Marvel Legends Series Defender Strange Action Figure Video Review And Images

Outsiders

On 4/24/2022 at 2:10 AM, leokearon said:

Never happy with paying Deluxe money for an effect, but it is a really fun effect and Defender Strange is a great figure

Yeah, I may end up biting and getting it… mostly because of the effect,  but I agree it’s not worth deluxe money

I agree as well, the effect is awesome but the cost is a killer. I managed to nab two of these but I would love 6 portal effects for various displays. Really hoping these effect pieces end up on Pulse so I can grab a few more. At its current price, 2 is all I can stretch my funds. 

On 4/25/2022 at 7:31 AM, Atlantis said:

Thing is, there's nothing keeping this effect from coming with a standard figure.  But they love they money.....

I don't know if the effect would fit into a standard package. Still, it isn't a big a rip-off as most of the Black Series "Deluxes"

If this figure goes down in price. I would bite the bullet. But at its current price point at 60$ CDN is not worth it. Less accessories on a deluxe figure is only fit for large characters like Apocalypse or Archangel with those wings. Had he been included with additional accessories besides additional hands.

On 4/25/2022 at 2:41 AM, leokearon said:

I don't know if the effect would fit into a standard package. Still, it isn't a big a rip-off as most of the Black Series "Deluxes"

Can you elaborate? I don’t collect or follow the Black Series. 

On 4/26/2022 at 3:03 AM, leokearon said:

(left) Boba Fett when he was first released: Stand Packaging. (Right) Current Boba Fett: Deluxe

df4b4e9-b9906d9e-f4e6-40e7-9b15-ee300407  f40645l00_5010993957569_pkg_21_online_20

Yeah this current black series trend is likely the litmus test to see if the collectors would blindly pay the price for basically nothing additional, but if and can we fit this figure in a bigger box, such with this strange figure, is the effect likely bigger then a normal box and would not fit in a standard box, I'd say yes, but this this worth like almost double the price of a single figure no, and it's insane, going back to Boba Fett black series figures as of recent, they really are trying.. when I bought a Boba figure some time back with all the same accessories for the price of a single figure, is Defender strange worth almost double because of the effect...oh no no, that effect isn't using the same amount of plastic, technology or molding as a second figure would even if it was a re-paint...

it's tough out there for a collector, they want to gouge you good, be careful.