Hasbro Marvel Legends Fan-First Live-Stream Tuesday April 19 Coverage

JayC

On 4/19/2022 at 9:52 PM, MonsterChris said:

So many possibilities for juvenile behavior.  I plan to exploit them all.

This is my guess as to why the recent Siryn figure doesn’t have an open mouth. 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Hasbro's Dan Yun continues his Marvel Legends Video Turn-Around series with a look at the upcoming Walmart Exclusive Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Classic Lizard figure. This one will finally go up for pre-order next week during the Walmart Collector-Con which kicks off on July 21 at 7am PT/10am PT.

On 7/17/2022 at 1:26 PM, Jormungand said:

I'm getting more excited about this figure than I thought I would. Still, would like to see him next to some other character figs for size comparison before ordering him, but oh well.

I think unparalleled universe got a sample from hasbro and did a review on him. And he definitely shows size comparisons.

As we have told you many time the new Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Classic Lizard figure from Hasbro will be going up for pre-order starting this week on July 21 for the Walmart Collector-Con event which kicks off at 7am PT/10am ET.

According to Hasbro's Dan Yun the figure will also be going up for pre-order for folks in the UK and Germany but NOT be available for pre-order in Canada.

An overseas retailer called TF Robots has gotten in stock and posted this in-hand image for the new Marvel Legends 20th Anniversary Toad figure from Hasbro. Hopefully it will show up here in the US soon.

The figure is currently available for pre-order from our sponsor Entertainment Earth.

Toad.jpg

On 7/18/2022 at 5:38 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Good news (or bad) for my Fellow Canadian's looks like this year Walmart will be letting us in Canada in on the Walmart Collector Con event

so we get a crack at this Retro Card Lizard

Oh nice good to know! I won't have to ebay hunt this one 

Hasbro has announced that the Marvel Legends Black Panther Legacy Collection Walmart Exclusive T'Challa figure will be joining the Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Classic Lizard one for pre-order this week on July 21 for the Walmart Collector-Con event which kicks off at 7am PT/10am ET.

In the UK this is being sold exclusively at Smyth's and is already in stock and available for purchase.

Black-Panther-Walmart-00.jpg

Black-Panther-Walmart-01.jpg

On 7/19/2022 at 2:16 PM, Ironfan1972 said:

If I missed this i apologize, but has Hasbro said whether or not there will be more figures added to the retro Iron Man wave other than War Machine?

Yes they did. They wouldn't go through making the special packaging and not use it for others.

On 7/19/2022 at 8:16 AM, Ironfan1972 said:

If I missed this i apologize, but has Hasbro said whether or not there will be more figures added to the retro Iron Man wave other than War Machine?

I don't think they actually answered this question definitively. They kinda gave it the old "let's just see how well these do first" answer. These things got caught in the whole plastic reduction campaign, so in order for these things to look retro' and a large part of the selling point is to look like the Toybiz versions, they would require a large amount of plastic. I'm sure if these sell well they'll continue the line in some form or another, but probably not with this much appeal. Then again, a bit of extra cash always seems to alleviate companies from their environmental concerns. It's like magic.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:44 AM, DrZarnak said:

Toad was never one of my favorites. I started reading comics during the period when he was a joke, but this is a good looking figure, and if he was normal price, I’d probably pick him up. I may see if he gets discounted down the line.

I fall in a similar area. He's never been a favorite of mine, but I would have liked for them to have done the classic version like the Toybiz one. This is more the nouveau classic version started during the Liefeld X-Force era, but I'm gonna get it simply because I doubt they'll ever really do another version. Maybe a color palette variation, but the mold will be the same.

I likely won't pick up any of the Black Panther Legacy figures, Shuri I would've if she had a new head, but at $25, no can do. If she goes on sale maybe. M'Baku looks fantastic with the new paint, he's another that I was considering, maybe if I ever see him in Target.

But really I'm more excited for the implications of this line, it's sort of like the Black Series archives, it seems they're putting out a line of repaints from a past movie to coincide with a sequel, so it might be a possibility we could see some Guardians next year, hopefully Vol. 1 versions with the face printing. I'd love to see a Vol. 2 Rocket painted orange like his original suit.

Hasbro today via ToyShiz has revealed a 3rd Marvel Legends figure for tomorrow's Walmart Collector-Con event. It's Spider-Man Animated Series Retro Cardback Spider-Man figure.

will be joining the Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Classic Lizard and Black Panther Legacy Collection T'Challa for pre-order this week on July 21 for the Walmart Collector-Con event which kicks off at 7am PT/10am ET. See this video for a better look.

ML-Animated-Spider-Man.jpg

ML-Animated-Spider-Man1.jpg

ML-Animated-Spider-Man2.jpg

ML-Animated-Spider-Man3.jpg

ML-Animated-Spider-Man4.jpg

ML-Animated-Spider-Man5.jpg