Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage

JayC

On 4/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, JayC said:

Well all we had was some Australian retailer no one heard of before probably just looking for attention making a tease. Doesn't mean its not coming just not being revealed today.

Look to my answer above. They literally said we have them already as a deluxe set.

On 4/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, tarot said:

no they literally said they made it. Go back to about the time Noir was revealed and they list figures that had been made and they say that we have Peni and Sp//dr already.

They said they had done it as a kid deluxe item not Marvel Legends

On 4/19/2022 at 11:26 AM, tarot said:

no they literally said they made it. Go back to about the time Noir was revealed and they list figures that had been made and they say that we have Peni and Sp//dr already.

I think he backtracked a bit and specified that it was done in the standard Spider-Man line rather than the ML line.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:15 PM, JayC said:

LOL, well its been reported for months it was gonna be Walmart. It sucks but it shouldnt have surprised anyone.

Come on bro, there's no need to be patronizing. I have a schedule that doesn't in any way permit me to sit at my computer all day every day to catch these bits of info. Info is one of the reasons I come here, ideally from fellow fans just happy and willing to help out and not be rude or elitist about it. 

Not a big fan of the pedestrian type figures, especially since 90 percent of them to this point have been done on some version of the same terrible suited buck, but I really do like the Peter and Ned 2 pack. So, in 3 to 5 years, when they get around to doing the figures for No Way Home again, are they gonna do a skinny Ned or just repurpose this mold?

On 4/19/2022 at 1:08 PM, JayC said:

Thats just a guess on my part so dont consider it set in stone. No I dont think Collector Con is offered in Canada but like the Ulik figure which was offered here at the last months Collector Con Hasbro said it would be available at Walmarts in Canada at a later date. So they would probably do something similar.

Thanks I'll Just keep my eyes open on their site and for announcements 

The only things that really interested me are the Knull venom 2pack which as much as I love the movie mold, I dont know if I wanted it here instead of the omega red. Digging the armor spidey and possibly the lizard. I still have the baf and it really all depends on their pricing since that seems to change as much as the weather around here. 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:26 PM, tarot said:

They are talking about the kids line they made a while back that semi fit with the scale. I saw a ton of collectors use that as their Peni and SPDR substitutes in their legends collections. 

On 4/19/2022 at 12:42 PM, JayC said:

Looks like an Animated Series Gambit was spotted in the background of the live-stresm

FQuJYhNXwAMgMpv.jpg

Are you sure that's not Jean? It does look like Gambit in that stillshot, but I saw that during the stream and was sure I was seeing Jean (who would make sense, since she's actually been revealed already).

On 4/19/2022 at 5:45 PM, Benn said:

Are you sure that's not Jean? It does look like Gambit in that stillshot, but I saw that during the stream and was sure I was seeing Jean (who would make sense, since she's actually been revealed already).

I believe it is Jean. Especially as the other revealed figures are there

so, i admit i only looked forward for the stream to be able to know about the MCU stuff, at least we know when we can order them... but i most come clean when i saw the boxes of the future Marvel legends stuff and being frank i don't think i'll be that invested on the line more really.

i mean yes it is not uncommon to see closed boxes like Lego sets do and hopefully it is slightly better than the Transformers boxes where they got a plastic free window with theft likelihood, and yeah even i understand it's to help with the environment, But still i'm not even sure if i want to gamble on buying a box that has said item inside with good conditions and if it is 100% there and not a swapped figure without a clear plastic window that shows it,

and granted there can be an after chance that someone will likely sell the figure outside the box with all accessories but there is the horrid risk of expensive prices, even way more expensive than i can imagine and it's clear that the idea will spread to my other favorite G.I. Joe classified likely, it's not gonna stop me from collecting other toylines and it might not even stop me from buying potential new Marvel products in the future that i still do not know, but i can say my most likely last buys from Marvel Legends would likely be Moon Knight, King Valkyrie and maybe even Mighty Thor/Jane Foster (the last one i'm still debating whether i like it or not), but likewise i don't want to feel like i got to gamble whether i'll get the figure or what not.

Alright! Toad! Now we just need Destiny, Avalanche, and a new Blob! 

The Spider reveals are cool, but... and I know I'm in the minority here....I'm not crazy about that retro collection body....I actually prefer the longer, lankier J.Scott Campbell proportions of the Pizza Spidey over the Romita Sr. style. Maybe one day they'll update the articulation or give us a similar mold.  That being said, that "Renew your Vows" two pack is gonna be REALLY hard to pass up...

On 4/19/2022 at 11:06 AM, Ironspider428 said:

I've seen a few (misguided) people asking for it, but the majority has been for Omega Red by far. Even Shart eventually conceded that OR would be a better choice I think. The lower legs and feet are just so awkward for comic Venom, if they had changed those it might have been fine, but here we are. I guess I'm making my own Venom now. 

Why would they give you a Venom on the Omega Red buck that you could get double usage out of as both the winged Venom and classic Venom when they can sell you the winged one on the movie buck at a 2 pack premium price and then go ahead and do the one with the Omega Red buck later and include maybe an extra pair of hands and possibly some repainted tendrils from the Kro figure and sell it as another premium card back later? Hasbro math can be used to calculate pretty much anything they do at this point. It'll hit most people when we're paying for a 2nd Siryn with a screaming head sculpt and slight paint alteration and a 2nd Toad with classic paint scheme and classic head sculpt a few months down the line.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:01 PM, monron999 said:

I noticed the very specific look based on Liefeld's terrible artwork. To me that is the point when Toad became modernized. New look, new powers. He's been shamelessly changed over and over again by any terrible writer with a pulse (that's all of them) since. Before that he had a pretty consistent appearance to what the original Toybiz figure looked like. I'm gonna get it, to be sure, but a more classic head sculpt would have been cool. Again, for that asking price.

I agree that Toad has become this amorphous, directionless character, with powers and personality that suit the whims of whoever happens to be telling the story. And, sure, I guess that began with this version, but Toad was super lame in the 60s--he had lame powers, a lame look, and barely had any personality--and then he barely existed at all in the 70s and 80s. I'm no fan of Liefeld's art, but I actually loved the look of his Brotherhood, and the stories running throughout those early X-Force books were decent, despite the art. I went back and re-read some of them a few months ago, and was honestly surprised how well they held up. That run was when Toad actually became a character with agency, motives, and powers that explained why Magneto might ever have given him the time of day, let alone hired him.

And as for that early Toy Biz figure? I'm sorry, what era was that supposed to be from? You seem pretty sure it's the 60s/70s/80s Toad, but I don't see any resemblance to that era or any other when I look at that figure. It's heavy-set, I guess? Otherwise, I'd say that's a weird approximation, based loosely on a number of different looks, but otherwise custom made to be toyetic. Toy Biz did a lot of those prior to Legends, and you already know that figure was shoe-horned in from an earlier cancelled line.

Yep, this one's going to hurt the wallet.  After such a long drought, I'm really excited with the reveals.  I'll definitely be getting Toad, Lizard, comic Iron Spider, Renew Your Vows 2 pack, AF #15 Spidey.

I'll probably get Spider-Verse Spider-Man Noir, but I haven't had good luck with Target pre-orders lately, so I'm not holding my breath on this one.  

And then there's that King in Black 2 pack, I'm not super hyped on that story at this point, but I bet without the wings, that Venom alone will be awesome, and Null definitely looks good.  I just can't fathom those wings working out, they look like the Sauron wings, which are fine, but mine are getting pretty loose and droopy, plus they just don't fold in enough to be good on the shelf.  

The highlights of this stream for me are the Renew Your Vows Spider-Man and the Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man.

I'm still not sold on the musculature that carried over from the retro Spider-Man, but at least RYV Spidey has pinless joints. I also prefer the darker blue and the bigger eyes. A bit of a shame that the next definitive Spider-Man figure is tied to a 2-pack, but it's not surprising. Also, I think it's a bit funny that this new baseline Spidey figure is technically not even 616 Spider-Man. So, all in all, while this is not my personal definitive Spider-Man figure, it's a step closer.

AF Spidey looks fantastic, and I love that they made him leaner. I hope Hasbro repaints it for a JRSr Spidey some time down the line. That way people will shut up about the retro Spidey being "jUsT LiKe rOmITa's aRtwOrk."

Oh, and also I guess Toad was a good reveal. Only so I can stop hearing people ask for it. Too bad people will now instead ask for the next lame X-villain and continue the circle.

Damn, this is easily the best livestream reveal show ever! Finally we get pinless classic Spider-Man figures, while I do think his spider logo is little too big for my liking pinless system new headsculpt and toe articulation easily makes that figure must buy for any Spidey fan and hopefully we all get to snag him. Amazing Fantasy Spidey is also pretty amazing especially when it's shorter and less muscular version. Venom with Wing is something else, this is easily the best Venom figure they ever made, even wings are cool and are done way better than Neca's Gargoyle wings. Lizard is good and will compliment Amazing Fantasy Spidey really well, although I really want to give him old old Toybiz McFarlane headsculpt.

On 4/19/2022 at 12:39 PM, Benn said:

I agree that Toad has become this amorphous, directionless character, with powers and personality that suit the whims of whoever happens to be telling the story. And, sure, I guess that began with this version, but Toad was super lame in the 60s--he had lame powers, a lame look, and barely had any personality--and then he barely existed at all in the 70s and 80s. I'm no fan of Liefeld's art, but I actually loved the look of his Brotherhood, and the stories running throughout those early X-Force books were decent, despite the art. I went back and re-read some of them a few months ago, and was honestly surprised how well they held up. That run was when Toad actually became a character with agency, motives, and powers that explained why Magneto might ever have given him the time of day, let alone hired him.

And as for that early Toy Biz figure? I'm sorry, what era was that supposed to be from? You seem pretty sure it's the 60s/70s/80s Toad, but I don't see any resemblance to that era or any other when I look at that figure. It's heavy-set, I guess? Otherwise, I'd say that's a weird approximation, based loosely on a number of different looks, but otherwise custom made to be toyetic. Toy Biz did a lot of those prior to Legends, and you already know that figure was shoe-horned in from an earlier cancelled line.

You're totally accurate about the progression (and now regression) of Toad as a character and you are 100 percent correct that he got a very apparent revival under Liefeld, regardless of what you think of his art. That's beyond the point. All I'm saying is it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb in this set as the other 3 figures are all pretty much done in mirror images of the originals with modern day articulation and sculpting. This one clearly deviates from the formula. Is it better? I suppose that's in the eye of the beholder. Personally I like it, but it was far from what I expected.

Who asked for NED and Peter 2-pack? WHO? This 2-pack is even worse than that MJ-2-pack from 2019 and before me and my friends? Me and my friends deserve our Legends figure by now. On the other hand, I like that Venom and Knull multi-pack and the Amazing Fantasy pack is pretty creative.