New Marvel Legends Guardians Of The Galaxy 5-Pack Revealed

JayC

Revealed via this video titled Treasures of Xandar Merchandise Tour we have our first look at a new Marvel Legends MCU Guardians of the Galaxy 5-pack that is available at merchandise shop at EPCOT. No word if this will be available anywhere else like possibly online at ShopDisney. The figures appear to be re-issues of previously released GOTG movies figures.

GOTG.jpg

Well that's interesting, I do notice that the Drax is different because it seems like it has darker paint then the GOTGV2 Drax and has a closed mouth head more like the GOTG1 Drax but maybe we get a better face print, either way looks like the best MCU Drax yet. not sure if anything looks different with the other figures in that 5 pack, but that Evolution of Groot seems like it's legends(?) and that Baby Groot looks to be brand new, also a taller Teen Groot figure in that pack, but also maybe those are not in 6 scale, they look to be on a 7'' Scale, anyways cool, but sad I guess these will likely only be available at Epcot.

Great starting point for anyone who missed out on first releases on any of these figures but, unless they sprung for new paint, which it doesn't look like to me, this is seriously a reboxing of left over stock. I come across things like this from time to time, most notably at Disney stores at outlet malls or some of the larger comic shops I get around to when I'm travelling for work. Stuff like this is seriously looks like it's hodge podged together as a last ditch attempt to turn some kind of money off these products before they head to the landfill. Still, the fact that they produced specific packaging for the set (with a big naughty clear plastic window) would indicate that the intention was to distribute on some mass scale at one point. Puzzling, but I really wouldn't be surprised if this never really saw this on the retail or even online market.

Ugh. I’ve been wanting a 5-pack of Guardians from the first movie, and they got so close, but yet so far with this set. It would have been fine to just repaint Rocket orange, give Peter his long coat and give Gamora bare arms, but nope, straight rereleases. So annoying. Hopefully we get something like that alongside the Holiday Special/3rd movie or for the 10th anniversary in 2024.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:54 PM, tarot said:

People relax. It's a Disney ride store exclusive of basically re released figures. 

I don't care I have no interest in these myself, but a ton of people would really like to see these re-released and be easily accessible so they might be bummed out.

On 5/5/2022 at 10:32 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I don't care I have no interest in these myself, but a ton of people would really like to see these re-released and be easily accessible so they might be bummed out.

yes but people are forgetting one major thing. They are  all getting new figures in the next year.

On 5/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, tarot said:

yes but people are forgetting one major thing. They are  all getting new figures in the next year.

Yeah of course we will be getting new figures but I think tons of people always like the more familiar costumes, the new movie figures might be something people don't want, you never know.

On 5/8/2022 at 1:07 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Yes and yes but for what it’s worth, I’d love to get this team in their classic comic appearances as well. And then some.

Me too. Chronologically the original team is actually a team in the future, which would make the current team it's predecessor, unlike what is indicated in the movies. Not a big deal as there are more than a few ways the MCU deviate from the comics, but GOTG has gotten so much exposure in it's current state it would be really nice to see some love given to the characters and creators that started the franchise. Maybe a box set. Maybe a few 2 packs. Maybe scatter them as exclusives through several etailers, whatever. They've got tons of molds and bucks they can easily repurpose (Iceman as Martinex, Reaper as Starhawk, Odinson as Charlie-27, Hawkeye as Yondu). The can just re-release the previous Vance Astro as Major Victory. Hell, they can even do Nikki on the same tired ayass Kate Bishop buck that 90 percent of females are done on for all I care. What's one more? It's just one of those things that there is just no logical reason has not even been hinted at yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Shown below via COOKIE TIME 餅乾時間 is a in-hand look at the new Hasbro Marvel Legends Guardians Of The Galaxy 5-Pack which here in the US has currently only been available in the merchandise shop at EPCOT. In the UK there have been reports of the set found at Disney stores. At this time the set has not been made available online at the ShopDisney website either the US or UK. If that changes we will be sure to update you here.

The set contains MCU versions of the Guardians of the Galaxy team which are re-issues of previous versions Hasbro already released in single packaging. Below you can see comparisons of these new figures and the original releases.

GOTG-01.jpg

GOTG-02.jpg

GOTG-03.jpg

GOTG-04.jpg

GOTG-05.jpg

GOTG-06.jpg

GOTG-07.jpg

GOTG-08.jpg

GOTG-09.jpg

GOTG-10.jpg

GOTG-11.jpg

GOTG-12.jpg