Marvel Legends Walgreens Exclusive Jigsaw Figure Video Review And Images

JayC

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Super Villains Jigsaw figure which here in the US will be sold as a Walgreens exclusive. No word yet on when this figure will see release in the US.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-00.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-01.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-02.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-03.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-04.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-05.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-06.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-07.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-08.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-09.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-10.JPG

Marvel-Legends-Jigsaw-11.JPG

This is a very cool figure but at current prices I won’t be getting him

Im lacking in true Punisher villains but no more cool figures because they look great so why not purchases for me.. 

Of all the recent Walgreens exclusives this is the one I'm the most excited for. So glad they got the suit body right before they pulled the trigger on this guy. Of course, what I was expecting was just a reboxed Punisher with a new head sculpt and neck brace. That would have actually been okay with me, cuz it would have been easy enough to customize it to his original costume, but this is actually good. Sure glad I picked up at least a few Punisher's when I had the chance. First, so I can use this head sculpt on it. Second cuz the Punisher has been neutered and it don't look like he's coming back any time soon.

Here's to the next exclusive being Tarantula.

If i can order this guy online, I'll get him.  Not my favorite character or anything but he looks awesome and of course is Punisher's arch-enemy, as much as he as one.

The last WG exclusive i saw in store was Quasar, and feels like that was a fluke - like a small amount of Quasars made it into stores here in southern MA/  RI and that was it, nationwide. But was able to order Binary and Zemo online so I'm not too worried.

The price increase hurts but tbh i've scaled back on ML purchases in the past couple of years just based on character selection,  so I'm willing to pay the increased price for the handful of characters i really want to add to my collection, especially if they are exclusives that are unlikely to  get marked down. Maybe WG is onto something with their crazy distribution as a i feel like I pay full price for figures there more often than with any other retailer.

• 2 weeks later...

I just really hate Hasbro's suited molds. True, this one is head and shoulders better than the spindly gummy legged, twig armed one they ran the wheels off of for oh so many years now, but it still doesn't look 100 percent right. Anyone with any kind of eye for detail knows the proper way to make a character look correct in a suit is to have them the same size as they are in costume and simply smooth out the muscle tones and sculpt in the edges around it. Simple, but I assume making a suited buck to match every mold Hasbro has is not in the cards. I'll take this one for what it's worth, and I have no doubt Hasbro will get their money's worth out of this one too.

I would have really loved them to have redone the Face Off version where he was in the pieced together Punisher outfit, but who knows when the actual "Punisher" look will come back, if ever, for such ridiculous reasons. Glad I got mine when I did. I've not seen anyone do it yet, but I'm interested in seeing how this head sculpt looks on the 80th Anniversary Punisher figure. Not a perfect representation of the Face Off version, but I bet with a little bit of paint and a few minor details it could be close enough

On 5/20/2022 at 8:12 AM, Jmacq1 said:

Given that Quasar just popped up on E-tailer sites, I'd keep an eye on them as it seems quite likely Zemo (and possibly Jigsaw) will pop up again there.

While I won't say its impossible, I don't think thats a given. Zemo and Jigsaw are probably gonna be more popular than Quasar. Quasar is showing up at other places now cause it was unsold merchandise. Not sure if there will be unsold merch for Zemo and Jigsaw. Though Jigsaw has been up for over 4hrs now so who knows.

I'm ecstatic to get this figure. I actually ordered 2. I've been using the Face-Off version in the Punisher costume for years now and have long regretted selling off the white suit version. I was very pleased to get this one easily enough. I was never successful in obtaining Zemo so I'm hoping he eventually shows up back on their website or at Fanchannel sites like BBTS.

Yeah i was able to order around 9 this morning, hopefully it doesn't get cancelled like my Zemo order did last time (fortunately i was able to order him later).   He's a bit pricey but at least he comes with decent accessories and is a cool looking villain, since i'm not looking for many figures right now i didn't mind shelling out for him, especially since WG is probably the least likely to have him marked down later or somesuch.

To address Jay's point, i defintely would see Zemo as more popular than Quasar, as he is pretty much Cap's # 2 villain (toss up between him and Arnim Zola imo) and of course has had more presence in other media.  I'm not so sure about where Jigsaw falls on this scale. He's pretty much Punisher's #1 villain, altho how many people really know that? But i think he does have more appeal as just a great looking gangster villain and of course he fits into Spidey's rogues gallery too (maybe a bit of a stretch).  

As much as i love the cosmic characters, i do think they have a limited appeal, alas.  surfer probably sold the best out of the WG cosmic stuff, but only bc hasbro has resisted doing a mass retail surfer for whatever reason.  How WG ended up doing Hasbro's only surfer figures is beyond me

On 5/20/2022 at 7:12 AM, Jmacq1 said:

Given that Quasar just popped up on E-tailer sites, I'd keep an eye on them as it seems quite likely Zemo (and possibly Jigsaw) will pop up again there.

On 5/20/2022 at 9:02 AM, JayC said:

While I won't say its impossible, I don't think thats a given. Zemo and Jigsaw are probably gonna be more popular than Quasar. Quasar is showing up at other places now cause it was unsold merchandise. Not sure if there will be unsold merch for Zemo and Jigsaw. Though Jigsaw has been up for over 4hrs now so who knows.

I just noticed Zemo is available on Dorkside and the ETA is June.

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2022 at 8:12 PM, ransomz said:

Crap. I missed it. The site says he's available but when I clicked him a pop up said he wasn't.

I’m not planning on getting it but I checked for fun and it let me put in cart, and get all the way to the last option before check out.. try again, maybe they have more now