Hasbro Marvel Legends New Non-Plastic Figure Packaging Revealed

JayC

Hey, it could be worse... at least hasbro still allows their figures to come with firearms, even if its mostly sci-fi type guns. 

I don't really get too worked up about the chest size of female figures, but i do agree that Hasbro could stand to have more variety in body types among the molds for female characters. A lot of them look like they might have an eating disorder, but i guess that's preferable to hinting at sexuality by making them too curvy or something.

I am glad that more female character are getting double jointed elbows. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:42 AM, bashpics99 said:

"I don't really get too worked up about the chest size of female figures, but i do agree that Hasbro could stand to have more variety in body types among the molds for female characters. A lot of them look like they might have an eating disorder, but i guess that's preferable to hinting at sexuality by making them too curvy or something...."

Again...its not about chest size. Its about accuracy. Its really no different from the complaints about lack of lines on Spider-Man's webbing, or Electro's quilted outfit. No different from Moon Knight being on the wrong buck, Dormammu having his eyes and mouth painted over, Quicksilver with granite gray hair and without his "tufts", Omega Sentinel's head painted as caucasian when she's brown-skinned. Note how "sexuality" isn't an issue when its the Sub-Mariner, the Beast, Hercules or the Thing depicted in their briefs. 

When Legends puts out the likes of Psycho- Man, War Machine, Hercules, and even Rock Python, its clear that they can do figures in their correct outfits ( no matter how simple or complicated), correct body proportions from the comics. Just want to see that accuracy in their female figs as well. 

• 1 month later...

After seeing some in hand images and videos of the new Plastic-free packaging there are a couple of problems that Hasbro should address.

1. The waste: Seriously, you are trying to go green and you fill most of the packaging with more cardboard that is twice as big as the figure. They should reduce the size of the box, especially as cardboard prices are on the up.
  2. The box art: Or lack of, instead of a  nice or cool image of the character, like Transformers, we get a stock image render. That isn't going to attract buyers, Hasbro already use nice boxart on the back and side of their figures, so now it should be at the front.
  3. Security: As I stated before in this thread and others. If Hasbro were going the Plastic Free route, they need security, something like the Transformers Generation Selects boxes. But nope, it is the same way of opening the box with the same pieces of clear tape. That isn't going to deter thieves and swappers at all.

it is what it is.  i expect a lot of MOC collectors will move on to other lines, and retail sales will drop since the one advantage retail had over online ordering (ability to inspect product for QC issues) will be gone.  What impact those two consequences will have on the line are hard to foresee, but man tough time to implement this policy when collectors are already having 2nd thoughts about the line due to price increases...

and yeah i expect swapping and part stealing to be rampant, whether you purchase in store or online

Hasbro's Marvel Legends Brand Team Attempts To Dance Around The New Non-Plastic Packaging Problem

They did indeed try to dance around the issue, but I appreciate that Jay time marked the pertinent spots in the interviews. The team squirmed and tried to be bold by bringing out the company's talking points, but really what else could they do. They know full well they are the faces hasbro has chosen to bolster the feeling the comany wants you to have, that they'e your friend, and really relate to you- Hasbro Pulse Fan Friday, ya'll! But they are easily replaceable, and don't think hasbro doesn't let them know it. 

The real issue is how this comes on top of collector dissatisfaction, price hikes up the wazoo, selection of characters and then the inaccurate figures you get when the characters are made, etc. Eventually, Legends is gonna take a consumer hit.

Then look how long it takes for the figures to appear. That list 27:40 the last interviewer ran off, Xmanny 87? A good chunk of those (with the exception of Mr Negative), if made, won't show up until 2024, 2026. We're talking 6-8 years from now. Some of you reading this are gonna be in your mid-50s -60s by then lol. So they need to get a'crackin'.