Marvel Legends Black Panther Legacy Collection Figures Revealed

JayC

Well interesting, these are truly re-releases, I'm not sure if I think this is a easy weird cash grab, a whole new subline based off previous figures, sure some of these figures people might be interested in getting again, not a whole lot of difference with them, I do appreciate the new deco on Killmonger it actually looks really good, but I don't think I'd be replacing the old one, just don't need more MCU figures in my life, in fact I want less of them, I've been contemplating selling all/or some off.

I can see the painting differences and the new parts on these figures (Nakia), but I'm really wondering if the Tchalla head is new on the BP movie version. It looks kinda new to me, but after having a closer look, I think it probably is a repaint of the previous one. If that's the case then it's another proof that using the right colours and definitions here and there, can really make a difference. These packagings also look sweet. Anyway this is a great chance for everyone who missed some of these figures or is new in the ''business'' to get their hands on them. I gotta say though, Shuri's face now looks cartoonish, not really an improvement.

PS. Just a thought that I've had for a while: I'd really like to see a kinda deluxe Black Panther figure, like a definitive MCU version of the character, since we won't see him again. It could also be a little tribute to Chadwick Boseman. 

Just saw they are re-releasing the kids figures, that's a weird choice, I have seen that Black Panther and Shuri still on store racks to this day with a price tag of 4 bucks, and that Titan hero is still sitting on shelves seems like such a strange idea to re-release these since they were super clearance and still ain't selling.

That's good for people who missed on these figures, Civil War Black Panther and Killmonger are especially good figures but why didn't they include other Dora Milaje heads with Nakia, that seems like a serious missed opportunity. Hopefully, they will give the same rerelease treatment to Endgame figures, like Endgame Cap with a broken shield would be amazing. 

On 4/28/2022 at 11:46 AM, McHogan said:

Was Killmongers mask ever that gold? I can't recall but this seems jarring 

The first run wasn't, no. The gold was much more spread out across the mask in an almost web pattern, whereas this one basically covers the mask almost like a skull cap.

I’m wondering if this Legacy line will stick with MCU characters or if they will add a comic line in here or there? 

It could be a way to get a properly painter Dr Strange 

or a proper MCU Agent as well. 

On 4/29/2022 at 2:27 AM, LordVenger said:

I’m just curious if anyone was asking for these? I don’t remember any of these selling well the first time around. 

The BP's sold well, and go for big bucks now on the aftermarket, because of Chadwick's passing, but Nakia, Killmonger and Shuri were not big sellers, at least from what I saw, I can still find Shuri for like 10 bucks currently, and I remember getting the Killmonger for like 15 bucks years ago, Nakia wasn't hugely popular from what I recall, but hey I guess Hasbro thinks it's time to revisit these figures, and they do what they please.

On 4/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, Mjolnir_Customs said:

Looks like everyone got a repaint except for Black Panther. Can’t see any differences offhand. Colors are different for Shuri and Killmonger. Nakia has a slight recoloring and the boots of Okoye or the Dora Milaje. Different enough. Ugh. $25 for a repaint without a BAF. Sign of the times…

Yeah on one hand, great chance for those who missed out the first time, on the other hand, not much here to justify the mark up. But a BAF of M'Baku in his comic original outfit, or something really unexpected, like Symbiote Panther....

OMG! Just another cheap gimmick for Hasbro to repurpose (via some minor paint apps) stored up product that didn't sell quite as well as they wanted everyone to think they did. I liked the movie good enough. It was one of the better introductions of a new character, but I didn't quite think it was the MCU's best effort evaaaaaah! That honor is forever reserved for Captain Devine Destiny (wink, wink).

Everyone seemed to like BP's first wave well enough. It hit all the main characters, gave us a Classic Namor and a Modern IM. The BAF was a bit of head scratcher but it was a great looking figure, but lets not act like after the IM's and Namor's left the shelves there weren't months and months of droves and droves of figures left on the pegs. There was absolutely no need for a 2nd "Emergency" wave. Sure there were a few good ones in there but nothing they couldn't have done as those oh-so-lovely Walmart or Target exclusives they love doing so much, or as multi-packs (oh, they did those too).

If you actually believe they produced an entire wave of proto's, got the green light from the suits, jumped the production schedule, got the box art and design locked up and got the product on the shelves in less than 6 month's time, between when they claimed to have realized the first wave was so wildly popular to the 2nd wave blasting out onto the shelves, let me tell you a story of an actual highly demanded character who it took over 12 years for Hasbro to do it's take on and when they did it was little more than a face swap and a washed out paint job. Let's ask fans of Maestro how quickly and efficiently Hasbro really responds to fans' requests.

While I'm sure the entirety of humanity appreciated how Hasbro was able to respond to such a widespread worldwide crisis in such record time, what ended up happening is most people cherry picked as many Dora Milaje, (which was kind of a kick in the cubes for those of us who built the Okoye BAF) as they could and Erik Killmongers and left the rest for the rats to gnaw on. Seriously, is there anyone outside those countries that have typical ML distribution hardships that weren't able to get at least a single copy of any of these figures that they wanted? IM's, Namor and Dora Milaje might be hard to come by, but given a few hours, I'm fairly certain I can still go out to local hobby, comic and discount shops and get any BP figure I want. And they'd probably give me $5 back.

This is another cockamamie way for Hasbro to slap a coat of paint on a buncha overproduced figures and a buncha undersold BAF's and sell it as some special brand without actually producing anything new. It's like throwing a bag of feces against the wall to see what sticks. Unfortunately, that usually only manages to produce a few skidmarks. At least they had the decency to do it as online pre-orders and exclusives instead of trying to coax the retailers to purchase full cases of waves with such questionable consumability.

For those who had actual problems getting ahold of these things the first time I'm truly happy for you. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they did much, if anything, to make them more available in the aforementioned countries, so there's still that. At least you don't have to worry about competing with me for them. Sooooooo.....that's something. I guess. SMMFH.

i actually like the idea that the are releasing these figure's i know some people are upset because or the toy price's and i know some people were expecting more and i know some people are confused i get it i really do the are all the same figure with miner details if you wanna know what i mean well here let me show youi know i know it's a little change a least they tried. oh and if you guys dont know what i'm talking about look at her hands.

Hasbro-Marvel-Studios-Legend-Series-Black-Panther-Legacy-Collection-Shuri-6-in-Action-Figure.jpeg

41QCc9k0KTL.jpg

On 4/28/2022 at 3:46 PM, McHogan said:

Was Killmongers mask ever that gold? I can't recall but this seems jarring 

it was gold alright but they kinda over did it though i still like it 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:07 PM, SpiderS said:

That's good for people who missed on these figures, Civil War Black Panther and Killmonger are especially good figures but why didn't they include other Dora Milaje heads with Nakia, that seems like a serious missed opportunity. Hopefully, they will give the same rerelease treatment to Endgame figures, like Endgame Cap with a broken shield would be amazing. 

true but in a way they kinda did re-release end game cap in that one two pack with sam wilson but i do get where your coming from 

On 4/29/2022 at 3:53 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

The BP's sold well, and go for big bucks now on the aftermarket, because of Chadwick's passing, but Nakia, Killmonger and Shuri were not big sellers, at least from what I saw, I can still find Shuri for like 10 bucks currently, and I remember getting the Killmonger for like 15 bucks years ago, Nakia wasn't hugely popular from what I recall, but hey I guess Hasbro thinks it's time to revisit these figures, and they do what they please.

true they sold even well when the had wave 2 

The only people upset about the legacy panther wave are folks who assume that if this wave didn't exist then they would've gotten a wave full of comic characters they wanted instead, be it the Warriors Three, Count Nefaria, Mr. Negative, Banshee, whatever.  There's really no other reason to have any negative feelings about his wave, aside from perhaps the lack of Okoye... but i would assume she is getting a slot in the proper BP 2 wave.

On 5/5/2022 at 7:34 AM, bashpics99 said:

The only people upset about the legacy panther wave are folks who assume that if this wave didn't exist then they would've gotten a wave full of comic characters they wanted instead, be it the Warriors Three, Count Nefaria, Mr. Negative, Banshee, whatever.  There's really no other reason to have any negative feelings about his wave, aside from perhaps the lack of Okoye... but i would assume she is getting a slot in the proper BP 2 wave.

I def dont hate that this exists and def dont think of it as a "wasted slot". I think the thing I kind of hate about it is Hasbro resurrecting older figures with some extra paint and adding $5+ more to the price tags. I know its business and thats how things go but something about it I just dont like. Like I know aftermarket prices and things like that but its weird and kind of dirty to me. And usually when they do re-releases, they are more than just some extra paint and usually not whole waves of re-releases. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 3:34 AM, bashpics99 said:

I can see that, but I see the other side as well. Re-releasing a wave but jacking up the price, is my gripe. There's nothing new in this wave, nothing to justify that hike.

But I'll say this, if they re-release this wave, why not others. How about the X-Men Jubilee wave? The Spider-Man Kingpin wave? What about some box sets? How many people missed out on the Cap/Ms. Marvel/Radioactive Man set? Hellfire club box set?

See what I mean?  Its endless.