Norman Osborn Returns And Spidey Debuts A New (Goblin-Inspired) Suit In Amazing Spider-Man #7 And #8

JayC

Next week, Marvel Comics will honor 60 years of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN with the launch of a legendary new run by writer Zeb Wells and definitive Spider-Man artist John Romita Jr. From the first issue, fans will see the makings of a bold era in the life of Peter Parker. On the outs with the FF, the Avengers, and even Aunt May, the question that will be on everyone’s mind will be: WHAT DID SPIDER-MAN DO? The new saga will take another wild turn in July’s AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7 when Norman Osborn returns with big plans for Peter and ushers in one of the biggest Spidey status quo changes in years… Courtesy of Oscorp?! Spider-Man will be getting a new suit complete with accessories that look vaguely…familiar. Is that a GLIDER?!

Check out the covers and Patrick Gleason’s design sheet right now and pick up AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7 this July to discover the story behind the new look! And don’t forget to swing by your local comic shop next week for AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #1!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7
Written by ZEB WELLS
Art and Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
Design Variant Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
On Sale 7/6

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #8
Written by ZEB WELLS
Art and Cover by JOHN ROMITA JR.
On Sale 7/27

ASM2022007_cov.jpg

0-ASM2022007designVariant.jpg

ASM2022008_cov.jpg

Romita isn't something I'm looking forward to honestly. But we'll see what the story ison this short lived suit will be before I judge.

But lil more irritated that #1 isn't out yet and we're seeing stuff for #7 & #8 already and the whole what did Peter do thing is harder talked about in the other issues previews we've been shown.

On 4/20/2022 at 9:56 AM, Audie said:

Wtf. Why is Marvels answer to not knowing what to do with Spidey always New Costume or Combine With Other Character? The Romita “art” was already putting me off with this book. That glider is an abomination. 

I stopped buying Spider-Man when they did that repugnant osborn /Gwen thing.  I heard that Marvel rectonned that away, thankfully, but there's no getting over that he is responsible for her death, and it just makes no sense he's still around. I get it, they want an arch -enemy, and for a long time that was the Green Goblin, but there comes a point with a character that you've reached the end, and these 'writers" can't seem to grasp that. And JR's art just isn't helping. 

On 4/20/2022 at 10:07 PM, tarot said:

Hasbro to Marvel: "We need new designs for Spider-man to make figures for."

Marvel: " Here you go"

The sad thing I would buy it.

Ahahahah same man 😂

I really hope we will get anytime soon a Classic Spidey based on Gleasson art that would be AWESOME !!! 
A 2 pack Spider-Man/Kindred with tones of alternates head a dream … 😍

On 4/20/2022 at 10:34 PM, Atlantis said:

I stopped buying Spider-Man when they did that repugnant osborn /Gwen thing.  I heard that Marvel rectonned that away, thankfully, but there's no getting over that he is responsible for her death, and it just makes no sense he's still around. I get it, they want an arch -enemy, and for a long time that was the Green Goblin, but there comes a point with a character that you've reached the end, and these 'writers" can't seem to grasp that. And JR's art just isn't helping. 

Spencer's run can be considered good only due to that retcon alone, even though there are some definite highlights like Boomerang being Peter's BFF.

Spoiler: but it was revealed Mephisto was involved with Norman becoming evil or at least an evil killer, so he now feels guilt for what he did to everyone. So this whole Oscorp-sponsored Spider-Man thing might be the new way for Osborn to correct the damage he's done to Peter. This is more or less logical but it does look pretty lame.