Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage

JayC

Really nice to see a big set of reveals in one live stream!

The Peter Parker/Ned 2-pack looks great. Hopefully there is an MJ rerelease in the works as i skipped the previous 2-pack in the works. 

The Noir figure looks cool, but I have the previous Ham so I'll skip and stick with the old Lizard wave Noir

Speaking of Lizard, tbh i prefer the modern/BAF look, but this is certainly more classic and (for me) evocative of the Mego figure so I'm likely going to get him.

Toad is a skip, i prefer the tubby version and really don't care much for the character to begin with. But no surprise that they went with a 90s version, that was the smart call.  Wonder if we'll see classic Toad later as part of a set or in a BAF wave but no biggie either way

The AM 15 Spidey looks great and is a likely pick up.  Spidey in the spinnaret 2-pack looks cool too but i'll try and wait for a sale.

Knull/Venom is a skip for me but certainly a good idea for a 2-pack.

Whoa hey hey, The Prices on these figures are through the roof here in Canada, ouch ouch, Iron Spider is 47.99 and same with Toad, I can't even begin to imagine what would justify such a premium price tag for either of those guys, even the Iron Man and Cap 20th Anniversary figs were less then that, Knull & Venom is 115 ! I mean Knull is a big boy and Venom has huge wings but...I don't know if they both are worth 57 bucks a each...waaaaa, Spidey & Jane were 72, which sorta seems regular for Canadian 2 pack prices,,, but still weirded out by Iron Spider and Toad being almost 50 bucks. I guess it might be a higher price tag on some of these 60th Anniversary figs because they tend to hike prices up when it's a special program..but that's a lot of hike.

Hasbro hurtin my joy here.

spacer.png

On 4/20/2022 at 3:48 PM, Cyke82 said:

US$28.99 for a plain Spidey figure in a paper package?? They are pushing it really hard...

Yeah like I stated above, you guys think it's rough in the US, check out the Canadian prices, Iron Spider being what 28.99 for you guys it 47 for us, that doesn't even make mathematical sense in terms of the current exchange rate, it should be about 35 for us, but no it's 47 almost 20+ dollars more then the US price. 

49$ Canadian for FA Spidey.....Eeeeesh, this is getting crazier than crazy! Fortuntately I'm not interested in anything else here, but still! I was stoked about a new Toad....that is until they showed it yesterday. That thing just looks weird, really really disturbingly weird, and every bit the MAD magazine character as you guys have pointed out, lol. Easy Pass! I really hope they stop with that exaggerated aesthetic, or at least tone it down; it just doesn't jive with everything else, man. 

So Mary Jane has Spidey powers now?? I'm SO out of the loop.

Im looking forward to that classic Lizard.

I did my research on Toad...he seems to be a more prominent threat since Jim Lee redesigned him and he appeared in the      X-Men movie. I'm still not sold on that face and the extended tongue is just ridiculous BUT I can't deny I'll need to add him to my BROTHERHOOD shelf. X-characters are my weaknesses. 

Now for an all X-Villan wave to complete the Brotherhood! Avalanche and Destiny plus a Blob BAF! Oh and throw in Mesmero!

Mesmero_(Vincent)_(Earth-616)_from_Official_Handbook_of_the_Marvel_Universe_Vol_1_7_0001.jpg

On 4/20/2022 at 3:12 PM, watanabefan said:

Because they're major characters in a popular movie series. Pretty open and shut case. 

Well remember the part where I say So many others have been requested for years now. That was the point @Hogun was making, and I agree. Also, MJ is as much a major character as Ned is, yet they didn't include her. 

On 4/20/2022 at 9:02 PM, Atlantis said:

Well remember the part where I say So many others have been requested for years now. That was the point @Hogun was making, and I agree. Also, MJ is as much a major character as Ned is, yet they didn't include her. 

Yes, that doesn't really change anything about what I said though. The Marvel Universe has thousands of characters. Everyone has someone out there pulling for them, even if they aren't crazy popular. I've been wanting the Gen X kids for years. I still do.  I'm also mystified when a character from whatever the latest blockbuster release gets made ahead of them, since there's a very clear reason for why that happened. 

I confess the whole line of discussion is especially odd when this was clearly a Spider-Man themed Fan First stream for the most part, so I don't really know why there was any confusion about them focusing for the most part on Spider-Man characters and not Thor supporting ones.

On 4/21/2022 at 2:44 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

So Mary Jane has Spidey powers now?? I'm SO out of the loop.

She's not the Prime universe MJ. She is from an alternate universe when the couple have a daughter (after Mayday's death) and they all become a spider family/team. Look up Spider-man: renew your vows. great read.

On 4/20/2022 at 12:57 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah like I stated above, you guys think it's rough in the US, check out the Canadian prices, Iron Spider being what 28.99 for you guys it 47 for us, that doesn't even make mathematical sense in terms of the current exchange rate, it should be about 35 for us, but no it's 47 almost 20+ dollars more then the US price. 

The US price is 33.99, so the CAD price is only about $5 more than it should be.

On 4/20/2022 at 6:08 PM, watanabefan said:

Yes, that doesn't really change anything about what I said though. The Marvel Universe has thousands of characters. Everyone has someone out there pulling for them, even if they aren't crazy popular. I've been wanting the Gen X kids for years. I still do.  I'm also mystified when a character from whatever the latest blockbuster release gets made ahead of them, since there's a very clear reason for why that happened. 

I confess the whole line of discussion is especially odd when this was clearly a Spider-Man themed Fan First stream for the most part, so I don't really know why there was any confusion about them focusing for the most part on Spider-Man characters and not Thor supporting ones.

There's discussion of Toad here as well....the actual topic of the chat is "Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage". So Thor supporting characters fit.

Now if we were to talk about Red Wolf, who I've really wanted....yeah that might be off topic (see how I snuck that in there lol)

I do see your point, but what @Hogun was commenting about is a good point as well. Nobody's saying "don't make this/that character", they're saying if you do this one, then do some of these we've wanted for Years. 

On 4/20/2022 at 1:19 PM, Typhis said:

Isn't the Spider-Ham the same on that came with the Into the Spider-verse Gwen Stacy???

Yes, unfortunately. It would be nice to get a fully-articulated figure if him at some point. The comic-inspired one at least had a few more joints, but was barely posable. 

ShartimusPrime takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Spider-Man 60TH Anniversary Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man figure from Hasbro. This figure is available for pre-order now at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

This figure is a production sample sent out early by Hasbro for purposes of review. Check out our GALLERY

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-02.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-03.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-04.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-05.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-06.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-07.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-08.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-09.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-10.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-11.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-12.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-13.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-14.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-15.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-16.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-17.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-18.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-19.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-20.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-21.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-22.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-23.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-24.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-25.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-26.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-27.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-28.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-29.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-30.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-31.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-32.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-33.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-34.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-35.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-36.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-37.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-38.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-39.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-40.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-41.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-42.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-43.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-44.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-45.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-46.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-47.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-48.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-49.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-50.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-51.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-52.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-53.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-54.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-55.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-56.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-57.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-58.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-59.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-60.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-61.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-62.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-63.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-64.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-65.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-66.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-67.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-68.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-69.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-70.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-71.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-72.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-73.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-74.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-75.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-76.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-77.jpg

Amazing-Fantasy-15-Spider-Man-78.jpg

On 4/21/2022 at 4:36 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yes, unfortunately. It would be nice to get a fully-articulated figure if him at some point. The comic-inspired one at least had a few more joints, but was barely posable. 

Why they are even re-releasing him is beyond me? Gwen wasn't that are to get was she?