Marvel Legends Thor Love And Thunder Wave Revealed - Minor Spoilers -

JayC

The new Marvel Legends Thor: Love And Thunder Wave from Hasbro has been revealed via Eli.
The wave which should be officially revealed sometime this month will include Mighty Thor (Jane Foster), Groot, Gorr, King Valkyrie, Star-Lord, Ravager Thor and Thor with the Build-A-Figure being Korg in Viking Gear.

278219059_5350803568297076_5431612721711801264_n.jpg

Gorr is a must get for me until we get a comic version. The movie version does look weak though compared to the comic. He looks more like an alien cult leader than the comic (which given his backstory actually works for the character.)

Armor Thor, Valkyrie and Foster look great. Is the Valkyrie deluxe going to be a different costume or maybe a classic version with Aragorn?

Can't tell but are starlord and groot re-releases?

The only one I'm indifferent to is Ravangers Thor but will get for Korg. Yes it's a baf of someone we have before but Hulk, Thanos, Iron Man and more have had the same treatment.

so short opinions for each one as i see these images

Thor: well i did said i like his new design during a previous post and still do, but i feel like the figure itself seems off for me, it might be the head,  ironically i still prefer his armored Bro-Thor look in endgame.

Mighty Thor: she looks amazing, despite that i never was familiar with Jane Foster as Thor, it's a good figure that's for sure,

Valkyrie: out of all this wave, she is the one character i'm looking forward the most, i dig her character and this new design is amazing nuff said.

Gorr: i mean he looks alright, probably once i see the movie maybe i might like him or not, for now simply put i'm neutral towards the figure.

Star-Lord and Groot: oh man don't pitchfork me for this, i enjoy the Guardians of the galaxy movies but i'm not that invested on the figures related to the team itself lol.

Ravager Thor: Now that's badass looking, whether it is Thor or not, the mold itself could be a nice custom potential.

Korg: looks nice, i dig the new look really.

Oh hey sneaky reveal outta nowhere, This does look like a good looking wave, is it a for me good looking wave, Not really sure, they are all MCU figures, and while I like the Jane, Valkyrie and King Thor, I'm not sure right now If I feel like I desire to purchase, MCU jane looks way too much like Comic Jane whom I already have, 2 new Thors both looking cool , don't seem instantly like I want to grab em, the new Valkyrie looks nice, but just a color varation more so on the previous white armor, do I need another one, not sure yet, Groot, I already got that, MCU Star Lord..meh, and don't get me on the what the Gorr! no000, why do you look like Voldermort and a White Walker had a baby. I already have a fine Korg, don't think I need to build a new one.

I'm going to have to marinate on these, I think at this point it's a probable pass on the whole wave, which is cool to me since money saved now, is money spent elsewhere in the future.

Well, another full MCU wave I'll simply be cherry picking. Is this what Dan Yun was talking about on his Twitter feed when he said to save our money, cuz done and done. Seriously, this was a missed opportunity to give us a few missing comic based figures. Maybe a comic Starlord or a comic Armored Thor, but I guess another peg warming  wave is just what the doctor ordered for ML. Just hoping and waiting for that rumored Mojo Premium figure.

Not really interested in this wave.

Never liked Jane's Thor in the comics and Portman's Jane was very bland, so unless the MCU version is a massive improvement, I'll easily skip her.

Groot and Starlord, well if I wanted them I would have gotten them by now.

Gorr was good in the comics but was never a character I desperately needed a figure of.

Ravanger Thor doesn't excite me, though with some glasses he could make a possible Sigurd Jarlson

King Valkryre looks really good, so I'll probably be picking up her.

Armoured Thor does look good as well, so he will probably also be picked up.

So No Korg for me

At the moment feels like the whole wave is a pass as i simply have enough mcu thor figures.  Groot and Starlord are especially easy passes. might get some of the other figures on sale but really nothing feels essential.  Given that my local stores are still flooded with Eternals and MoM wave figures, i'm not sure this wave is gonna sell like hotcakes either.

Normally i would've advocated for some comic figs in this wave but i have been pretty unimpressed with the last few mcu waves' comic offerings (MoM and NWH), they've all been "maybe pick up during a sale" rather than "must-get" figures.

The more reveals they've had this year, the more i'm convinced that my collection is mostly done.  Feels like there are still a lot of characters out there that i wouldn't mind getting but i'm clearly not in the target demographic because most reveals leave me pretty cold.

Mixed feelings about this....For one thing I'm glad it's full MCU wave, cause non-mixed waves are always better, but the wave itself isn't looking so great. So far I'm only sold on Ravager Thor (still no proper-sized stormbreaker.....). The armored Thor will be a pass for now, I have a feeling they will release another version of him in some two pack or something and the helmet looks a little weird- especially around the eyes -, Star Lord looks like Ego and has that same pair of legs as the old one by the looks of it, Groot is the same figure as before and Gorr is, for me, a disappointment, but that's not their fault cause that's how he must've looked in the concept art, they could have given him extra hands though. Lady Thor and Valkyrie look pretty decent, but I'll have to take a better look at all of them to make sure. At least these ones don't look that bad even in these pics. 

P.S. This wave looks kinda inferior compared to the Dr Strange wave. I don't know if that's just me, but it looks like the budget was downsized or something..they barely gave any accessories to the figures (besides Groot at least). I know that we're getting new sculpts for some of the figures, but the MOM wave also had new sculpts. 

This is the most disappointed I have ever been in a Marvel Legends wave (and that is saying something).  Thor is my favorite comic character.  Thor and his characters are probably the most under represented in all of Marvel Legends. This wave will be pointed to by the Hasbro team as (we gave you Thor figures)  but we are getting zero comic figures, 2 Guardians of the Galaxy figures and a BAF that I can’t imagine very many people are clamoring over. 
A straight MCU wave is very very disappointing!  Just like the current Dr. Strange wave I think this will be clogging pegs for a while.  For me Legends are getting easier and easier to pass on because of the terrible character selection.  I know they have their fans but I’m sorry, MCU figures just don’t sell as well and the proof is at every single Wal Mart and Target.

These are some really not great action figures but they are the first good looks I've had at most of these character designs.  I love that armored Thor!  I've always had a soft spot for the #378 armor and this is such a gorgeous adaptation.  And the Thunderstrike referencing costume is awesome as well!

Those Jane Foster and Star Lord faces look terrible, though, and I'm disappointed to see that Groot is apparently still sullen teenager Groot.  It wasn't really all that funny the first time around.

Im not really an MCU collector altho i have a few that really impressed me. This wave is the Thorsty wave. Im already not a big thor fan so this is too much thor for me. They look good for what they are and Christian Bales likeness is spot on in the Gorr figure. Thankfully another wave I can pass on. 

I'll be getting them because of course I will.  A little disappointed in the teen Groot which looks like the figure they did for the more kid friendly like (came with Rocket) a few years back. Not sure how I feel about the Gorr. Hoping he'd look a bit more sinister 

On 4/10/2022 at 6:27 AM, CAC said:

This is the most disappointed I have ever been in a Marvel Legends wave ....A straight MCU wave is very very disappointing!  Just like the current Dr. Strange wave I think this will be clogging pegs for a while....MCU figures just don’t sell as well and the proof is at every single Wal Mart and Target.

I see what you're saying. They may have done better by including the classic Beta Ray Bill or Fire Lord instead of "thunderstrike" Thor and Groot (and yes I know Firelord is supposedly coming).  At the same time MCU, by its very nature, can never have the bench to pull from that the comics do. The Shang-Chi wave also suffered; I think they missed an opportunity though by not swapping out Iron Man and Cap with, say, classic Shang-Chi and maybe Shockwave. As it is, the only figure I see worthy in this wave is Thor. Look on this as saving your wallet. I just hope they do a comic based Thor wave immediately!

On 4/10/2022 at 5:36 PM, Atlantis said:

I see what you're saying. They may have done better by including the classic Beta Ray Bill or Fire Lord instead of "thunderstrike" Thor and Groot (and yes I know Firelord is supposedly coming).  At the same time MCU, by its very nature, can never have the bench to pull from that the comics do. The Shang-Chi wave also suffered; I think they missed an opportunity though by not swapping out Iron Man and Cap with, say, classic Shang-Chi and maybe Shockwave. As it is, the only figure I see worthy in this wave is Thor. Look on this as saving your wallet. I just hope they do a comic based Thor wave immediately!

Honestly I feel like Hasbro has learnt their lesson and only include Comic character that have never gotten a figure before in the mixed waves. I mean NWH had Morlun and Shriek and the MOM wave has Sleepwalker and D'Spayre. 

As for this wave, I would have taken out Groot and Starlord as they are getting the third movie soon and replaced them with comic character. But at the same time people have been complaining, that they should separate the 2 lines and with the massive cast that this movie has, it seems logical that they would make a all MCU wave.