Marvel Legends Thor Love And Thunder Wave Revealed - Minor Spoilers -

JayC

I agree!  I like @tarot's idea. Swap out the Guardians here, the MCU wave would sell better. Of course if you're happy with the line up then there's just more for you.

Because you knew it was coming....Thor wave:

Thor, bearded, whirling hammer (and get his outfit colors right....its RED, not burgundy or whatever that is they used)

Beta Ray Bill (classic)

Hogun (blue/black mace)

Valkyrie (classic, on the latest She-Hulk buck)

Volstagg

Desak (love to see how they do the "jeweled" shield)

Fandral (please make sure he has a scabbard for his sword)

BAF: Destroyer

I'm pretty disappointed with this wave. I'll get Gorr and that will be it. I could see getting Ravager Thor to use as custom fodder if I ever saw it for under $15, but no interest in the others. I'm still hoping that we'll see a Thor comic wave sometime within the next year that will include Fandral, Hogun, Volstagg, Kurse, Heimdall and Executioner.

On 4/10/2022 at 6:00 PM, tarot said:

Honestly I feel like Hasbro has learnt their lesson and only include Comic character that have never gotten a figure before in the mixed waves. I mean NWH had Morlun and Shriek and the MOM wave has Sleepwalker and D'Spayre. 

As for this wave, I would have taken out Groot and Starlord as they are getting the third movie soon and replaced them with comic character. But at the same time people have been complaining, that they should separate the 2 lines and with the massive cast that this movie has, it seems logical that they would make a all MCU wave.

I would have thrown in either two comic figures or added either MCU Thor characters that haven't been done yet like Heimdall in his armour or other characters from the movie like Sif

Looks like I'm in the minority again, I'm really liking this wave!!! So far, my musts are only Portman Thor and Gorr since they're characters I don't have in my collection. But King Valkyrie looks great, and Groot with that new face and branch accessories is looking tempting. Star Lord, Thunderstrike and Thor look good but I'm not sure, maybe if I have the dough when the wave is announced for preorder. Korg, as much as I love the character, isn't selling me the wave, I already have one and I kinda prefer the gladiator look over this viking outfitting. 

The one thing that I'm loving is the soft good capes!!! I wonder if they'll have poseable wires.

On Saturday we got our first look at the new Hasbro Marvel Legends wave based on the upcoming Thor Love And Thunder movie thanks to in-hand images that begun surfacing online. Even though Hasbro has yet to officially announce the wave, the figures have already begun showing up at Walmart stores. The official sale date for these figures are April 26, 2022 and you can expect them to be available everywhere including places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth

Shown below are new updated in-hand images for the entire wave which comes via our friend MCUCollector who is currently working hard to get reviews up for each one. To recap this wave includes figures of Mighty Thor (Jane Foster), Groot, Gorr, King Valkyrie, Star-Lord, Ravager Thor and Thor with the Build-A-Figure being Korg in Viking Gear.

I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of Love And Thunder trailer will be coming sometime between now and April 26.

Thor-Wave-01.jpg

Thor-Wave-02.jpg

Thor-Wave-03.jpg

Thor-Wave-04.jpg

Thor-Wave-05.jpg

Thor-Wave-06.jpg

Thor-Wave-07.jpg

Thor-Wave-08.jpg

Thor-Wave-09.jpg

Thor-Wave-10.jpg

Thor-Wave-11.jpg

Thor-Wave-12.jpg

Thor-Wave-13.jpg

Thor-Wave-14.jpg

Thor-Wave-15.jpg

Thor-Wave-16.jpg

Thor-Wave-17.jpg

Thor-Wave-18.jpg

Thor-Wave-19.jpg

Thor-Wave-20.jpg

Thor-Wave-21.jpg

Thor-Wave-22.jpg

Thor-Wave-23.jpg

Thor-Wave-24.jpg

Thor-Wave-25.jpg

Thor-Wave-26.jpg

Thor-Wave-27.jpg

Thor-Wave-28.jpg

Thor-Wave-29.jpg

Thor-Wave-30.jpg

Thor-Wave-31.jpg

Thor-Wave-32.jpg

Thor-Wave-33.jpg

Thor-Wave-34.jpg

Thor-Wave-35.jpg

Thor-Wave-36.jpg

Thor-Wave-37.jpg

Thor-Wave-38.jpg

Thor-Wave-39.jpg

Thor-Wave-40.jpg

Thor-Wave-41.jpg

Thor-Wave-42.jpg

Thor-Wave-43.jpg

Thor-Wave-44.jpg

On 4/10/2022 at 2:55 PM, glhshelby said:

The capes are plastic, sadly. 

Really? I thought Jane and Valkyrie’s were soft goods. Then they’ve really increased their texture on the capes, they fooled me from the pictures! Particularly the way Valkyrie’s folds

On 4/11/2022 at 11:33 PM, tarot said:

after a weekend of people finding the wave at store, someone at Hasbro has issued a warning to store and not to sell the figures. They have been street dated in other words.

Do stores actually listen to the street dates?

Big pass, another all movie wave, Jane Thor looks pretty weird compared to much superior concept art. Armored Thor has very skinny arms that comes off as very disrespectful considered how much Hemsworth is putting into his exercise routine, Ravager Thor looks great tho and I guess Valkyrie and Gorr aren't too bad. But most of all, that's really lame BAF, we just got Korg, they easily could have left him for 2 pack and instead gave us MCU destroyer or Comic book style Executioner. But one big positive is double jointed pinless elbows on all female figure, now if only we could get comic book spidey with pinless double joints.

As we told you last weekend, some Walmart stores began selling early Hasbro's new wave Thor: Love And Thunder Marvel Legends figures which have an official sale date of April 26, and yes that date from what I can tell still stands.

Never-the-less since Hasbro has yet to officially announce these figures so we will continue to put the minor spoiler warning when we post about them even though they will be out everywhere long before the movie releases in theaters on July 8.

Now while Walmart since last weekend has seemingly put a cashier lockout on the figure at most if not all stores, quit a few folks were able to buy them and of course took pictures. Today we share these in-hand out of package images of the new Armored Thor figure sent to us by Zactionfigures.

The armor seems to be a nice nod to the armor Thor wore for a while in the comics and was originally designed by Walt Simonson.

Again this wave of figures official sale date should be April 26 at which point you will be able to pre-order them online or find them at physical stores like Walmart or Target. I don't expect everyone to necessarily have them in-hand by the 26th like Walmart, but at that point they should be much easier to purchase.

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-01.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-02.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-03.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-04.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-05.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-06.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-07.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-08.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-09.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-10.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-11.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-12.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-13.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Thor-14.jpg

Thanks to Ryan Elliott we have our first look at Hasbro's basic 6" Thor: Love And Thunder movie figures which he said he saw at his local Target store this weekend. The three figures in the assortment include Thor (Battle Armor), Mighty Thor (Jane Foster) and King Valktrie. Ryan didn't actually try to purchase any of these so it's unknown if there was any kind of cashier lockout placed on them, but as we have reported before the official sale date for the Thor movie product should be in less than 2 weeks on April 26.

Love-And-Thunder-Basic-01.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Basic-02.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Basic-03.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Basic-04.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Basic-05.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Basic-06.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Basic-07.jpg

Love-And-Thunder-Basic-08.jpg

On 4/16/2022 at 11:32 PM, leokearon said:

Armoured Thor looks pretty cool and I don't have an MCU Thor, so this will probably be the one

I like the vibrant colors and hope that if they do the comic version, it will follow the same. Also think it needs another head, this one in a "fierce" teeth baring look.

The Basic figures look pretty alright for basic figures, Hasbro is really evolving these basic figs, they have good sculpts and face likeness, not bad, I like that the basic Thor has a way better gold paint then the sorta jolly rancher style that the Legends has also interesting to see they are implementing the whole no plastic packaging with these, guess that's how most basic figures will be released, it's a good concept for the environment but a weird concept for figures, since you have no idea if the figure in the box is going to have horrid paint apps or a missing leg.