Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage

JayC

That retro Lizard could end up being my favorite figure of 2022. He's my favorite Spidey villain and they did him exactly the way I wanted. 

Also looking forward to first appearance Spider-Man and anniversary Toad.

Also... if anyone wants Knull but does NOT want Venom, let me know and maybe we can work out a trade or split the cost. 

Hasbro might actually get some Spider-Man purchases out of me. The Spider-Man in the Spinneret two-pack looks basically perfect, and winged Venom looks incredible. Honestly, I've never been impressed with Knull visually, but the toy looks wayyyy better in-hand than it did in renders, and actually looks pretty rad.

On 4/19/2022 at 10:37 AM, Ironspider428 said:

Ok, winged Venom with Knull, no surprise there, but why the movie mold?? I was hoping for him on the Omega Red mold...

On 4/19/2022 at 10:47 AM, tarot said:

because like they said, people asked for it.

Yeah.......well I belong to pretty much any and every decent ML group across all the media platforms and though I may have heard it a few times I don't recall that being a major demand. I don't recall anyone here making a big push for it on these boards either. Like I said, I'm sure it was suggested by someone or maybe a few someone's but nothing that I can remember or picked up any steam. I think most of us here liked the size of the "animated" Venom as it looked on the Omega Red buck and wanted a standard version on that buck but the movie buck? That's new news to me.

For me it will be Toad, Knull pack, Vows pack, Iron Spider, Lizard, First App Spider-Man. That Venom might become my default main Venom. Only issue I have is that sometimes it's hard to get the fan channels and I have no idea about Walmart Canada exclusives. Any other Canadians here able to comment on this?

On 4/19/2022 at 10:52 AM, Benn said:

Modernized? That's a straight-up 90s Toad, straight out of Liefeld's X-Force.

I noticed the very specific look based on Liefeld's terrible artwork. To me that is the point when Toad became modernized. New look, new powers. He's been shamelessly changed over and over again by any terrible writer with a pulse (that's all of them) since. Before that he had a pretty consistent appearance to what the original Toybiz figure looked like. I'm gonna get it, to be sure, but a more classic head sculpt would have been cool. Again, for that asking price.

That was a hell of a livestream! I think this is the first time I'm down for everything they showed off today. Tomorrow's going to be hard on the wallet, thank god for preorders lol. 

LaT and D+ stuff: Nothing new but I'm still happy with all of it. Interesting to see a blue color scheme for the boxes for this wave, the first wave was red and the second was purple. Except for Loki, which was green.

Ned and Peter: Yes. Just...yes. I'm buying 2.

Noir: Great addition to the Spider-Verse shelf, not sure I need another Ham but it's whatever

Toad: Freaking finally. Looks damn good, my X-Men villains display is edging ever closer to completion.

Glad to finally be able to order Iron Spider and FF. Still waiting for a regular FF suit, maybe on the card.

Knull and Venom: Mixed emotions on this, Knull is fire, Venom LOOKS good, but that movie mold just feels wrong.

Renew Your Vows: All the yes. Pinless, toe joints, new head. Love it. I was worried they reused the pizza head again but that doesn't seem to be the case. Spinneret looks fantastic as well.

Lizard: Definitely getting one to keep on card, I don't know if I'm a big enough fan of the classic design to get a second to open though.

Amazing Fantasy: Beautiful. Gimme all the Spider-Man suits that exist and the new mold is really good, I'd like to see it in the red and blue eventually.

Toad and Lizard where the big winners for me today though that Ned and Peter 2pk surprisingly impressed me more than I thought it would. I think it was the alternate Spider-Man head that did it.

I have a feeling the Lizard might not go up for pre-order until the next Walmart Collector Con which is gonna be around July.

Toad is a must get, just wish he had more given he's a lot smaller than the others.

Spider-man Noir is a must get, don't see why he needed to be packaged with Spider-Ham

Iron Spidey should have come with the 4 waldo option

No interest in Black stealth suit 

Really wish the Silk/Doc Ock 2 pack wasn't a two pack

No interest in Knull/Venom set

I would have preferred a Spinneret/Spiderling 2 pack, but the set still looks good, so and on for the want pile

Easy pass on the 1st appearance Spidey

Given the effort it took to get the BAF Lizard, I'm not bothering with the Retro one also I just don't like the look of it.

MCU Peter Parker and Ned 2-pack looks really good, but not a must get for me. Though the Ned masked head is a really nice touch.

On 4/19/2022 at 8:57 AM, monron999 said:

Yeah.......well I belong to pretty much any and every decent ML group across all the media platforms and though I may have heard it a few times I don't recall that being a major demand. I don't recall anyone here making a big push for it on these boards either. Like I said, I'm sure it was suggested by someone or maybe a few someone's but nothing that I can remember or picked up any steam. I think most of us here liked the size of the "animated" Venom as it looked on the Omega Red buck and wanted a standard version on that buck but the movie buck? That's new news to me.

I've seen a few (misguided) people asking for it, but the majority has been for Omega Red by far. Even Shart eventually conceded that OR would be a better choice I think. The lower legs and feet are just so awkward for comic Venom, if they had changed those it might have been fine, but here we are. I guess I'm making my own Venom now. 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:05 PM, RoMe00150 said:

Ah ok that takes the worry off a bit. Does Collector Con come to Canada?

Thats just a guess on my part so dont consider it set in stone. No I dont think Collector Con is offered in Canada but like the Ulik figure which was offered here at the last months Collector Con Hasbro said it would be available at Walmarts in Canada at a later date. So they would probably do something similar.

They showed some great stuff today. The amazing fantasy Spiderman got me excited and the Knull/Winged Venom two pack is a pleasant surpirse for me. Knull looks more interesting than the renders and Venom looks pretty good too, which I didn't expect to like. The Lizard is another one that stood out for me. And yeah, the Peter/Ned two pack is also very tempting. I'm just afraid to check the prices now...lol

On 4/19/2022 at 12:06 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I've seen a few (misguided) people asking for it, but the majority has been for Omega Red by far. Even Shart eventually conceded that OR would be a better choice I think. The lower legs and feet are just so awkward for comic Venom, if they had changed those it might have been fine, but here we are. I guess I'm making my own Venom now. 

The choice of Venom body may have more to do with being a better fit for the wings than anything IDK. I dont nitpick these things as much as some and honestly perfectly fine with the last Venom I got, but the one they showed here didnt look bad to me.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:13 PM, Air-Walker said:

Nothing can blast me off higher into the stratosphere than a wicked and long desired action figure, and nothing can bring me crashing back to Earth in a blazing meteor of grief and gastric torment than when said figure is a freaking Wal-Mart exclusive. Gods there are days I really hate this hobby. 

LOL, well its been reported for months it was gonna be Walmart. It sucks but it shouldnt have surprised anyone.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:16 PM, tarot said:

Im surprised no one is talking about the fact that they said that there is a Peni and Sp//dr deluxe pack but didn't show it.

Well all we had was some Australian retailer no one heard of before probably just looking for attention making a tease. Doesn't mean its not coming just not being revealed today.

On 4/19/2022 at 5:23 PM, leokearon said:

I think we have enough to talk about what was shown without needing to discuss what wasn't

no they literally said they made it. Go back to about the time Noir was revealed and they list figures that had been made and they say that we have Peni and Sp//dr already.