Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Siryn Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Today I take a look at the new Marvel Legends X-Men Bonebreaker Build-A-Figure Wave Siryn figure from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 00.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 28.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn 29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-X-Men-Siryn.jpg

The new 'angry hands' are a nice sculpt, but they don't really match with a neutral face?

It seems like a really cynical decision to ship her without a screaming head. 'We sculpted a screaming face for a future release, so you'll have to buy that version later'. Watch out for a another 3-pack in the future with a new exclusive character (my money is on Feral).
The hair sculpt is beautiful, but as the review states - it feels incongruous with the  facial expression.
Hopefully the next version of her will be a more complete package, building on the good elements here.

I must say that is a beautiful head sculpt, but as it's a pretty much unanimous feeling, a damn shame there's no screaming head sculpt. It will be coming shortly though. I promise, there is another "Family Values" type set coming with Banshee, a more modern Black Tom, and a screaming Siryn with a slightly modified costume design. And we won't have any way to see if the products are actually in the box.

So not super familiar with her ( that being said I know the best representation of her powers is a screaming head. Bad move Hasbro) but is her suit as dark green as the figure or lighter like the box art?

for me, the the lighter looks more striking. I’m guessing the answer is both lighter and darker depending on the era.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:38 PM, Nessex said:

"...It seems like a really cynical decision to ship her without a screaming head. 'We sculpted a screaming face for a future release, so you'll have to buy that version later...."

Why would they have make such an obviously wrong choice here? A cheap, and totally unnecessary move to make sure we'd get the next Siryn, which will certainly have the screaming head and a passive head, probably on the blue/gold X-Men "training" suit, maybe the green bell bottoms outfit (lookin at YOU, Dazzler). 

Same kind of nonsense with the so-called classic Dr. Strange (because they're gonna release the corrected version, along with Dormammu, down the road).

Because the fans would have bought both. This "trick" is simply uncalled for. 

I saw a bit of the shart interview with the team and thought it was so sad that he found it necessary to stipulate that he hopes to see Banshee "with an open mouth". Its like asking for a Captain America and stressing that he have his shield. 

This isn't something you should ever have to say to anyone who has any knowledge of Marvel comics, let alone people who claim to be fans.

This figure looks excellent (enough for what we get), should it have came with an open screaming mouth head, uh yeah, but whatever I can deal, I'd probably use the neutral head anyways in my display, her face sculpt is very nice, pinless articulation points are great, nice to finally get Siryn after all this time. This is the most wanted figure for me from this wave for certain, I'm hoping these start hitting everywhere soon, it feels like it's been awhile for me since figures I wanted came out.

I still think it's a bit mean and a tease she's screaming in the box art, but the figure isn't, we know there is going to be a different costume version coming somewhere in the figure with that head they didn't want to give us this go round.

Also my goodness, I have not laid eyes on that Banshee in so long, what a hideous beast that figure is, please Banshee next, that figure must haunt the Legends team...wash the taste of that one out.

On 4/29/2022 at 1:48 PM, SpiderS said:

It's an overall very decent figure, I do think they did consider alternate head but they couldn't make it work, the same way they had a hard time giving Meggan a proper smile that looked as good as comic book art, I would imagine doing screaming head would be more difficult, especially on the female face.

Sorry but what are you talking about? What, the female faces can't scream or show expression? Disagree. The old Thundra has clenched teeth. Enchantress has a smirk going on. Firestar, Hellcat, Moira and the upcoming Spinnerete all have smiles. She-Hulk has a full on rage snarl (so does X-23 from Sasquatch BAF wave). They absolutely could have made it work.

On 4/29/2022 at 10:09 PM, Atlantis said:

Sorry but what are you talking about? What, the female faces can't scream or show expression? Disagree. The old Thundra has clenched teeth. Enchantress has a smirk going on. Firestar, Hellcat, Moira and the upcoming Spinnerete all have smiles. She-Hulk has a full on rage snarl (so does X-23 from Sasquatch BAF wave). They absolutely could have made it work.

Female faces can certainly show expression, but i can't recall any figures with open mouth or screaming, gritted teeth is as close as you get. To me that suggests that hasbro is opposed to having screaming/yelling female figures for whatever reason.  Some say it makes the figure look like a blow-up doll... i'm not sure that is the rationale, but i'm sure there is some reason whether its a hasbro edict or something coming from disney or marvel

FWIW i think very few of ML's "human" men have open mouths either - Thunderstrike, Bullseye, the Hood, maybe Weapon X iirc?

Mainly we get open mouths on more monstrous/inhuman characters that have crazy tongues (Monster Venom, Sugarman, Demogoblin) or articulated jaws (Sauron, Lizard BAF, Beta Ray Bill, Ghost Rider).   And Ultron, i guess (although not Jocasta!)

EDIT: Is gwenpool closest to having an open mouth? she has a tongue sticking out on at least one head, i think

On 4/30/2022 at 3:25 AM, leokearon said:

Looks great. I'm glad she doesn't have a screaming head because I just know they would just give us one or the other; looking at you Thunderstrike.

Given a choice between one or the other, I would have preferred a screaming head (but just barely).  She needed two heads more than any other character in the wave needed anything that they do come with.  Is Wolverine's alternate head new or a reuse?  If it was a budgetary or some other constraint that kept a second head out of the wave, then they should have held back on the character until they could release her with two heads.  In context of the line, it's pretty clear to me that the plan from "go" was to try and sell the figure twice.

On 4/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, MonsterChris said:

Given a choice between one or the other, I would have preferred a screaming head (but just barely).  She needed two heads more than any other character in the wave needed anything that they do come with.  Is Wolverine's alternate head new or a reuse?  If it was a budgetary or some other constraint that kept a second head out of the wave, then they should have held back on the character until they could release her with two heads.  In context of the line, it's pretty clear to me that the plan from "go" was to try and sell the figure twice.

I think Logan's head is the same as the one that came with the Amazon 5 pack, but I can't be 100% sure. They look similar. I'm guessing most of the wave's budget went into Bonebreaker and Vulcan

On 4/30/2022 at 6:41 AM, bashpics99 said:

Female faces can certainly show expression, but i can't recall any figures with open mouth or screaming, gritted teeth is as close as you get. To me that suggests that hasbro is opposed to having screaming/yelling female figures for whatever reason.  Some say it makes the figure look like a blow-up doll... i'm not sure that is the rationale, but i'm sure there is some reason whether its a hasbro edict or something coming from disney or marvel

There just hasn't been a really good reason to make a screaming female head until now. The hint from the December live stream of "We've actually made some extra pieces for her that hopefully we'll be using the next time we figure out a place to bring her out" certainly implies an upcoming open mouth head and likely a sonic scream effect that both she and her da can use.

I don't mind not having the screaming head. I'm more worried about that cape, seems to be the same material as the cape that came in the TAS/Jim Lee Storm and I could never make that look good on display. Seems to just flop there. Atleast this one doesn't have ropes/shoelaces to tie it down to her wrists unlike Storm!

That said, excited to finally get a Siryn. I don't think we even got a Siryn in the old 5" line from Toybiz in the 90s right? Is this her first ever action figure?

On 4/30/2022 at 2:41 AM, bashpics99 said:

"....gritted teeth is as close as you get. To me that suggests that hasbro is opposed to having screaming/yelling female figures for whatever reason....i'm not sure that is the rationale, but i'm sure there is some reason whether its a hasbro edict or something coming from disney or marvel..."

Sorry but that's heading into a real jumping to conclusions mode of reasoning.  Just because you haven't seen an exact particular thing doesn't mean hasbro's opposed to it. We've yet to see figures of classic Aunt May, Wonder Man, Red Wolf, Mockingbird, Dr. Spectrum or Gladiator for example, but there's no reason to conclude hasbro is opposed to them. As far as an edict from Marvel, Hasbro or Disney....what is that based on?? In light of not only the examples I cited, which clearly show the team has the skill to do it, but also the reminder from @Satam regarding the live stream,  there's no evidence to say that there's some corporate influence here.  Remember the saying, "Never attribute to malice/conspiracy that which can be adequately explained by neglect".

Siryn needs to have a screaming (sonic blast) head because that's her power. Its as bad as making the Falcon or the Angel without wings. Leaving it out is a glaring omission by the team. But they can easily correct it. There's no reason to think Hasbro directed them not to.

On 5/1/2022 at 12:06 AM, enzosaurusrex said:

I don't mind not having the screaming head. I'm more worried about that cape, seems to be the same material as the cape that came in the TAS/Jim Lee Storm and I could never make that look good on display. Seems to just flop there. Atleast this one doesn't have ropes/shoelaces to tie it down to her wrists unlike Storm!

That said, excited to finally get a Siryn. I don't think we even got a Siryn in the old 5" line from Toybiz in the 90s right? Is this her first ever action figure?

Yeah, this is Theresa's first ever figure.