My Marvel Legends Digital Custom: Marrina!

Air-Walker

Hope this is ok to post this here: this is a digital custom I made lately of a Marvel Legends style Marrina. I'd started out making photoshop renders (composites) of G.I. Joe Classified style figures last summer and it just sort of caught on from there; just a fun way of visualizing what I'd love to see made in real plastic, and ideally to make it real myself if I don't like Hasbro's take, lol (I've also been learning 3D sculpting). Any how, this picture is made of various parts of other ML figures, mostly promo pics from hasbro, and from pics of my own figures. Hope you all dig it!

Marrina-INST1.thumb.jpg.225c06f52a86427bf482303bc5c4581b.jpgMarrina-INST2.thumb.jpg.187f9645379cefb4ceb39cb956301e5b.jpgMarrina-INST4.thumb.jpg.a805f54f7c9bfb881f07438eec87949a.jpgMarrina-INST3.thumb.jpg.fbaf2cef14aeabe5f31ee8f4136af75b.jpg

On 5/1/2022 at 7:03 PM, tarot said:

I'm glad you put fan art on it. You wouldn't believe how many people thing something like this is real.

Actually, I do believe, lol; been chastised more than a few times! Mostly in good humor, but a guy in a G.I. Joe group got really mad at me once. I never meant to fool anyone though (plus it's a really nice compliment!) and always tried to be as clear as possible that they're photo comps in the description. But...big black letters seems to be doing the trick. 

On 5/2/2022 at 10:20 AM, Air-Walker said:

Actually, I do believe, lol; been chastised more than a few times! Mostly in good humor, but a guy in a G.I. Joe group got really mad at me once. I never meant to fool anyone though (plus it's a really nice compliment!) and always tried to be as clear as possible that they're photo comps in the description. But...big black letters seems to be doing the trick. 

LOL, this is top notch work man. I was just noting the other day how underutilized the Scarlet Witch buck has been since inception. It was initially decided she was too tall but they took of the heels and adjusted the leg length, at least by the time they got around to doing the Family Values set SW. I know it has that bustier top but i wonder why they hadn't modified it long ago for other females. It would have had the long torso look that so many of the swimsuit and lingerie models have but it is by no means unrealistic. We could have avoided so many females being put on that terrible chicken legged, knobby kneed Kate Bishop buck. In this case though, the bustier top should work just fine.

Currently, I'm recovering from (elective) surgery. Finally got that personality transplant everyone says I need. Not sure it took. I'll be down and out for about 2 weeks but as soon as I'm cleared I'll be digging out my Odin wave figures to do some customizing. One, I'll be repainting the Cap Marvel to give Binary a proper body. The head sculpt will take some major "Face Off" type swappage, but nothing I haven't dealt with before. Two I'll be using this as reference to turn Scarlet Witch to Marrina. I hope you don't mind me using your idea. I'm thinking this'll probably take a bit more Dremel and putty work, but i think it'll work. Of course the face portrait may work for her prone face but I may have to have a friend modify and print the other two faces.

On 5/3/2022 at 3:57 AM, monron999 said:

LOL, this is top notch work man. I was just noting the other day how underutilized the Scarlet Witch buck has been since inception. It was initially decided she was too tall but they took of the heels and adjusted the leg length, at least by the time they got around to doing the Family Values set SW. I know it has that bustier top but i wonder why they hadn't modified it long ago for other females. It would have had the long torso look that so many of the swimsuit and lingerie models have but it is by no means unrealistic. We could have avoided so many females being put on that terrible chicken legged, knobby kneed Kate Bishop buck. In this case though, the bustier top should work just fine.

Currently, I'm recovering from (elective) surgery. Finally got that personality transplant everyone says I need. Not sure it took. I'll be down and out for about 2 weeks but as soon as I'm cleared I'll be digging out my Odin wave figures to do some customizing. One, I'll be repainting the Cap Marvel to give Binary a proper body. The head sculpt will take some major "Face Off" type swappage, but nothing I haven't dealt with before. Two I'll be using this as reference to turn Scarlet Witch to Marrina. I hope you don't mind me using your idea. I'm thinking this'll probably take a bit more Dremel and putty work, but i think it'll work. Of course the face portrait may work for her prone face but I may have to have a friend modify and print the other two faces.

Thanks dude, much appreciated! I caught part of the joke regarding the surgery, but are you also seriously getting something done? Any how, totally agree, and I could write an essay of lamentation for having waited decades for figures like classic Mystique and Elektra to name a few, only to get them on these twiggy spindly Kate Bishop bodies (and as you said, especially when there were two far better bodies out there; If they were worried about the Moonstone Buck's 'endowments, they could simply have toned them down instead of made all these super ladies annorexic!)

And yes by all means, use this for inspiration. I'm very flattered! All I ask is you give me a shoutout🙂. Really looking forward to seeing how she turns out! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Love this, I really wish Hasbro would get on making a Marrina figure.

Thanks Bro! And Amen!! Can't believe we still don't have all our original squad yet! Fingers crossed! 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:50 PM, Psychosomatic said:

This looks fantastic! Just checked out your other renders - absolutely fantastic work!

Thanks Bro! Much appreciated! 

On 5/15/2022 at 5:59 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Wow...just wow! I love this and wish it was from Hasbro!! Very nice work. Oooo...do Outback PSYLOCKE next!!

Thanks dude! We'll see; I've got another classic in the works though! 🙂 Stay tuned!

On 5/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Thanks Bro! Much appreciated and Double Amen!

On 5/15/2022 at 9:28 PM, Psychosomatic said:

OH, we're throwing out requests?!  Ok, Air-Walker do Marrow, and a Classic Style Drax the Destroyer! Please. 😉

Ohhh, Classic Drax.....the note is takne! Thanks dude!

And thanks @JayC for the headline! Much appreciated dude! I'll make a few more, but promise I won't go overboard, lol.

On 5/3/2022 at 6:46 PM, Air-Walker said:

Thanks dude, much appreciated! I caught part of the joke regarding the surgery, but are you also seriously getting something done?

Yes, I actually did. Hernia surgery. Our side hustle is couples personal training. My wife is the brains, I just kinda keep the guys busy while their wives beast out. Basically a way for me to get paid to stay in shape, but it's hard to keep a rep as a good trainer when you can't do much yourself. Long story short, it's been a lingering issue, yet non life threatening for a long time so it fell in the "elective" column. Two years, a plague and 25 pounds later I'm finally able to get it taken care of. It's given me a chance to get my customizing space in line. Clean and service my tools, get everything all lined up. I expect to get back into doing a lot more customizing pretty soon, but also maybe not quite as quickly as I'd hoped.

Question, maybe a discussion for PM, but are you able to design facial sculpts in a format for 3d print, cuz I'm putting together a pretty nice scanning and printing set up and I have an engineer friend who's gonna teach me to use it and theoretically I should be able print out much anything that can be modeled out, within a certain size restriction space, which is still much larger than 90 percent of ML product out there.

On 5/16/2022 at 12:44 AM, Biggbubb said:

This is fantastic ! Love the alt heads! Get with it,Hasbro !

On 5/16/2022 at 2:12 AM, LordVenger said:

This is sweet work air-walker.  And yes I too would love to see you do a classic drax. 

On 5/16/2022 at 4:38 AM, ScottieACE said:

She looks killer! I have been hoping to get her on the shelf, and this one looks great. Good work!

Thanks everyone! Much appreciated! Yes indeed, I sincerely hope we see her soon and that Hasbro nails it! 

On 5/16/2022 at 9:39 AM, monron999 said:

Yes, I actually did. Hernia surgery. Our side hustle is couples personal training. My wife is the brains, I just kinda keep the guys busy while their wives beast out. Basically a way for me to get paid to stay in shape, but it's hard to keep a rep as a good trainer when you can't do much yourself. Long story short, it's been a lingering issue, yet non life threatening for a long time so it fell in the "elective" column. Two years, a plague and 25 pounds later I'm finally able to get it taken care of. It's given me a chance to get my customizing space in line. Clean and service my tools, get everything all lined up. I expect to get back into doing a lot more customizing pretty soon, but also maybe not quite as quickly as I'd hoped.

Question, maybe a discussion for PM, but are you able to design facial sculpts in a format for 3d print, cuz I'm putting together a pretty nice scanning and printing set up and I have an engineer friend who's gonna teach me to use it and theoretically I should be able print out much anything that can be modeled out, within a certain size restriction space, which is still much larger than 90 percent of ML product out there.

Glad to hear your on the mend dude; and yes, any surgery, elective or otherwise is draining. Wise move in using your healing time for things that come straight from the heart (I'm of the mind that this helps things heal faster)!

As for your question, I'll drop you a PM to answer in more detail.👍

On 5/5/2022 at 1:29 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Its been almost 5 years since the release of the Alpha Flight box set and we've not seen any sign of Marrina being produced (or Rachel Phoenix that should've been in the Excalibur set). Definitely should have used her instead of Vindicator II, but it is what it is. This is a wonderful custom; it looks like its right off the page and that's what any fan should want. 

Its also a great base for a Namorita figure. Outstanding! Great work!

On 5/17/2022 at 11:37 AM, Atlantis said:

Its been almost 5 years since the release of the Alpha Flight box set and we've not seen any sign of Marrina being produced (or Rachel Phoenix that should've been in the Excalibur set). Definitely should have used her instead of Vindicator II, but it is what it is. This is a wonderful custom; it looks like its right off the page and that's what any fan should want. 

Its also a great base for a Namorita figure. Outstanding! Great work!

Yeah it has been almost that long since the AF box set, which I guess does make you wonder if they ever planning on giving us the final characters needed for that team, I am still holding hope we won't be let down, I don't need every AF member, but we at least need Marrina to fill out the main OG ranks, Box would really make me happy as well though, I have higher hopes we will see Racheal for our Excalibur team coming sooner then Marrina.

and yes I do agree if they did that Box set right, it should have been Marrina over Vindicator because that would have closed off the classic line up, but Hasbro does Hasbro, Vindicators colors don't even match Guardians..sigh

but hey I'm still waiting on Generation X, and we still need so many for the Serpent Society. and we don't even have to get into the obvious holes in X-Force and Factor.

On 5/17/2022 at 1:54 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"...I guess does make you wonder if they ever planning on giving us the final characters needed for that team, I am still holding hope we won't be let down....we at least need Marrina to fill out the main OG ranks, Box would really make me happy as well though, I have higher hopes we will see Racheal for our Excalibur team coming sooner then Marrina.....and yes I do agree if they did that Box set right, it should have been Marrina over Vindicator because that would have closed off the classic line up, but Hasbro does Hasbro, Vindicators colors don't even match Guardians..sigh..."

Well if this forum is any guide, Box is certainly very popular and very requested. He's not a fave of mine but I hope he gets done soon. A smart move would be to make him a 2 pack with Marrina. If they do him correctly, and make her look as good as this Air- Walker fella did, it'll go fast on Amazon. 

On 5/17/2022 at 6:30 PM, Atlantis said:

Well if this forum is any guide, Box is certainly very popular and very requested. He's not a fave of mine but I hope he gets done soon. A smart move would be to make him a 2 pack with Marrina. If they do him correctly, and make her look as good as this Air- Walker fella did, it'll go fast on Amazon. 

Yeah perfect Idea Box x Marrina 2 pack, I put my vote in on that.