Hasbro Officially Announces Marvel Legends Tobey, Andrew And Holland No Way Home Spider-Man Figures In 2023

JayC

While the Hasbro Marvel Legends brand team in one of the more recent live-streams had already indicated these would be coming, today Hasbro officially announced they will be doing figures of the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Men from the No Way Home movie. While we've already gotten Tom Holland I am sure Hasbro will give us another one of him as well. These will be coming in 2023. Whether they are released in a 3-pack or some other way remains to be seen.

Spider-Man-No-Way-Home.jpg

So cool. At the showing my family attended there were cheers throughout the flick but none louder than when Garfield then Maguire showed up. Pretty loud pop for Charlie Cox as well.

cant wait to get both, fingers crossed we get unmasked heads for all. I mean, surely Hasbro wouldn’t waste this opportunity to give us Andrew and Toby sculpts right?

This is the best possible news for new Spidey NWH figures.. well done

On 4/13/2022 at 6:51 AM, The_One-Armed_Man said:

Oh hey look, Hasbro re-packaging and re-painting figures we've bought before. WITH BRAND NEW BOX ART! Oh my gorr, I can't miss it 🙄

I'm not sure where you're getting the idea these would be repaints. The last time they did a Tobey Maguire Spider-Man was in 2007, and even that was just a rerelease of an even older ToyBiz figure. A NWH figure is going to require a new sculpt.

In fact, if these were just repaints, we'd likely be getting them sooner than 2023 (as they'd mentioned in the past some of the figures for the 80th anniversary promotion like Agent Anti-Venom and Punisher War Machine were primarily done because repaints are faster to get done than new sculpts).

You know, I figured Sam Raimi was joking about making a new Spider-Man with Tobey McGuire. The more I think about it though, the more I'd like to see that happen. He was more of the Silver Age Spider-Man and I'd like to see what he's up to. He could be anywhere. He could have his own high end lab company, if he focused on his career. Or did he stick to patrolling the neighborhood every night? Did he and Mary Jane work it out? They weren't a great couple. Did he have a kid? Could be a way to introduce Spider-Gwen.

On 4/14/2022 at 1:24 AM, ransomz said:

You know, I figured Sam Raimi was joking about making a new Spider-Man with Tobey McGuire. The more I think about it though, the more I'd like to see that happen. He was more of the Silver Age Spider-Man and I'd like to see what he's up to. He could be anywhere. He could have his own high end lab company, if he focused on his career. Or did he stick to patrolling the neighborhood every night? Did he and Mary Jane work it out? They weren't a great couple. Did he have a kid? Could be a way to introduce Spider-Gwen.

Seeing an older Spidey would be interesting

On 4/12/2022 at 10:58 PM, icematta said:

They took their sweet time, another Disney decision?

Im sure Disney kept it a secret from everyone including Hasbro until basically the movie came out and because it takes time for a figure to be made and brought to market, so in essence yes a Disney decision but since toy leaks often spoil movies you can't really blame em, however with all the leaked footage from the movie itself showing at least Garfield in the movie, saying it was a secret is kinda a funny.

On 4/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, watanabefan said:

Again, other than possibly the Tom Holland Spider-Man, I'm not sure what about that image is telling people these are repaints in a new box. That's a weird leap to make. Particularly when the MCU figures tend to get a lot of new sculpting anyway, if not entirely new bodies. 

I would say Tobey and Garfield will almost def be new figures, not repaints of older figures. And when I say new I don't necessarily mean completely new sculpts. They may reuse parts from older figures but they aren't just gonna take straight up old ones and reissue them. The more interesting question is will they give us photo real unmasked headsculpts for the two.

On 4/14/2022 at 12:38 PM, JayC said:

I would say Tobey and Garfield will almost def be new figures, not repaints of older figures. And when I say new I don't necessarily mean completely new sculpts. They may reuse parts from older figures but they aren't just gonna take straight up old ones and reissue them. The more interesting question is will they give us photo real unmasked headsculpts for the two.

It would be strange if we didn't get unmasked heads then again, not all Spideys come with unmasked heads.

On 4/14/2022 at 6:38 AM, JayC said:

I think all 3 unmasked sculpts are a given. I mean, that’s the selling point, right? Right? Oh, Hasbro, please don’t make me doubt you on this.

I think it's great they are doing this for all of the people clamouring to get a new Tobey and Andrew, but I have zero interest in any of this, But it;s been crazy seeing how much people are willing to pay for outdated Tobey and Andrew figures over the last few months and I feel sad for those who shucked out big bucks to get some super hideous and soon to be replaced figures for 100+ dollars, because they couldn't wait, I might only be interested in a Willem Dafoe Goblin...maybe other then that happy for those who are happy, but I'm also betting these will be exclusives 3 pack or single releases I'm going to be shocked if they were mass retail.

but one thing stands...they better give these guys painted weblines and unmasked heads. Paint those Weblines at the bare minimum Hasbro...don't be those guys.