Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage

JayC

On 4/21/2022 at 10:25 AM, Atlantis said:

There's discussion of Toad here as well....the actual topic of the chat is "Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage". So Thor supporting characters fit.

Now if we were to talk about Red Wolf, who I've really wanted....yeah that might be off topic (see how I snuck that in there lol)

I do see your point, but what @Hogun was commenting about is a good point as well. Nobody's saying "don't make this/that character", they're saying if you do this one, then do some of these we've wanted for Years. 

Toad was included as part of a running anniversary promotion that's been running all year and we already knew he was coming. My condolences to anyone who thought the Warriors 3 would be shown off here in what was otherwise primarily a Spider-Man stream, but that was always going to be very unlikely.

And I already said my piece on the latter point as well. I get disappointment about your fan favorite not getting made, but what makes less sense to me is specifically positioning something that's more high profile getting made instead as a sort of "How did this happen?!" when, again, there's a pretty simple common sense explanation for why it did. If we lived in the world where the Warriors 3 had some recent high profile pop culture relevancy then yeah, I might be swayed that them not being made while MJ and Need Leeds did as some sort of baffling move, but we don't so I don't. TBH if Hasbro was gonna make them then the iron would've been hottest around 2013 or so when the second Thor movie was out, but that was way before they were doing the current insane yearly Legends output they do now.

On 4/21/2022 at 8:31 AM, leokearon said:

It would have been better

They could be used for all Spider-Man figures, maybe throw in a crate or something like they did when they released that Tarantula years ago....maybe a cool "net" that covers a foe...maybe a "band" that slips over J Jonah's mouth to shut him up....and oh, what a about a larger piece, that could be included in other packages and when put together, make a huge trap between buildings or "trampoline"? 

On 4/21/2022 at 5:38 PM, Atlantis said:

They could be used for all Spider-Man figures, maybe throw in a crate or something like they did when they released that Tarantula years ago....maybe a cool "net" that covers a foe...maybe a "band" that slips over J Jonah's mouth to shut him up....and oh, what a about a larger piece, that could be included in other packages and when put together, make a huge trap between buildings or "trampoline"? 

Yeah, they could have thrown in some of the web effects from the Demogoblin wave Gamerverse figures

On 4/20/2022 at 8:08 PM, SpiderS said:

Lizard figure is really really desaturated, he never looked like this in comics, especially in the first appearance that had old-school vibrant colors, hopefully, Hasbro will paint the figure in more vibrant colors when it's released. 

spacer.png

All mankind will TREMBLE before THE LIZARD!!

On 4/21/2022 at 9:05 AM, leokearon said:

Why they are even re-releasing him is beyond me? Gwen wasn't that are to get was she?

This will be my third Spiderham, including the Venom BAF one.  At least that one could actually *do* something.  This newest iteration just stands there like a paper weight.  Which is probably what I'll use this one for.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, leokearon said:

Why they are even re-releasing him is beyond me? Gwen wasn't that are to get was she?

No, but she and Miles tended to sell very quickly, so I kind of get it, but they should've just given Noir more accessories, and done a fully-articulated Spider-Ham when the next animated Spider-Verse film comes out later this year. 

The first thing that came to my mind when Hasbro revealed the Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man was "they need to repaint this into a Romita-style release." To be honest, the main reason I want this is so people stop touting the retro Spider-Man as the "perfect" capture of Romita's Spidey. It's not. 60s-80s Spider-Man needs a leaner body. Not skinny, just with less defined musculature. That being said, here's my digibash:

14z8d1p76wu81.png?width=2000&format=png&a6xr49p76wu81.png?width=2000&format=png&1a2wzfq76wu81.png?width=2000&format=png&

On 4/21/2022 at 3:23 PM, ADour said:

The first thing that came to my mind when Hasbro revealed the Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man was "they need to repaint this into a Romita-style release." To be honest, the main reason I want this is so people stop touting the retro Spider-Man as the "perfect" capture of Romita's Spidey. It's not. 60s-80s Spider-Man needs a leaner body. Not skinny, just with less defined musculature. That being said, here's my digibash:

14z8d1p76wu81.png?width=2000&format=png&a6xr49p76wu81.png?width=2000&format=png&1a2wzfq76wu81.png?width=2000&format=png&

Yeah that Digibash might be the definitive Spider-Man, I'm sure they will eventually get around to giving this figure the paint job you did here, they gotta milk the Spider-Men as much as they can, Hasbro likely would love to make Legends soley Spider-Man and MCU if they could 😉

On 4/21/2022 at 12:23 PM, ADour said:

This is perfect!

On 4/21/2022 at 11:23 PM, ADour said:

This looks great! Send this to the Hasbro team asap, who knows maybe they will listen since they have all the parts already. 

On 4/20/2022 at 6:44 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

So Mary Jane has Spidey powers now?? I'm SO out of the loop.

HAHHAHAHAHA

*pause*

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I just can't with the Spidey corner of the Marvel Universe, alternate universe or not.

Not just that (any character inevitably becomes Spidered) but this design makes her look like she's 64. I recognize it's comic accurate but come on...a bun?!

On 4/22/2022 at 12:32 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

HAHHAHAHAHA

*pause*

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I just can't with the Spidey corner of the Marvel Universe, alternate universe or not.

Not just that (any character inevitably becomes Spidered) but this design makes her look like she's 64. I recognize it's comic accurate but come on...a bun?!

she is a mother of her second child so...... yeah. 

On 4/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, ADour said:

That looks great. It's annoying that with a bit more time and effort we could have gotten the perfect Spider-man mold

On 4/20/2022 at 6:29 AM, JayC said:
Boog_ACBA today takes a in-hand look at Hasbro's new Marvel Legends Spider-Man 60th Anniversary Spider-Man And Spinneret 2-Pack which will be available for pre-order later today at 1pm ET at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Spider-Man-Spinnert-18.jpg

Spider-Man-Spinnert-21.jpg

Initially I was going to pass on this....but the new Spider-Man here really looks good. And Boog did one of the best reviews I've seen in a long time. I agree with him that patience is a virtue, however it shouldn't have taken this long to get Spider-Man where he should be. He does point out some excellent new features here and thats going to go along with my final decision. Make Mine Marvel.

• 2 months later...