, they could have the classic universe comics and then the MCU comics. I mean the shows and movies only run and cover a short distance of time, they could do comics that cover the times and adventures that happen before, after and in between cinematic events. I mean who wouldn't have liked to know what was going on with Captain America between when we last saw him at the end of Avengers and the next time we saw him as the unmasked Captain Rodgers in the Winter Soldier? Who wouldn't wanna see all the goings on with Iron Man between the time we see him at the end of Civil War and the beginning of Infinity War? Yeah, he was in Spider-Man but I'm sure a lot more coulda happened during that time. What about what Thor had been up to up till that time we saw him "captured" by Surter. There's a lot that could be utilized there Sure, the writing would still be terrible, there isn't anything that's gonna change that, until Marvel starts giving them the gate, but it would still give them an outlet to chase that MCU crowd and exposure without having to change the classic characters we love and know. Of course, we all saw what happened when they did that to Star Wars and screwed up their entire cannon, but that could have been prevented the editors had done a better job at screening and limiting the amount of projects. Hell, if someone screws up something too bad just go to the old tried and true method and just say "Well, that took place in an alternate universe". Gotta use what you got.

On 4/2/2022 at 10:37 AM, RoMe00150 said:

I do like the look. I wish I was able to snag the Walgreens one before aftermarket(no Walgreens in Canada and my city is smaller and doesn't often get store exclusives)

I wish we could come up with a way for our Canadian/overseas collectors to get these without paying these preposterous prices. Since Hasbro isnt doing it, I wonder if we collectors have a venue to help?

The walgreens MK is almost perfect. Only problem is, he's on way too small a buck for Moon Knight (same story as the Falcon or "vintage" Vision). They need to take that exact same mold and just bump it up to the same size they use for the latest Magneto buck. Other than that I wouldnt change a thing. Great combo of white, pearl and silver altogether made it the near perfect Moon Knight.