Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage

JayC

On 4/12/2022 at 2:54 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah obviously I was just joshing, but making commentary on the lack of effort made on some of these newer releases, but yes in reality I'm sure it will use many parts from the Frog Man/Doc Ock mold, if not the entire thing really with different deco and a head. 

I wouldn't be too shocked if the figure in the end just basically looked like this

stupidtoadfigure.jpg

You're probably right on the money, which begs the question, "What the hell took so long?" It's not like they're planning to include any significant extras on the figure, we're all well aware of that. Seriously, if their plan is to reproduce the Toybiz line, what else could it be? It would really surprise me if there was anything new about the final result past the head sculpt and collar and maybe a few auxiliary parts for boots and sleeve cuffs.

As we told you last week, tomorrow (4/19) at 11am ET there will be another Hasbro Marvel Legends live-stream taking place which has many wondering what might be revealed during it.

Well I can't tell you everything or even specifics that will be shown, but I can tell you all indications suggesting tha there will be a number of new Spider-Man based figures shown during the event. Specifically I have seen indications of another Spider-Man themed wave coming which will contain only 6 figures.

My guess is these will be ones for the 60th Anniversary and perhaps done as another Spider-Man Retro cardback wave. Hasbro has already shown us a new comic based Iron Spider which I am GUESSING will be one of the figures in this wave.

Other 60th Anniversary items we have previously reported should be coming this year include:

-Knull and Venom 2 pack
-Spiderverse Penny and SP//DR 2 pack
-Homecoming Ned and Peter Parker 2 pack
-Spineret and Spiderman 2 pack
-Toei Japanese Spider Man
-Amazing Fantasy #15 Spider Man
-Walmart Classic Retro Lizard
-90's Animated Spider Man
-Comic Iron Spider

Obviously the 2-packs and Walmart exclusive Lizard wouldn't be part of the wave, but perhaps some of the regular single releases listed above will be, and its possible Hasbro could just go on and show all the figures they have planned for the 60th Anniversary.

Hasbro just the other day confirmed they would be doing No Way Home figures of Tobey and Andrew. We don't know how those will be released. I suppose they could be part of this wave though my feeling is they will release those as a 3-pack with a Tom Holland Spider-Man. Those aren't coming until 2023 but being most stuff being announced these days are being listed with 2023 release dates, I suppose those could be on tap for tomorrow reveals.

An Australian etailer posted an image this morning on their Instagram seemingly teasing the that the Spiderverse Penny and SP//DR 2 pack will be revealed this week, however I can't independently confirm that.

I can tell you that there should be a stand-alone retro cardback figure revealed this week. I am thinking it will probably be Spider-Man related but I can't say that for sure.

I am hoping Hasbro will finally show us that Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Toad figure, however there is nothing I have seen so far that suggests they will. It's possible Hasbro could be keeping this live-stream to all things Spider-Man but again I can't confirm that.

Of course we will be sure to update you here tomorrow with everything revealed as it happens, so check back soon.

On 4/18/2022 at 7:40 AM, JayC said:

Knull and Venom 2 pack
-Spiderverse Penny and SP//DR 2 pack
-Homecoming Ned and Peter Parker 2 pack
-Spineret and Spiderman 2 pack
-Toei Japanese Spider Man
-Amazing Fantasy #15 Spider Man
-Walmart Classic Retro Lizard
-90's Animated Spider Man
-Comic Iron Spider

Yeah, none of that is gonna be shown. Probably another Spider-Man on the super articulated buck.

On 4/18/2022 at 5:05 PM, leokearon said:

Well with the Thor stuff already official revealed, they would need to talk about them. A wave of six Spidey figures could be the first Spidey BAF wave of this year, though I wouldn't be opposed to more Retro figures.

Don't forget we still have across the spiderverse this year as well.

On 4/18/2022 at 5:12 PM, tarot said:

Don't forget we still have across the spiderverse this year as well.

I actually had forgotten it was out this year, but I doubt anything to do with that will be revealed tomorrow.  More than likely the wave will be a regular Spidey BAF and the Spiderverse wave will be revealed later in the year.

if it's going to be all Spidey stuff, show me that Knull + Venom pack, a Spinneret, and let me pre-order that Iron Spider, perhaps if Jay is saying it's some 6 figure wave reveal I want to say it's going to be non of this stuff listed above, I think those items will be specifically for the 60th anniversary and be their own program, Maybe it's another Retro wave? I have a feeling it might be a BAF wave, and not the Across the Spiderverse, that's too early for that I think, I would say a mostly comic based BAF wave is a likely, But I'm bad at predicting it seems. 

Hasbro show me Swarm, Vermin and Carrion...feeling generous gimme Man-Wolf and Calypso, and I think people want themselves a comic Molten Man, Tarantula and Will-O the Wisp, just shooting it out there, we need a Spider-Man Bad guys wave.

✌️

I for one am tired of waiting for Iron Spider and some of these others. Should've had him and Tarantula way earlier. And if he does show up for pre-order, is he showing this year? Are they gonna throw another inflated price at us? 

I do think the Vulture needs a re-do. Doubtful we'll see anytime soon, but that mold is dated. 

Wish they'd get on Man-Wolf. Could see some Werewolf By Night re-use there. And I still want that Marvel Monsters Halloween pack.

They could do a decent BAF using the Mark V Spider-Slayer. 

Just to clarify from my report earlier. I expect to almost def see tomorrow a 6 figure Spider-Man themed wave revealed and 1 stand-alone retro cardback figure which may or may not be Spider-Man related.  I don't know what the specific figures will be though as I mentioned before I speculate they may be related to the Spider-Man 60th Anniversary stuff that has been rumored.

I would think they will have a few other things to reveal as well but I have nothing to confirm that and no idea if this live-stream will be all Spider-Man or not.

There should be a wave of Spider-Man figures coming this year for the Into The Spider-Verse sequel but that is a 7 figure wave and not expecting that to be revealed right now.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

if it's going to be all Spidey stuff, show me that Knull + Venom pack, a Spinneret, and let me pre-order that Iron Spider, perhaps if Jay is saying it's some 6 figure wave reveal I want to say it's going to be non of this stuff listed above, I think those items will be specifically for the 60th anniversary and be their own program, Maybe it's another Retro wave? I have a feeling it might be a BAF wave, and not the Across the Spiderverse, that's too early for that I think, I would say a mostly comic based BAF wave is a likely, But I'm bad at predicting it seems. 

Hasbro show me Swarm, Vermin and Carrion...feeling generous gimme Man-Wolf and Calypso, and I think people want themselves a comic Molten Man, Tarantula and Will-O the Wisp, just shooting it out there, we need a Spider-Man Bad guys wave.

✌️

Totally agree, we need a Bring on the Spidey Bad Guys wave

NOPE! Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa! Very funny. The nineties called and want their joke back.

Thor wave. Big surprise. Still, multiple head sculpts. Way to break the trend.

The Gorr figure is likely to look entirely different from the final movie design. Just another chance for Hasbro to do a correct one later. At a hefty price, of course.

I knew it. I just knew they were gonna modernize the Toad figure. A classic head sculpt would have been nice, especially for the price. And the wait. Another swing and miss.

On 4/19/2022 at 11:04 AM, monron999 said:

NOPE! Bwaaaahaaaahaaaa! Very funny. The nineties called and want their joke back.

Thor wave. Big surprise. Still, multiple head sculpts. Way to break the trend.

The Gorr figure is likely to look entirely different from the final movie design. Just another chance for Hasbro to do a correct one later. At a hefty price, of course.

I knew it. I just knew they were gonna modernize the Toad figure. A classic head sculpt would have been nice, especially for the price. And the wait. Another swing and miss.

Modernized? That's a straight-up 90s Toad, straight out of Liefeld's X-Force.