Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Release Date Moved To June 2023

JayC

I guess they couldn't finish the animation in time that would look as good and as exciting as the first movie did. Either way, it sucks. Also, it could be due to Spider-Man fatigue, I even wouldn't be surprised if Sony planned an extended cut of the No Way Home for the summer, I'm saying this due to the 4k Blu-ray home release having almost no deleted scenes as extras, which does make it very suspicious.

On 4/21/2022 at 6:13 PM, SpiderS said:

I guess they couldn't finish the animation in time that would look as good and as exciting as the first movie did.

That would be my guess. We've all seen movies, shows, and games where the animation/effects had been rushed, and it's disappointing as hell. Waiting an extra six months sucks, but if they need the time to get things right, I'm fine with that.

On 4/21/2022 at 11:47 PM, tarot said:

This will also throw Hasbro's schedule out of whack. They had a wave planned out for it. 

They could just hold the wave back, like they are doing with the Transformers: Rise of the Beasts studio series figures. Besides we still have three waves not released yet

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The next Spider-Man movie is coming to theaters June 2023. Watch the new trailer for Spider-Man: Across the Spider Verse now.

Miles Morales returns for the next chapter of the Oscar®-winning Spider-Verse saga, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse. After reuniting with Gwen Stacy, Brooklyn’s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is catapulted across the Multiverse, where he encounters a team of Spider-People charged with protecting its very existence. But when the heroes clash on how to handle a new threat, Miles finds himself pitted against the other Spiders and must redefine what it means to be a hero so he can save the people he loves most.

Directed by:
Joaquim Dos Santos
Kemp Powers
Justin K. Thompson

Screenplay by:
Phil Lord & Christopher Miller and David Callaham

On 12/14/2022 at 3:16 AM, leokearon said:

Plenty of spiders but not much on the plot. Still it's best for a trailer not to tell everything.

Yeah I keep noticing that as well, no real plot being showcased, not really sure what's going on in this movie other then multiverse antics.

anyways looks awesome, if it's even half as good as the first movie I'll be happy.

from what I hear I guess the villains will be Vulture and Spot, with 2099 kinda being a issue and likely becoming an ally, but the whole Spider-Verse thing is the real villain like Morlun on the hush? he should be.

Miles Morales returns for the next chapter of the Oscar-winning Spider-Verse saga, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, and now a brand new poster for the upcoming film has arrived. Take a peek at it above, featuring a bevy of Spideys — it's how you wear the mask that matters.

After reuniting with Gwen Stacy, Brooklyn’s full-time, friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is catapulted across the Multiverse, where he encounters a team of Spider-People charged with protecting its very existence. But when the heroes clash on how to handle a new threat, Miles finds himself pitted against the other Spiders and must redefine what it means to be a hero so he can save the people he loves most.

The film is directed by Joaquim Dos Santos, Kemp Powers, and Justin K. Thompson, from a screenplay by Phil Lord & Christopher Miller, and David Callaham. The film is produced by Avi Arad. Amy Pascal, Phil Lord. Christopher Miller, and Christina Steinberg, with executive producers Bob Persichetti, Peter Ramsey, Rodney Rothman, Aditya Sood, Rebecca Karch, and Brian Bendis.

The cast includes Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, Jake Johnson. Issa Rae, Daniel Kaluuya. Jason Schwartzman, Brian Tyree Henry, Luna Lauren Velez. Greta Lee. Rachel Dratch, Jorma Taccone. Shea Whigham and Oscar Isaac. 

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse swings into theaters (and the Multiverse) on June 2, 2023. 

Across-The-Spider-Verse-Movie-Poster.jpg