Jump to content

Thor: Love And Thunder Trailer Online


JayC
 Share

Recommended Posts

I liked the trailer, a lot. I like that it looks like it's gonna be a different movie than what we've seen from the Thor movies, quite character driven. I think he needs that. Could they be teasing his retirement too? Very likely and if this is the last of Thor Odinson, I hope it's a decent and emotional goodbye this movie. 

 

PS. This new less colourful suit with the fur above the shoulders might become my favorite. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greek Gods vs. Norse Gods in a Thor movie! Kinda reminds me of the premise behind the last God of War game.

Obviously they're going for the entire Unworthy Thor angle here. That's cool. What better a segway to establish how another person would become worthy of the hammer. Whatever, I know Hemsworth can pull it off. Let's just see if Portman has the chops to do it after being little more than background noise in the previous films. As a history of being a pretty solid actor I'm hoping for the best, though it strikes me that she'll probably play a more somber part rather than the original Thor.

My biggest disappointment would have to be no forced product placement cameo of the most bestest and most powerfulest and most importantest and most popularestest hero of all times. Aw heck, maybe in the 2nd trailer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was exactly what I expected. Gave plenty of teasers but didn't give much away either. They got me with the scene with Thor, Korg and the giant dead creature. I was trying to figure out who that was, not realizing it was a scene lifted straight from the comics.

I wasn't surprised that Gorr wasn't shown. I'm almost certain that he'll make an appearance in Moon Knight first given that show has so many Gods appearing in it. 

Oh and Miek in a suit killed me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2022 at 12:40 PM, Air-Walker said:

Looks cool to me man! And Olympus?? I've not been keeping up with movie or plot details, but does this mean we're going to see Hercules?? 

I sure hope so. From the looks of things it seems like Thor will somehow become Unworthy and will initially go under the radar when Gorr starts his God Killing, and with the rest of Asgard destroyed he will move on to Olympus where he could possibly cross paths with Hercules after killing Zeus. It looks pretty damn interesting to be sure.

It looks like any indication that the All Black has bonded with Gorr seems to only be showing in his finger tips. Initially, I suppose. I'm sure at some point in the movie he will fully succumb to the influence of the All Black. Nice touch. Maybe there will be an exclusive or maybe a deluxe ML based on it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2022 at 3:47 PM, monron999 said:

I sure hope so. From the looks of things it seems like Thor will somehow become Unworthy and will initially go under the radar when Gorr starts his God Killing, and with the rest of Asgard destroyed he will move on to Olympus where he could possibly cross paths with Hercules after killing Zeus. It looks pretty damn interesting to be sure.

It looks like any indication that the All Black has bonded with Gorr seems to only be showing in his finger tips. Initially, I suppose. I'm sure at some point in the movie he will fully succumb to the influence of the All Black. Nice touch. Maybe there will be an exclusive or maybe a deluxe ML based on it. 

Interesting! Thanks for the info! Would they kill off Russell Crowe Zeus that fast though? Maybe if they hired another actor, as I have a hard time believing they'd hire Maximus himself just to turf him off that quickly, lol. Then again? Well, either way, this looks fun; I really like what Waititi has done withthe Thor-verse so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This was a very low-key trailer, not too much action going on, very soft and emotion driven, I dig it, I have great faith in Taikia watiti to make a great film, I think that this will likely be the most interesting Thor movie, kinda feels like it might be his last.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2022 at 4:16 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

This was a very low-key trailer, not too much action going on, very soft and emotion driven, I dig it, I have great faith in Taikia watiti to make a great film, I think that this will likely be the most interesting Thor movie, kinda feels like it might be his last.

I think it pretty much has to be his last. Of course he'll show up in the 3rd (As)Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but James Gunn has already indicated that some of them will probably die and Thor buying the farm might be the best ending for his story line. Thor is supposed to be an Immortal being, but sadly we don't have any immortal beings to play his part, and though Hemsworth has aged well I don't imagine he'll be able to keep up with it forever. Jane can take over for an arc, but she is mortal without the hammer's enchantment so they can always age her or kill her off that way. What I'm hoping is they introduce Hercules in this movie and cast a fairly young actor who can carry another 10 year franchise along side the Fantastic Four and X-Men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, monron999 said:

I think it pretty much has to be his last. Of course he'll show up in the 3rd (As)Guardians of the Galaxy movie, but James Gunn has already indicated that some of them will probably die and Thor buying the farm might be the best ending for his story line. Thor is supposed to be an Immortal being, but sadly we don't have any immortal beings to play his part, and though Hemsworth has aged well I don't imagine he'll be able to keep up with it forever. Jane can take over for an arc, but she is mortal without the hammer's enchantment so they can always age her or kill her off that way. What I'm hoping is they introduce Hercules in this movie and cast a fairly young actor who can carry another 10 year franchise along side the Fantastic Four and X-Men.

Yeah I mean of course Hemsworth can't play Thor forever, but I do think he has enough energy and youthful'ness they can keep him going for some time after this, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was the final Thor movie with him as the star, he can continue to age and be a good replacement for Odin in the MCU, but yeah likely he won't serve as a main character for much longer, but unless Hemsworth calls it quits in this role I can see him going on to be in Asgard/cosmic based movies at least on a level Hopkins was, I'd not be surprised if we saw Jane as the main Thor going forward at least for a few years, she isn't extremely young herself but she could be a good element to further avengers movies. I'm sure at some point we will get a older Wiccan once he gets more development and he can be Asgardian at some point and fill the Thor void for the next however many phases, likely we will also be seeing Beta Ray and Thunderstrike (who can be Thor for a period) they can fill in for a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the trailer again, I think that scene with Jane will be near the start of the movie. Thor sees her and starts to believe he is not needed anymore, then goes on a journey of self reflection. He travels through various planets and pantheons and at some point, arrives at the Behemoth skeleton and realizes something is wrong. (which by the way is a near perfect match to the comic scene.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The other day along with the new Thor: Love And Thunder trailer we got a look at the first poster for the movie which featured Thor in his Ravenger outfit. Well today we get a look at a second poster that is very similar to the first only now it features Mighty Thor played by Natalie Portman. Look for the movie to be released in theaters on July 8.

Natalie-Portman-Thor-Poster.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I liked this suit for Thor when I first saw it, some leaked poster it was or something like that, but wanted to see if it looks good on screen and it looked great in the trailer and so does here. I hope we get this version of this new look in marvel legends form at some point. Lady Thor looks pretty stunning as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hemsworth as Thor or Odinson or whateverthehell part he's playing is enough to put me in the seat to watch this movie. Ninety pound Natalie Portman carrying a hammer half her size is even more ridiculous than the story was in the comics. Sure critics loved it but it is statistically one of the worst moves in Marvel history, like it or not. I'm not completely writing it off as Hemsworth understandably has to move on and something must be done to carry on the story. Portman is no spring chicken either so I can't imagine the plan is to move forward with her as Thor for too long. Hopefully this is just a one off to transition to another franchise (say Hercules, maybe) and they'll just end the Thor franchise here. Seriously, the best bet is to kill him off and let him have a hero's end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2022 at 5:28 PM, monron999 said:

Hemsworth as Thor or Odinson or whateverthehell part he's playing is enough to put me in the seat to watch this movie. Ninety pound Natalie Portman carrying a hammer half her size is even more ridiculous than the story was in the comics. Sure critics loved it but it is statistically one of the worst moves in Marvel history, like it or not. I'm not completely writing it off as Hemsworth understandably has to move on and something must be done to carry on the story. Portman is no spring chicken either so I can't imagine the plan is to move forward with her as Thor for too long. Hopefully this is just a one off to transition to another franchise (say Hercules, maybe) and they'll just end the Thor franchise here. Seriously, the best bet is to kill him off and let him have a hero's end.

Given the Armoured Thor costume and How Thor's Ravager look resembles his costume I wouldn't be surprised if Thunderstrike turned up at some point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2022 at 12:20 PM, WilsonFisk4President said:

That's not what "statistically" means.

Meaning the critics, who don't buy the comics and most likely didn't even read the comics, fawned all over the concept but actual statistics (the gathering and analysis of hard data) tracking sales and profits indicated readership went down. That is statistically accurate.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...







Sign Up For The TNI Newsletter And Have The News Delivered To You!


Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE