Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage

JayC

Loving that Ned. Spider-Man Noire looks really cool too!!! Not sure how I feel about Spider-Ham being static, but oh well. I’m ok with the packaging, I usually buy online only anyway, and if someone messes that up, well… I make sure to return it and complain.

On 4/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, Hogun said:

Who asked for NED and Peter 2-pack? WHO? This 2-pack is even worse than that MJ-2-pack from 2019 and before me and my friends? Me and my friends deserve our Legends figure by now. On the other hand, I like that Venom and Knull multi-pack and the Amazing Fantasy pack is pretty creative.

I've wanted a Ned figure ever since he popped up in the films. I also really liked the MJ. There are so many important "civillian" characters in The Marvel Universes (Cinematic and comic), I'm very glad Hasbro is making more of these characters. That being said, I really do want figures of The Warriors Three (MCU and comics), and am hoping that happens sooner than later. With all of the multiverse stuff, I could see some Asgardian characters who have met their demises being brought back to The MCU, but maybe that's wishful thinking. 

Toad bugs me- I really like Marvel Legends to have kind of a consistent, semi-realistic style across the board for comic-based figures, which this figure DEFINITELY is not. It is, however, a really good representation of Rob Liefeld's art... so, not a bad figure, but not what I was really wanting. For the inflated price point, it would be nice if they included a less-stylized alternate head. 

On 4/19/2022 at 4:02 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

"Toad bugs me- I really like Marvel Legends to have kind of a consistent, semi-realistic style across the board for comic-based figures, which this figure DEFINITELY is not.....For the inflated price point, it would be nice if they included a less-stylized alternate head....." 

All that waiting and anticipation....and this is the result....

After careful inspection...Im torn on Toad. He just looks...off and I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I thought Toad was a portly fellow and I expected a reuse of the Doc Ock body. This just does not look right somehow.

I know Toad became more muscular after the first X-Men movie and the tongue became more of a weapon but this just looks...bizarre. I'm sure they based him off of his X-Force appearance but it just does not look correct. The face is freakishly hideous.

I'm excited to get a Toad figure but kinda bummed it's not this one. 

tumblr_n8j3zxLMIq1s2u4wdo1_640.jpg

On 4/19/2022 at 6:57 PM, McHogan said:

That Toad is the worst of the ToyBiz homage figures and if I were an XMen fan that has waited as long as you have I would riot after seen by that THIS was the result of that huge wait?!? I’m shocked that anyone who wanted a Toad figure would be pleased that this is the figure you will be getting. 

Im really hating the no plastic solution. I’ve only gotten stung twice in my long Legends collecting career and both times was because I overlooked a missing accessory. But BECAUSE I was able to see the figure I was able to avoid many figure swaps. I’ve a terrible feeling collectors are going to get burned by these windowless boxes. 

This is definitely the version of Toad I wanted. I hate the original 60s run of X-Men, and was hoping for his 90s skinny revamp. That said, I kinda hate the heads. They somehow simultaneously pull off Liefeld’s insane, cartoony take on the style of Toad’s face without really matching any of the details. The eyes are too far apart and the smile just isn’t quite as deranged as it should be, as silly as that sounds. I’m disappointed, but it could’ve been worse. I think the body looks more or less perfect, and I can probably get used to the head. It’s not as bad as the upcoming Sabretooth.

On 4/19/2022 at 9:45 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

After careful inspection...Im torn on Toad. He just looks...off and I'm not sure what I'm seeing. I thought Toad was a portly fellow and I expected a reuse of the Doc Ock body. This just does not look right somehow.

tumblr_n8j3zxLMIq1s2u4wdo1_640.jpg

He was portly in the 60s and for his very few appearances in the 70s and 80s, but then he got fit and smart in the early 90s and has been really skinny and/or muscular ever since. He just never put the weight back on. I’m not really sure why so many people were expecting heavy-set Toad. The X-Men characters in this line overwhelmingly lean toward 90s looks, and he was pretty obscure and forgettable prior to then anyway.

On 4/19/2022 at 6:43 PM, Benn said:

"He was portly in the 60s and for his very few appearances in the 70s and 80s....he got fit and smart in the early 90s...He just never put the weight back on. I’m not really sure why so many people were expecting heavy-set Toad...."

Maybe what they were expecting is for him not to be so much as portly, as maybe squat. Thicker, hunched over more....like a Toad.

Also, Hasbro strung his final reveal out so long, people were probably expecting something really dynamic. And this aint it. So that could be affecting the outlook too?

I'm hoping they finally do Master Mind, Destiny and Leland and for pete's sake, a first class Emma Frost.

As I said in another post, really hated the non-plastic package... And Toad was not exactly what I was expecting (which would be the reuse of Frog Man body), but it ended up surprising me in a good way. The 90's X-Men are the most remarkable in my memories and this figure is accurate to those years, although I agree every writer and artist have their own plans and designs to the character, which actually make him look a totally different person every time I see him in the comics.

Toad 01.png

Toad 02.jpg

Boog_ACBA today takes a in-hand look at Hasbro's new Marvel Legends Spider-Man 60th Anniversary Spider-Man And Spinneret 2-Pack which will be available for pre-order later today at 1pm ET at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

This is an early production sample sent out by Hasbro for purposes of review.

Spider-Man-Spinnert-00.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-01.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-02.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-03.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-04.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-05.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-06.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-07.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-08.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-09.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-10.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-11.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-12.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-13.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-14.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-15.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-16.png

Spider-Man-Spinnert-17.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-18.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-19.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-20.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-21.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-22.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-23.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-24.jpg

On 4/19/2022 at 1:28 PM, Hogun said:

Who asked for NED and Peter 2-pack? WHO? This 2-pack is even worse than that MJ-2-pack from 2019 and before me and my friends?

Hmm? Ned isn't a huge need of mine, but he's still a prominent character from a highly popular series of films, as is MJ. There's nothing particularly baffling about the decision to make the two of them, especially since they're far from the first civilians made in the line.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:10 PM, leokearon said:

Still wish it was Spiderling instead of Peter but I really like this set

I'd have definitely been down for a three pack, makes you wonder if/how they'll get her out, hopefully just as a stand alone figure.  

On 4/19/2022 at 10:28 AM, Hogun said:

Who asked for NED and Peter 2-pack? WHO? This 2-pack is even worse than that MJ-2-pack from 2019 and before me and my friends? Me and my friends deserve our Legends figure by now. 

I'm at a loss as to why they made these figures when, as you say, so many others have been requested for years now. But I'm also wondering why they didn't at least include their MJ. Its not like the Legends team doesn't have a kajillion other spindly female molds out there. If they get her face right, at least they already would have the body. And NO, this is not a slam against the actress. She's quite beautiful but she is very thin, which fits in well with a large percentage of what the team uses for female characters.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:50 AM, Atlantis said:

I'm at a loss as to why they made these figures when, as you say, so many others have been requested for years now. But I'm also wondering why they didn't at least include their MJ. Its not like the Legends team doesn't have a kajillion other spindly female molds out there. If they get her face right, at least they already would have the body. And NO, this is not a slam against the actress. She's quite beautiful but she is very thin, which fits in well with a large percentage of what the team uses for female characters.

They already gave us a Homecoming MJ, people were mad about it when it came out and if they had thrown her into this set, people would have been complaining that they had to spend $84 to get Ned and/or Peter. It's possible we'll get a FFH or NWH version or her with Peter in the future. Maybe in a 2-pack with Andrew Garfield lol.

On 4/20/2022 at 10:16 AM, Ironspider428 said:

"They already gave us a Homecoming MJ, people were mad about it when it came out and if they had thrown her into this set, people would have been complaining that they had to spend $84 to get Ned and/or Peter..."

Yeah and they did Homecoming Spidey with Pete's head (not to mention all the other Homecoming stuff) so I don't see that. And sure, people complain but I've seen little indication that Hasbro cares what fans complain about....especially when those same fans buy these things anyway.  It just looks bad, that they went all out on the detail and accuracy for these two, but left her out.